Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby alayire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:45 am

Levantine wrote:To be fair I'm about the antithesis of PvP, so I don't know what the issues there are. :3
to make it short, resilience stomps crit(normal crit rating not uber 100% guaranteed stuff like Shatter or stuff) and if you ever have the urge to actually play arena you'll end up hating shamans guts, any shaman at any hour of day and night like literally.

to make it long: with little disease protection and lots of crit reduction the SS was already bad in PvP. now with armor affecting it and double dipping it, it's a freaking nightmare fighting anything with a shield (so that makes 2 out of 4 healers). ARP might make it a bit better but that's a wrong idea to start with because the rest of your damage is AP based and you end up needing way too many stats(ap, arp, crit, hit and SPen) to make the effort worth it. also the fact that COI is magic(thus dispelable) and not automatic (like rogue poisons or feral disease) makes time on target atrocious. you'll do damage, just not ever enough to kill anyone.

btw incase you are wondering, no i don't play DK. I did however heal for a dk friend this season and we ended up just dropping the team since it was an exercise in futility. like AJ say .. this isn't S5 anymore, but hey everyone remembers those overpowered DKs.
alayire

Postby alayire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Uhh they just disabled the double damage range.
uhm what i ment by the big damage range was that SS can go from doing 600 + 600(shadow) on plate to 4k+ +4k+(shadow) double crit on cloth. so thats 1.2k to 8k+ damage range. that's a 7k difference for a hit that's supposed to be around 2k damage. that's hudge and just wrong.

the pvp tears are related to the fact its useless for doing damage on anything that has mail or plate (or a shield for that matter) and it's further exacerbated by the fact that both healers that use a shield can get rid of disease with little sweat.

so the PvE cry about lowering the top damage range while PvP are furious about the fact they are quick to lower the top damage range while doing nothing about the low damage range witch is totally broken.
If you are talking about SS in 3.2 beeing worse then Obliterate in PVE, yes i agree but heck now Obliterate is better on plate then SS is in PVP. so that means they haven't fixed a thing .. what gives?

so yeah i totally see where the frustration, especially because this was a big concern on the PTR forums and many have voiced it yet they chose to go ahead with it.

edit: the dev response was "get ARP". while this has proved as a total success for warriors this isn't the case for DKs.
the warrior bleeds (that aren't efected by arp) depend more on the weapon then on the AP the warrior has. whilst the DKs diseases depend solely on AP so less AP hurts the DK much more then the warrior, not to mention the warrior has much more skills that are ARP dependent comparing to the DK.
alayire

Postby Aedh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Try doing occulus with 4 other randoms, 3 of which have never done occulus. Or even read up on it.

Did that......
Oculus is so painful. Even with the nerfs.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby valura » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 am

Getting invited for TotGC10, and then discovering our highest DPS is doing 3.2k. Gormok up at 20-25% when the jormungars appear > wipe.

Regardless of me saying that we need higher dps to meet the timer, RL insist that all dps focus on the adds :shock: > I leave.

Invited for ICC10, to discover and avg dps of 3K, nobody has even read up on tactics, so we wipe on first trash. Then proceed to wipe again due to multi-pulling groups coz RL wants the spiders shackled. I need my Ashend verdict rep so I indulge them, up to the point where we wipe on Marrowgar in 44 seconds :shock: > I leave.

Guess it's back to facerolling ToC10 for now :?
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 am

44 seconds isn't too bad. I wiped in about 10 seconds with charge-loving warrior. It happened twice in a row. Third time he didn't charge but offtank thought it was a good idea to stand behind the boss, that also happened twice. I was pretty much yelling in raidchat for tanks to stand on eachother at all times, no idea why they didn't listen.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby vegardhv » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 am

valura wrote:Invited for ICC10, to discover and avg dps of 3K, nobody has even read up on tactics, so we wipe on first trash. Then proceed to wipe again due to multi-pulling groups coz RL wants the spiders shackled. I need my Ashend verdict rep so I indulge them, up to the point where we wipe on Marrowgar in 44 seconds :shock: > I leave.

Our dps sucked, we still got down marrowgarr in 3-4 wipes, this fight is possibly too easy, seeing as we brought in a couple alts lieing (lying?) at around 2-2.5K dps. Our best was about 4K. But tanks and healers sort of imba.

The trash before him, it looked kind of ugly at times. I must say though I felt the trash here was more forgiving than the trash in Ulduar when first entering that instance.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:The Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched or the Hunter doing 400 dps?

So there was a post on the Damage Dealing forums that addons such as Recount don't work in cross realm dungeons because the sync feature can't communicate cross realm and that the default range for a lot of things gets dropped to 5 to 10 yards.

I have noticed my boss mod is unable to auto-whisper people from different realms.

fafhrd wrote:idiot warriors who choose the STR quel'dellar over the AGI one and actually have the nerve to insist you should do the same.

I feel dirty using Agility weapons on my main spec Ret paladin.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby maaya » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:08 am

Flex wrote:So there was a post on the Damage Dealing forums that addons such as Recount don't work in cross realm dungeons because the sync feature can't communicate cross realm and that the default range for a lot of things gets dropped to 5 to 10 yards.

My Recount seems to give reasonable numbers that correspond to how quickly the mob packs go down, although I can't say for sure that it's working properly. It does clear out data quite randomly, so I'm not relying on it anymore. I'd love to see it updated to be reliable again.
This account has gone dormant.
maaya

Postby Alixander » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 am

Flex wrote:I have noticed my boss mod is unable to auto-whisper people from different realms.
This is just because you can't whisper to people from other realms even if you're in the same PUG. Or if you can, I don't know how.

As for me...

First off: Shield won't drop, damnit! I've run regular HoR enough to get enough badges to buy both my T9 pants and chest and still haven't even seen it drop. I know it's out there as I've seen it on someone else, but fuck me if I've had a chance to roll on it.

Related point: I've gotten two Tier 9 pieces in the last week plus various other pieces of new gear (either for my main set or my block set). The upgrades are coming fast and furious! This would sound like a success, but shelling out the 150+g per gem plus the material costs of various enchants (woo for having an enchanter fully leveled!) every time I get an upgrade is taking my wallet out back and not even giving it a reach around. As of last night, I got my T9 chest and just barely had the funds to get my gems. In fact I _had_ to do the random heroic for the day to have enough money to repair! :cry:

And before anyone tells me to do dailies, I am! Sadly, I'm not overly rich and am doing dailies, but even then I've generally been losing more money than I've gained lately (between upgrade costs and repairs).

Finally: Autopilot enchanting is bad when you mean to put Rune of Nerubian Carapace on one of your 1Hs to start doing heroics on your alt only to realize you've disenchanted one of your two weapons. :oops:
Alixander

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 am

Alixander wrote:First off: Shield won't drop, damnit! I've run regular HoR enough to get enough badges to buy both my T9 pants and chest and still haven't even seen it drop. I know it's out there as I've seen it on someone else, but fuck me if I've had a chance to roll on it.

<jerk>
My warrior got it on her first and only run through the new 5 mans.
</jerk>
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 am

Flex wrote:

Good because the str one is better for us :) WTB battered hilt to drop. I'm actually thinking about farming for it the cheesy way.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:34 am

Shoju wrote:
Flex wrote:

Good because the str one is better for us :) WTB battered hilt to drop. I'm actually thinking about farming for it the cheesy way.

I've run the place daily on Metallo and almost daily on Flexie and have not seen one drop yet.

My comment was more towards replacing Reckoning with Tyranical Beheader just because one is a Strength weapon and the other is a hunter weapon.
Flex

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Flex wrote:

I've run the place daily on Metallo and almost daily on Flexie and have not seen one drop yet.

My comment was more towards replacing Reckoning with Tyranical Beheader just because one is a Strength weapon and the other is a hunter weapon.

But everything is a hunter weapon. :o
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Flex wrote:

Oh how I have tried to be rid of Edge of Agony (Reckoning). I'm going farming tonight if I'm on. I'm going to see just how long it takes me to get it.
Shoju

Postby sfrog » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Had my roomate, who've I've co-leased this house for close to 2 years now and another place prior for 2 years. Gah. All semester she's blocked me in the driveway. I worked and had classes early in the morning - she didn't. I ended up on probation from work because of constantly having to move her vehicle. I've missed exams, test, classes, been late to work because of this. I've bribed, begged, pleaded, left notes, phone messages, instant messages, re-arranged my whole fucking life around getting everything around her schedule so she won't be inconvenienced by me trying to leave on time.

So what does she do?
My final, my last exam in my Bio class, the one I cannot miss under any circumstance, she blocks me in. I ask her to move, and she goes to take a shower. I had to threaten to call a tow truck before she finally and grudgingly moved her car. So she takes my keys to the house, my PO box, my company keys, and the keys to my parent's house (For the second time!) AND calls the landlord claiming I'm making HER life too difficult.

Her life?! I've paid her bills, her groceries, do her share of the cleaning, do her dishes and re-arranged my goddamn life so she wouldn't be bothered. I've been living out of any friend who'll let me sleep on their couch for a month or in my car because I'm to scared to sleep at the house I'm paying money rent to live there.

I've known this person for 10 years. Scout sisters. I know her family. Thank god this is the last night I have to deal with this - and I'm pissed I'm having to have the cops on call to make sure nothing happens when I get the last of my belongings out of the house.
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Cema » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Icc is boring and far too easy ... ZzzzZzzz
Cema

Postby Aedh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Only having been to 7 total successful lvl 80 raids this entire expac.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPAMMING FROST TRAP EVERY GODDAM PULL DOES NOTHING EXCEPT ANNOY ME AND MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID. STFU AND SPAM VOLLEY LIKE A GOOD LITTLE HUNTARD.
Levantine

Postby Aedh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Levantine wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPAMMING FROST TRAP EVERY GODDAM PULL DOES NOTHING EXCEPT ANNOY ME AND MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID. STFU AND SPAM VOLLEY LIKE A GOOD LITTLE HUNTARD.

either you had a bad pug huntard or its that bloody hunter in HoR. We hates him we does.
Aedh

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:02 am

It's every single Hunter I've grouped with using the tool. Every. Single. One.

I asked why once, and they actually said it was to keep the mobs in the one place, as if they seriously thought they could pull aggro off me when I'm doing nearly double their dps. Most classes are pretty hesitant about using their AoE's for the first couple of pulls, which is understandable given the badness of a lot of tanks, but holy fucking shit, normal people learn that as soon as my shield and hammer fly out they can spam whatever AoE they like without being able to pull aggro off me. Not Hunters though, they insist on being retarded and laying Frost Traps. I'm starting to think it's sole purpose is to shit me off.
Levantine

Postby phaqueue » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am

KNOCKBACKS

I've now kicked 6 players in a week for knocking things back while I"m tanking - I have a macro that reads:

/p Please don't use knockbacks (typhoon, thunderstorm) there is a bug that makes it hard enough to keep the mobs where I want them, I don't need you making it harder
/p if you continue to use them you will be kicked

is there something unclear with this? I didn't think I was ambiguous at all... and yet people continue to do it...

so - they get kicked... I usually just start the vote to kick, if it fails - I say "you can kick them or find a new tank" - they usually end up gone (only actually left 1 group over this)

Is it really that much to ask that they not use that 1 ability for 20 minutes?
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am

I find that annoying on any character - They knockback shit out of my aoe's.
Amshel

Postby valura » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 am

Got kicked out of a Xrealm pug yesterday, coz according to the warlock dps, i couldn't hold aggro to save my ass, I didn't know what aggro was, and he could tank 500% as good as me on his alt warrior :shock:

Said warlock was doing 2.1K in Nexus wearing 10+ non-PvP purples, died 7(!) times, and kept on SB'ing non-engaged mobs (pulling entire groups to him, which ended up killing him), insisting that I pull everything between void and tree boss in one long pull, since we (Paladins I presume) all claim to be so imba, it's time we start proving it :shock:

When I referred him to the "You spank it, you tank it", I was told I was full of shit.

First bad xp with the new Dungeon Tool, but this one kinda trumps all fail pugs from the last couple of months...
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:58 am

I was called "elitist prick from al'akir" by a dk after chainpulling UP. Too bad he left before I could show him doing less than half my damage. At least healer was happy, though the run still took 20 minutes due to 2x1k+1.5k dps with me being 3k.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 am

I love chainpulling instances and making dps cry. :D I also love linking Recount afterwards and showing how horrible they are. Healers and I have giggles over that.
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to General