Remove Advertisements

T5 or not T5

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

T5 or not T5

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 6:40 am

Im in a guild that is itchin to focus more on 25 mans. We have Voidreaver down twice. We have one strong ZA group and another one just gettin in there. We probably will have enough people for a third good za group eventually.

My question is how much should we focus on SSC and TK. All fun aside is it worth it to go straight for MH/BT at this point? We have me so Im thinkin it should be a cake walk :wink:
Or should we try to get as many T5 pieces as we can?
Frickit

Postby Catriona » Tue May 13, 2008 6:44 am

My long answer for this would probably get a load of "lol elitist hardcore that doesn't want casuals to see endgame lol" responses...
Short answer: hell yeah do SSC/TK, there's some good stuff in there.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Drak » Tue May 13, 2008 6:48 am

It's entirely possible to skip SSC/TK, but is not advisable as the instances will get you the gear your guild needs to really get all the way through MH/BT as well as the experience you and your guildies will need working together. Honestly, if you're truly 'ready' for MH/BT, you should be able to AT LEAST get 3/4 5/6 with relative ease.
Drak

Postby sweeney » Tue May 13, 2008 6:56 am

Just like the "Should we skip Gruul/Mag" question. You might as well get the raid used to being adapatable and learning fights quickly; they'll need that skill for any progression content. If your gear is such that you'll be able to plow through them quickly, then go ahead and do that.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 7:10 am

Sweeney wrote:Just like the "Should we skip Gruul/Mag" question. You might as well get the raid used to being adapatable and learning fights quickly; they'll need that skill for any progression content. If your gear is such that you'll be able to plow through them quickly, then go ahead and do that.

I agree with that it just seems like getting motivated for ssc is the problem and I thought maybe if they were going to Hyjal instead theyd be more excited about it. If theres gear in there thats worth getting aside from the badge loot and ZA loot than I guess we will stick to the plan.

We work well enough together and from downin Mag and VR and of course GL, I figured we'd be able to handle skippin some content. BUT Im sure theres mixed opinions within the guild on that.
Frickit

Postby Erlata » Tue May 13, 2008 7:10 am

If you want to get into MH/BT and do it well i would atleast do 3-4 SSC/TK runs to gear up ur tanks and healers tanks being the first. The dps can get random badge gear now so can skip SSC/TK gear quite easily. I would not go into MH/BT when you have your tanks and healers in T4 as the healers will not be able to keep a T4 tank up if there in T4 gear.
Erlata

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 am

Erlata wrote:If you want to get into MH/BT and do it well i would atleast do 3-4 SSC/TK runs to gear up ur tanks and healers tanks being the first. The dps can get random badge gear now so can skip SSC/TK gear quite easily. I would not go into MH/BT when you have your tanks and healers in T4 as the healers will not be able to keep a T4 tank up if there in T4 gear.

Healers are fine I think our good ones run at about 1900-2000 healzing and you can look at my sig to see where Im at(15khp unbuffed). Our warriors are decent enough to move on as well imo.
Frickit

Postby Erlata » Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 am

You really know what you want to do and what you think your guild can do you just want us to agree with you :P

Well if your good geared you should one shot the first 3 bosses in MH when you get your head around the trash tanking and CC at the start. Then maybe the first 3 bosses in BT but then you may hit a wall... thats when you might want to spend the rest of the week gearing up in SSC/TK
Erlata

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 am

small edit i just got confirmation that our healers run at about 2k-2500 unbuffed...

nah im just a nub and i dont really know if it is a good idea to skip anything or not. Im just thinking that its what I would like to do.

Im getting resistance on this too which is another reason Id like some input.
Frickit

Postby Catriona » Tue May 13, 2008 7:41 am

+healing isn't the only stat your healers will want. They'll need the basic stat upgrades as well - namely stamina, as you can't do shit all healing when you are dead, and several of the fights in MH/BT have players taking AOE damage.

I'm too lazy to check the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure that the big differences between the tier 4/5/6 was the hp/mp/regen advances.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Frickit » Tue May 13, 2008 7:44 am

good point...I know we have a handful of transfers with decent health but I guess there are enough people to want to take it slow. I dont wanna go to ssc qq
Last edited by Frickit on Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frickit

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 am

Don't dare going BT/MH until all the raid except mages can get 10kish HP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 am

Worldie wrote:Don't dare going BT/MH until all the raid except mages can get 10kish HP.

QFT

I still have nightmares about popping Naj'entus's Bubble for the first time and watching half the raid drop.

It was almost like setting off a round of firecrackers in the middle of a herd of fainting goats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting_goat

Not that I have ever done that or anything :twisted:
jere

Postby Hankthetank » Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 am

Frickit wrote:good point...I know we have a handful of transfers with decent health but I guess there are enough people to want to take it slow. I dont wanna go to ssc qq

Look at it this way, it you're as geared/skilled as you think, SSC/TK should be so easy you'll have it clear in just a couple weeks, so it's not a big delay. :)
Hankthetank

Postby Catriona » Tue May 13, 2008 8:06 am

jere wrote:
Worldie wrote:Don't dare going BT/MH until all the raid except mages can get 10kish HP.

QFT

I still have nightmares about popping Naj'entus's Bubble for the first time and watching half the raid drop.

I remember feeling very embarrassed as a new recruit to my guild and having to make a destro lock pull out his imp for me. :(
Stonemaul
Catriona

Next

Return to General