Remove Advertisements

Ideas for challenges?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Ideas for challenges?

Postby lirael » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 am

Hi Guys,
A while ago, i was bored of tanking and thanks to you, it is all better now.

I have a new problem!

I am a casual (that's not the problem). I run half a Kara once a week and heroic every so often. But i have done all the heroics and they are hardly challenging anymore.
Since i don't have the time to run 25 man raids, i am looking for new tanking challenges...
Do you have any ideas? Otherwise i may have to respe.... (that's a scary thought!)

Thanks

Lili
Paladin 70
lirael

Re: Ideas for challenges?

Postby Zeels » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:44 am

- ZA, also on a 3 day reset.
- Onyxia, bwl (first boss), some molten core perhaps, just for those retro kicks.

Other than that I guess you have to wait
for Sunwell 5-man.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Averroes » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:00 am

Tank world bosses?
Averroes

Postby Clarrisa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 am

You could start spicing up the Heroics and start double pulling bosses.

Find 4 other people who are crazy and daft enough to go along with it and have some fun.

I've always wanted to take down the last 2 bosses of Heroic Mechanar at the same time.

Just imagining the rush as people run around the room avoiding the three fire elementals while ghosts are spawning, random MC'ing and AoE silencing blanketing one half of the room makes my giddy. Not to mention keeping enough threat on both mobs while one does the aggro reducing knock back and dragons breath.

Of course I am a sadist for these sorts of things but hey it's all for that feeling when the stuffs finally down and you just sit back and think "We are awesome!"

Aside from that start seeing what things you can solo if you're really bored
Clarrisa

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 am

Clarrisa wrote:You could start spicing up the Heroics and start double pulling bosses.

Find 4 other people who are crazy and daft enough to go along with it and have some fun.

I've always wanted to take down the last 2 bosses of Heroic Mechanar at the same time.

Just imagining the rush as people run around the room avoiding the three fire elementals while ghosts are spawning, random MC'ing and AoE silencing blanketing one half of the room makes my giddy. Not to mention keeping enough threat on both mobs while one does the aggro reducing knock back and dragons breath.

Of course I am a sadist for these sorts of things but hey it's all for that feeling when the stuffs finally down and you just sit back and think "We are awesome!"

Aside from that start seeing what things you can solo if you're really bored

Here's a video for you ... Invisusira tanking the two gate mobs and Capacitus in Heroic Mech at the same time.

Enjoy. :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Palafix » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:57 pm

If you want a real challenge, PuG 25 mans. It's certainly doable, and you don't need a strict weekly schedule. You can do it at your own leisure. You could probably organize and complete a PuG Gruuls in 1/2 the time you could do a Kara.
Palafix

Postby Asterix » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:04 am

Kite a Fel Reaver to Shat solo. It's definitely doable with enough block value. Or just kill him solo for that matter. :)
Asterix

Postby berbo2 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:01 am

Durn solo is fun.

Fel Reaver too but Durn is really nice with all those kicks and stuffs + the spectators will be much more :)
berbo2

Postby Sharlos » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:38 pm

would you be able to kite durn to a'dal by going thru the back entrance and using the elevator? or would you have to go through zang/terrokar and go thru the front?
Sharlos

Postby SmurfZG » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm

i think durn is quite tightly leashed nowadays.. though I'm not positive about this
SmurfZG

Return to General