Remove Advertisements

Redoubt

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Spectrum » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:10 am

Well, if it gave parry or any sort of avoidance it would be OP.

The flavor seems to be that it gives you some bonus partial mitigation for half the attacks you take. Maybe if this was changed from a bonus to blocking to a bonus to armor or just a % reduction it would be more useful. It's not like we'd be getting up to warrior's Defensive Stance anyway.

Redoubt 5
Gives you a 10% when hit to reduce the damage of the next 5 physical attacks by 10%

I also love the mana idea, though that would make our AE grinding so much easier. I would vote instead for them to give us Water Shield. Man, I wish I could cast that.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:I wouldn't. It's a significant amount of our bv-mitigation in AoE tanking.
I wouldn't mind it at 20% with a 5% static block chance, though!

It's not, actually. I've simulated this thing a ton. Considering Holy Shield and your passive block value, this skill doesn't increase your blocks when AoE tanking nearly as much as folks tend to think. In AoE situations you'll block another 5-10% more assuming other avoidance stats in a normal range and you use Holy Shield when the CD is up.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I wouldn't. It's a significant amount of our bv-mitigation in AoE tanking.

It's not, actually. I've simulated this thing a ton. Considering Holy Shield and your passive block value, this skill doesn't increase your blocks when AoE tanking nearly as much as folks tend to think. In AoE situations you'll block another 5-10% more assuming other avoidance stats in a normal range and you use Holy Shield when the CD is up.

what does "in a normal range" mean?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

what does "in a normal range" mean?

A search may bring up some of the threads where I posted some of the simulations I ran (it's been quite a while though), but usually I used the defaults of the simulator (its URL has been posted here somewhere too). I believe it was a combined Miss+Dodge+Parry at like 45%. The higher that is, the less effective Redoubt will be. I should have said reasonable as opposed to normal I guess.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Temero » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 am

Man poor redoubt, people ALWAYS pick on it. Some love it, some hate it. 5% passive block is horrible, 10% passive block is ok but still not preferable. Tier 1 talent, unique to our class and fine as is, working as intended, moving on.
Temero

Previous

Return to General