Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Xfighter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:38 am

Third or fourth guild run went in to ICC10 last night, with 5 alts 5 mains.

2-Shot Marrowgar because of stupidness on the first attempt, then proceeded to wipe on Deathwhisperer for the rest of the night for several reasons:
1) Had half alts in the run
2) The 2 melee DPS we had were spell-based
3) Lack of DPS due to it being mostly alts..
4) People not understanding that being in front of melee mobs = bad.

Safe to say I won't be running with the 3rd or 4th group (whichever it was) again.
Xfighter

Postby Teranoid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm not even sure this is a frustration but this is where the negatives go so I'll put it here.

Decided tonight to start working on my warlock's badges when I get a group for H Old Kingdom.

Our pally tank has 22k hp. So I figure one of two things "Okay he's in dps gear or he's not our tank" but as I look around its pretty obvious who is the "tank". He takes off down the stairs and almost gets crushed by the mobs at the start. It is only then that we realize that he is using Seal of Justice and has buffed himself with Wisdom. After telling him various things about how theres no chance in hell of him tanking this instance he simply replies "lol."

I do know one thing for sure. The Power Infused Mushroom from a quest in Zangarmarsh aint a tanking trinket.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Jeannedark

I.. wow..
Teranoid

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Okay, I lol'd. Now make him equip his real gear.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 pm

- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:43 pm

The Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched or the Hunter doing 400 dps?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Okay, I lol'd. Now make him equip his real gear.

His other spec is Holy.. I don't even want to think what that gear is.
Teranoid

Postby fafhrd » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 am

idiot warriors who choose the STR quel'dellar over the AGI one and actually have the nerve to insist you should do the same.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aubade » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 am

Additional instances can't be launched.
Aubade

Postby Amshel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:19 am

Getting screamed at by multiple members of a random dungeon to change the loot from Need Before Greed to group loot.

I tried to explain but they would not hear it. I was half expecting them to kick me after the 15 minute debuff was up.
Amshel

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:52 am

fafhrd wrote:idiot warriors who choose the STR quel'dellar over the AGI one and actually have the nerve to insist you should do the same.

Crap. I wasn't sure about this myself, asked a warrior in guild if the slower weapon speed and higher ap from str outweighed the ArP and crit from the agi one, he said yes >_<. Knew I should have spreadsheeted.

Edit: though I'm also planning to try to pvp with it so I suppose in that situation AP + higher average damage > crit + ArP. But ArP seems to be the thing to stack for arms pvp. Decisions decisions ._.
Rhiannon

Postby fafhrd » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:22 am

Rhiannon wrote:
fafhrd wrote:idiot warriors who choose the STR quel'dellar over the AGI one and actually have the nerve to insist you should do the same.

Crap. I wasn't sure about this myself, asked a warrior in guild if the slower weapon speed and higher ap from str outweighed the ArP and crit from the agi one, he said yes >_<. Knew I should have spreadsheeted.

Edit: though I'm also planning to try to pvp with it so I suppose in that situation AP + higher average damage > crit + ArP. But ArP seems to be the thing to stack for arms pvp. Decisions decisions ._.

The difference is small, and you'll probably be fine with the STR version too - For PvE Fury I had to spreadsheet to confirm, but the better stats on the AGI one increases all your other attacks more than enough to outweigh the slam and Deepwounds damage the slower weapon gives you - I don't know much about PvP arms though.

I'm mainly mad at people who haven't bothered to check yet have the temerity to go "lol bad warrior using AGI sword instead of STR one".
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby amh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 am

If only the battered hilt would drop at all :( Stuck with a mace from Yogg25 for dpsing, my epeen is slowly shrinking.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 am

amh wrote:If only the battered hilt would drop at all :( Stuck with a mace from Yogg25 for dpsing, my epeen is slowly shrinking.

I agree. I've been doing nothing but heroics for the last 2 days on both my mage and pally. 0 hilts drops, nonetheless win the roll.
Aubade

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 am

Ugh, Oculus for my random heroic. Tried at least to salvage the run with the 20m achieve and maybe a Ruby Void, but it just wasn't happening. Place isn't even hard, just frustrating.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Try doing occulus with 4 other randoms, 3 of which have never done occulus. Or even read up on it.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Guildless due to unsolvable conflicts with a certain person ò.Ó

Now to find a raiding guild for ICC...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Nakama » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Not being able to find any sort of way to have posts wraparound rather than trailing off the right edge when the posters post long sentences! :(

WTB Carriage Returns!

--Jed
Nakama

Postby alayire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:42 am

Levantine wrote:Needs more DK tears, to be honest. Boo hoo, now the talented strike of the Unholy tree (which was already the strongest dps tree) only crits for double damage instead of RNG critting for quadruple.

Fuck I hate DKs. >_>
well the PvE tears are bullshit.

the PvP ones on the other hand ...
I've been watching some numbers and the 3k double crit on a Holy pala with 3 diseases up made me LoL. Ofcourse a double crit on a poor clothie for like 9-10k is random and quite powerfull and it's not like DK War Pala didn't already own the "train the clothie" patent but that doesn't change any problems the DK have in arenas, only makes them worse.
but to be honest the hudge range the new Scurge Strike has is disastruous in PvP. and althow everyone else and their grandmother pointed this out on the forums the devs felt confident their numbers were fine.

hey atleast they lowered the damage range ROFL.
alayire

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 am

To be fair I'm about the antithesis of PvP, so I don't know what the issues there are. :3
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 am

alayire wrote:
Levantine wrote:Needs more DK tears, to be honest. Boo hoo, now the talented strike of the Unholy tree (which was already the strongest dps tree) only crits for double damage instead of RNG critting for quadruple.

Fuck I hate DKs. >_>
well the PvE tears are bullshit.

the PvP ones on the other hand ...
I've been watching some numbers and the 3k double crit on a Holy pala with 3 diseases up made me LoL. Ofcourse a double crit on a poor clothie for like 9-10k is random and quite powerfull and it's not like DK War Pala didn't already own the "train the clothie" patent but that doesn't change any problems the DK have in arenas, only makes them worse.
but to be honest the hudge range the new Scurge Strike has is disastruous in PvP. and althow everyone else and their grandmother pointed this out on the forums the devs felt confident their numbers were fine.

hey atleast they lowered the damage range ROFL.

Uhh they just disabled the double damage range.

Scourge strike faces a very simple design problem: There already is a baseline abilitythat behaves similarly. It is either better than it, or it's useless. Last iteration was so bad people didn't even take it when the offtree was frost.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby alayire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:45 am

Levantine wrote:To be fair I'm about the antithesis of PvP, so I don't know what the issues there are. :3
to make it short, resilience stomps crit(normal crit rating not uber 100% guaranteed stuff like Shatter or stuff) and if you ever have the urge to actually play arena you'll end up hating shamans guts, any shaman at any hour of day and night like literally.

to make it long: with little disease protection and lots of crit reduction the SS was already bad in PvP. now with armor affecting it and double dipping it, it's a freaking nightmare fighting anything with a shield (so that makes 2 out of 4 healers). ARP might make it a bit better but that's a wrong idea to start with because the rest of your damage is AP based and you end up needing way too many stats(ap, arp, crit, hit and SPen) to make the effort worth it. also the fact that COI is magic(thus dispelable) and not automatic (like rogue poisons or feral disease) makes time on target atrocious. you'll do damage, just not ever enough to kill anyone.

btw incase you are wondering, no i don't play DK. I did however heal for a dk friend this season and we ended up just dropping the team since it was an exercise in futility. like AJ say .. this isn't S5 anymore, but hey everyone remembers those overpowered DKs.
alayire

Postby alayire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Uhh they just disabled the double damage range.
uhm what i ment by the big damage range was that SS can go from doing 600 + 600(shadow) on plate to 4k+ +4k+(shadow) double crit on cloth. so thats 1.2k to 8k+ damage range. that's a 7k difference for a hit that's supposed to be around 2k damage. that's hudge and just wrong.

the pvp tears are related to the fact its useless for doing damage on anything that has mail or plate (or a shield for that matter) and it's further exacerbated by the fact that both healers that use a shield can get rid of disease with little sweat.

so the PvE cry about lowering the top damage range while PvP are furious about the fact they are quick to lower the top damage range while doing nothing about the low damage range witch is totally broken.
If you are talking about SS in 3.2 beeing worse then Obliterate in PVE, yes i agree but heck now Obliterate is better on plate then SS is in PVP. so that means they haven't fixed a thing .. what gives?

so yeah i totally see where the frustration, especially because this was a big concern on the PTR forums and many have voiced it yet they chose to go ahead with it.

edit: the dev response was "get ARP". while this has proved as a total success for warriors this isn't the case for DKs.
the warrior bleeds (that aren't efected by arp) depend more on the weapon then on the AP the warrior has. whilst the DKs diseases depend solely on AP so less AP hurts the DK much more then the warrior, not to mention the warrior has much more skills that are ARP dependent comparing to the DK.
alayire

Postby Aedh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Try doing occulus with 4 other randoms, 3 of which have never done occulus. Or even read up on it.

Did that......
Oculus is so painful. Even with the nerfs.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby valura » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 am

Getting invited for TotGC10, and then discovering our highest DPS is doing 3.2k. Gormok up at 20-25% when the jormungars appear > wipe.

Regardless of me saying that we need higher dps to meet the timer, RL insist that all dps focus on the adds :shock: > I leave.

Invited for ICC10, to discover and avg dps of 3K, nobody has even read up on tactics, so we wipe on first trash. Then proceed to wipe again due to multi-pulling groups coz RL wants the spiders shackled. I need my Ashend verdict rep so I indulge them, up to the point where we wipe on Marrowgar in 44 seconds :shock: > I leave.

Guess it's back to facerolling ToC10 for now :?
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (92) Combat | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (79) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (96) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 am

44 seconds isn't too bad. I wiped in about 10 seconds with charge-loving warrior. It happened twice in a row. Third time he didn't charge but offtank thought it was a good idea to stand behind the boss, that also happened twice. I was pretty much yelling in raidchat for tanks to stand on eachother at all times, no idea why they didn't listen.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

PreviousNext

Return to General