Remove Advertisements

T5 or not T5

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Aedolfmawini » Tue May 13, 2008 12:49 pm

If the ring you get from Hyjal exalted isn't enough reason to kill T5 content, I dunno what is.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Kayoto wrote:You shouldn't be surprised -- skipping SSC and TK are just generally bad ideas.

hrm. maybe. is there really that much gear from ssc that cant be achieved through za and badge loot before entering hyjal?

and regardless of that im sure some people want to see the content, im speaking as if content and entertainment mattered not.
Frickit

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Frickit wrote:
Kayoto wrote:You shouldn't be surprised -- skipping SSC and TK are just generally bad ideas.

hrm. maybe. is there really that much gear from ssc that cant be achieved through za and badge loot before entering hyjal?

and regardless of that im sure some people want to see the content, im speaking as if content and entertainment mattered not.

I likes the Scarab of Displacement. Fills out a lot of sets, like for example when you need a resist set, it works well.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Splug » Tue May 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Frickit wrote:Really? Not one person saying eff it you dont need it? Im surprised. :o
Even though you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea. You probably could force your way into BT/Hyjal. But in the time you could brute force 6 bosses in t6 down, you could have gotten 10 from T5, and even though there's not much for you doesn't mean everyone else has no benefit. You'd be suprised how nice tier tokens are, and how long those last after 80% of the other drops are disenchant scraps. The time you lose learning SSC/TK will be regained by the gear income and general raid experience people pick up there. Learning basic raidgroup compositions, etc, in Hyjal is very costly: one wipe is half an hour of trash reclear. Hyjal's a lot more fun when you walk in and 1-2 shot the first four bosses than grinding it out each one for a full week to learn things people should have mastered at Kael.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 pm

We have a queue for T5 parts despite the fact that we're sharding stuff from the first three bosses of Hyjal.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Catriona » Wed May 14, 2008 3:36 am

As a priest I can personally say that I wish I had my t5 2-piece, and the Lurker trinket, at the least from SSC/TK. Trinket is that good, and t5 set bonus would really really help in those beat-my-head-against-Brutallus attempts.

You may not think you need anything but I can guarantee other people need stuff! ^_^
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Frickit » Wed May 14, 2008 9:27 am

Catriona wrote:As a priest I can personally say that I wish I had my t5 2-piece, and the Lurker trinket, at the least from SSC/TK. Trinket is that good, and t5 set bonus would really really help in those beat-my-head-against-Brutallus attempts.

You may not think you need anything but I can guarantee other people need stuff! ^_^

I completey understand that Cat. Im coming from the perspective that our healers are overgeared for the content. My priest has done some T5 stuff and she doesnt need a lot. Our pallys all seem to have 10k+ hp with 2-2.5k healing. We recruited a full T6 holy pally yesterday as well. (not Ressurected hes from a dif server) lol we are a new realm.

Our dps HP might be low but their damage is insane for the content we do. And thanks to badge loot my tankcore kicks the living shit out of T4.

I kinda want to do Hyjal then go back to TK and as for SSC I could care less what we do there. But no one else feels that way so I guess we're doomed to do it the "normal" way. *cough* boring *cough*
Frickit

Postby Hankthetank » Wed May 14, 2008 9:34 am

Frickit wrote:I kinda want to do Hyjal then go back to TK and as for SSC I could care less what we do there. But no one else feels that way so I guess we're doomed to do it the "normal" way. *cough* boring *cough*

Mr. Rogers lied to you. You are not special.
Hankthetank

Postby Frickit » Thu May 29, 2008 8:57 am

Hankthetank wrote:
Frickit wrote:I kinda want to do Hyjal then go back to TK and as for SSC I could care less what we do there. But no one else feels that way so I guess we're doomed to do it the "normal" way. *cough* boring *cough*

Mr. Rogers lied to you. You are not special.

your a bore :roll:
Frickit

Postby Caelus » Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 am

I /lol at people in Hyjal BT without Hand of A'dal title. That is reason enough to do it. :p
Caelus

Postby Dianora » Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 am

Splug wrote:The only thing about SSC/TK that makes for a bit of a deterrant is that the trash there is more annoying than the BT/Hyjal trash. There are occasional items in SSC/TK that will last until the end of BT. Tsunami Talisman isn't a bad trinket at all, for one.

BT/Hyjal really aren't that complicated, fight-wise. You just need enough gear to handle the zones, and you probably could get it from mostly badge gear. But it's most likely worth your time to plow through TK/SSC quickly. As everyone's already mentioned: if you are ready for Hyjal, you won't take long to rip through T5.

-Splug

I'm still using the tanking neck from SSC. Stupid Pendant of Titan hasn't drop for me yet. For trash tanking, running ZA might be more productive in terms of blocking set.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Tybalt » Thu May 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Frickit wrote:hrm. maybe. is there really that much gear from ssc that cant be achieved through za and badge loot before entering hyjal?

Scarab of Displacement
Frayed Tether of the Drowned
Ring of Sundered Souls
Fang of the Leviathan
T5 Legs
T5 Gloves
T5 Helm

Plus, why wouldn't you at least want to experience the fights a few times? If you're not there to see the content, why the hell are you even raiding?
Tybalt

Postby Moses » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Gear wise? Yeah badge gear is better than much of the T5 content so as far as your HP/DPS/Healing goes it should be fairly easy to go into MH and crush a few bosses.

That said you raid will have missed a lot of coordination checks along the way.

What is your goal with raiding? If you guys are trying to beat bosses I see no reason to go ahead and clear out both SSC and TK. There are decent upgrades/sidegrades for many of your raiders I'm sure and a lot of fun bosses. If you are just trying to max out your gear for bragging right then I'd say skip them both. Maybe run in and practice Vashj and Kael to get your rings. The time you would spend learning the coordination checks in SSC/TK you can spend farming your primal shadow/life and HoD and practicing the coordination checks in BT. If I recall when they opened the china guild the first guild to down Illiden did it with half thier raid still in half T4 stuff. Just my thoughts, good luck whatever path you guys choose.
Moses

Postby phaqueue » Thu May 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Frickit wrote:I completey understand that Cat. Im coming from the perspective that our healers are overgeared for the content. My priest has done some T5 stuff and she doesnt need a lot. Our pallys all seem to have 10k+ hp with 2-2.5k healing. We recruited a full T6 holy pally yesterday as well. (not Ressurected hes from a dif server) lol we are a new realm.

Our dps HP might be low but their damage is insane for the content we do. And thanks to badge loot my tankcore kicks the living shit out of T4.

You say your healers are overgeared for the content, but you aren't giving all the stats needed to prove that - which leads me to believe that you aren't completely inoformed what stats your healers need.
you keep quoting HP and +heal.

these are awesome, but how about regen?

for instance... the Illidari council in BT tend to last anywhere from 7-10 minutes on average. Some of your tank healers for that fight will be constantly casting for the bulk portion of that 10 minutes.

do they have the mana regen (and/or crit for pallies) to be able to keep a tank up that long?

I think with the stats you're listing - your healers probably dont' completely outgear the instances like you seem to think they do...
I might be wrong - and probably the best way to prove me wrong would be to post some sample healer armories...

till then - get to SSC/TK!!
phaqueue

Previous

Return to General