A terrible anti-paladin joke a guildie told me

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby uke » Thu May 22, 2008 9:22 am

Joke was 'meh'.

As for the lock - I <3 blood pact, and soulstone, and warlock COOKIES! I mean, you can't eat a mage biscuit in combat, right? Oh, and banish/enslave for cc.

Nope, no group utility here... :?
uke

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 22, 2008 9:26 am

uke wrote:Joke was 'meh'.

As for the lock - I <3 blood pact, and soulstone, and warlock COOKIES! I mean, you can't eat a mage biscuit in combat, right? Oh, and banish/enslave for cc.

CC? lol
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby uke » Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 am

Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

3rd boss in h-MgT, 7-pulls in SH, bombing demons in Mech.

Not everyone is T5+ and can take them all at once. Taking one or two of a 6-pack out of the fight is pretty handy if I don't overgear it yet.
uke

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 22, 2008 9:38 am

uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

Not everyone is T5+ and can take them all at once. Taking one or two of a 6-pack out of the fight is pretty handy if I don't overgear it yet.

I've only got one item from kara+ (aside from badge gear) and I dont even wear it (frayed neck-crap of the drowned) I only wear if for bear boss. Anybody raiding kara should be more than capable to get to the gear level i'm at.
Morpheren

Postby Ubung » Thu May 22, 2008 9:51 am

I don't like martinis. Not all the time, anyways... But I was raised on British humour... Fawlty Towers, Mr. Bean, Red Dwarf, Monty Python, Black Adder ... So I definitely appreciate it.

Best comedys ever in my opinion apart from Mr Bean which I just thought was silly, Monty Python in particular is awsome.

Nodnol
selim

Lister: Nodnol? Hang on, wait a minute! Nodnol! Nod. Nol. It's in Bulgaria, isn't it!
Cat: Are you sure?
Lister: Geography was my number one subject at school. Nodnol, Bulgaria - rich in animal produce and mineral wealth, just south of Bosnia.
Cat: What's the selim?
Lister: Well, that's obviously Bulgarian for kilometers, isn't it?
Cat: You're so smart, I'm glad I came with you!

It's pretty good until about season 6. Rob Grant left after that and it really went down the toilet.

I stopped watching after the episode in which Rimmer becomes Ace. That particular episode is excellent though!

Sorry for the OT but I just love those british comedies. As for the Joke its not that funny but could be very humourous in a video with the proper direction. I would love to see someone do it ( Invis if your free m8 ).
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Shoju » Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 am

oh.... it's funny. you may not find it LOL ROFLMAO SMomN OMGWTFBBQPWN funny, but it's funny in that "picture it in your mind in world's end tavern" kinda way.

I don't need a laugh track to know what's funny. I just find odd dry humor funny.
Shoju

Postby uke » Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

I've only got one item from kara+ (aside from badge gear) and I dont even wear it (frayed neck-crap of the drowned) I only wear if for bear boss. Anybody raiding kara should be more than capable to get to the gear level i'm at.

You get a (warlock) cookie, then. (shrug)

If your sig is your current gear, I'm a good bit behind you gear wise. I guess I'm still a horrible pally because I use a little CC when needed.

:roll:
uke

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 22, 2008 1:19 pm

uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

If your sig is your current gear, I'm a good bit behind you gear wise. I guess I'm still a horrible pally because I use a little CC when needed.

i can't even see my sig at work, and that toon doesn't even exist anymore, he is Korialstraz on Sen'Jin if you wanna armory him. whats my sig say?
Morpheren

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu May 22, 2008 1:28 pm

I like to believe I have a good sense of humor, but it didn't really make me laugh. They were trying to keep things semi-RPish but warlocks don't bash faces with bottles.
Eaglestrike

Postby Shoju » Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 pm

if he was drinking in a bar, I'm sure he wouldn't melt the paladins face with some IMBA spell. Just because there are warlocks doesn't mean that everyone liikes them.
Shoju

Postby uke » Thu May 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

i can't even see my sig at work, and that toon doesn't even exist anymore, he is Korialstraz on Sen'Jin if you wanna armory him. whats my sig say?

Sig is for Morpheren. Life about 15000, armor about 17500.

I'm sitting at about 13800hp 14800armor currently.

And I still take exception to people lol'ing at *any* cc when it makes a pull go much smoother. I aoe tank every chance I get, but causing easily preventable wipes because I can NEVER have any cc is just foolish, IMHO.
uke

Postby uke » Thu May 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:
uke wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

CC? lol

Sig is for Morpheren. Life about 15000, armor about 17500.

I'm sitting at about 13800hp 14800armor currently.

And I still take exception to people lol'ing at *any* cc when it makes a pull go much smoother. I aoe tank every chance I get, but causing easily preventable wipes because I can NEVER have any cc is just foolish, IMHO. Especialy if there's casters. I did a h-SH run last week. On one pull, we were dumb and didn't kill the legionairre first, and I found myself with about 6-7 melee mobs beating on me. Healer was having a spasm keeping me alive, but I aoe-tanked my way out of it. However, if any pulls involve a caster, you better believe he's getting locked down.
uke

Postby Levantine » Thu May 22, 2008 2:52 pm

I giggled at the joke, but then again, I'm Australian, and our humor is basically laughing at ourselves and others.
Levantine

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 22, 2008 5:36 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that just wasn't funny.

You can call it a story at least, but not a joke :S
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Invisusira » Thu May 22, 2008 5:38 pm

fafhrd wrote:You can call it a story at least, but not a joke :S

^

I'm still trying to figure out what the punchline is. (No pun intended.)
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to General