T5 or not T5

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Solessa » Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 am

We didn't step into T6 until we were T5 4/4 6/6...and while is sucked getting Vashj and Kael down...it was well worth it
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 am

Honestly killing Vashj and Kael is not needed, but it makes you feel good when you kill them.

Plus rings are great.

Plus, guilds killing Archi/Illidan and not Kael/vashj will be object of /point /lol

Plus, if you can down those 2, you can literally zerg down the T6 content.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kayoto » Tue May 13, 2008 10:08 am

You should progress normally through TK and SSC, and only take your guild into Hyjal once a week to farm Rage Winterchill (and possibly Anetheron) loot.

Once you've killed Kael and Vashj, then you can move your entire focus to Hyjal/BT. It's better for your guild that way, trust me.
Kayoto

Postby Solessa » Tue May 13, 2008 10:08 am

Yeah after getting Vashj/Kael down we went 4/5 and 4/9 in two weeks.
Solessa

Postby Splug » Tue May 13, 2008 10:17 am

The only thing about SSC/TK that makes for a bit of a deterrant is that the trash there is more annoying than the BT/Hyjal trash. There are occasional items in SSC/TK that will last until the end of BT. Tsunami Talisman isn't a bad trinket at all, for one.

BT/Hyjal really aren't that complicated, fight-wise. You just need enough gear to handle the zones, and you probably could get it from mostly badge gear. But it's most likely worth your time to plow through TK/SSC quickly. As everyone's already mentioned: if you are ready for Hyjal, you won't take long to rip through T5.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 10:38 am

well i know theres nothing in ssc/tk that i really want. just seems to me with za loot and badge loot t5 is kind of a waste of time. we wanna be in sunwell when the lich king comes out so.. thats my thinking. obviously not too long ago it would have been a bad idea to skip that content but now>? im not so sure.
Frickit

Postby Solessa » Tue May 13, 2008 10:43 am

T5 set bonus's are great for t6 aoe tankings

Alar trinket is great for threat

The rings you get from Kael/Vashj then Hyjal rep are amazing

Pride--always good

And the BT Next sure makes Mother and Other Shadow resist (preventing silences) fights easier

Plus..hard fights=build teamwork=eliminate idiots=ez t6
Solessa

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

thanks for input, we will be attempting to get down our first ssc bosses and probably keep doin vr runs for shoulders. its been really hard to get motivated into new content but we are ready. i know personally im not looking forward to coilfang but hey, it cant all be a cake walk.
Frickit

Postby sweeney » Tue May 13, 2008 11:01 am

Just curious -- why the dread for SSC? Just don't like damp caves? :)

I have to admit I'm the guy in our guild who keeps chanting "RAGE WINTERCHILL" when we're discussing raid targets. (We've got Solarian down and had VR to 20%, will hopefully finish him off next try. I imagine once we go into SSC I will understand why you've been trying to avoid it, heh.)

I just want to do the Hyjal trash for the heck of it, I figure we might as well get everybody bracers while we're at it. I want to see new things, and no matter how much the lesser-geared folks whine about wanting to keep at Gruul and Mag, we've officially run out of folks to give T4 to. So I get where you're coming from.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 11:19 am

I went in there twice wearin my kara blues with my old guild. I didnt care for it. TK is cool I like that place alot. Im just itchin to test my new AC on MH/BT encounters. I also dont have a resist set. And just from knowing my 25 man team; I think we'd be more kick ass in hyjal than ssc. Anyway Im suggesting I hate the idea of SSC, not TK...

but alas it has been hard to convince anyone in the guild including my girlfriend whos an old MC raider. Most of our authority is preTBC raiders and Im not, so I guess thats why we think a lot different from each other mostly.

and ya i hate damp caves who doesnt. id rather be in a cool ass light show than a dank dungeon.
Frickit

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 pm

go do SSC.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Sabindeus wrote:go do SSC.

lawl-settled
Frickit

Postby Lieris » Tue May 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Vashj and Kael are two of the best fights in TBC and you absolutely should not miss out on them. Killing Kael for the first time to gain access to T6 content is my favourite moment in raiding.

Meanwhile Hyjal has the most boring bosses in the game, the trash waves are fun for a couple resets but by the time you get exalted SotS you will never want to step in there again. 3/9 Black Temple will send you to sleep too which is probably as far as a guild skipping content will get.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Really? Not one person saying eff it you dont need it? Im surprised. :o
Frickit

Postby Kayoto » Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm

You shouldn't be surprised -- skipping SSC and TK are just generally bad ideas.
Kayoto

PreviousNext

Return to General