Remove Advertisements

new here

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

new here

Postby mazuka » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi there. I've been reading this forum for quite a while now. There is a lot of great information here. I finally decided to come out of lurker mode and registered an account.

I leveled 70 about 2 weeks ago and am now trying to get geared up and learning to tank instances. Unfortunately, I solo'd most of the way to 70 and did very few instances so now I'm at a disadvantage but that will hopefully change. I have a huge learning curve ahead of me.

One question that is burning right now is this: Our guild has a warrior tank, I was on a guild run (as MT) with other newly leveled 70s in Arcatraz and we were over our heads with the first boss! We called this tank in to help us get past this boss and he wanted me to switch to a 2-hander weapon as I would now be off-tanking/off-healing. Is that correct? should I have a 2-hander if I'm in an off-tank position?

Btw, I was able to tank the rest of the instance until Skyriss. We wiped twice on the third mini-boss so the warrior came back to help us finish.

Thanks.
Kari

-Daricia-lvl 70 prot pally - Rexxar
mazuka

Postby NarfJones » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:33 pm

A two hander does you no good in any position, including off tanking.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Norrath » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 pm

.... unless the 2-hander is [Nightfall].

And you're in a raid setting.

In 5-mans, wielding a 2-hander is pointless. If you're off-healing/keeping seals up, sword'n'board does it just as well, and the combination will in 90% of the cases give better stats.
Norrath

Postby mazuka » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:43 pm

NarfJones wrote:A two hander does you no good in any position, including off tanking.

That is what I thought and I refused to switch. he didn't like that but we went on.
Kari

-Daricia-lvl 70 prot pally - Rexxar
mazuka

Postby Khamul » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:41 pm

He probably just thought you would do more damage with a two-hander.

There's really no room for an off-healer or off-tank in a non-heroic 5-man instance.

Also, this doubles as a signature test. :]
Khamul

Return to General