Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Icy Veins help a lot too... and on my dk the only alleviating factor was pestilence.

Ah, that's sort of a revenge mechanism. Sadly, I am becoming too familiar with kiting *everything* like some sort of girly hunter!
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

Flex wrote:ToC10 or ToGC10 or?

Also being a 10 man only group we really don't have the luxury of being in all 245s with a few 258s. We are 232s with a few 245s.

Oops, meant ICC10, since that's what the original post was referring to. Obviously I was talking about Marrowgar.

But still, I'm not sure that the jump from 232 to 245 will make a drastic difference in the damage intake. At least, not more than can be compensated for by quick activation of cooldowns.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 am

theckhd wrote:Oops, meant ICC10, since that's what the original post was referring to. Obviously I was talking about Marrowgar.

But still, I'm not sure that the jump from 232 to 245 will make a drastic difference in the damage intake. At least, not more than can be compensated for by quick activation of cooldowns.

You'd be shocked. For instance you're about 2K more health than I am (4K or so if I go with the armor trinket) unbuffed with better clicky trinkets that don't give you beer when you /wave. Now filter that across the entire raid and you have more of everything.

I'm 100% positive if everything went perfect we'd get a kill but when you're on the gear cusp for what it is tuned for little things add up.

Cooldown usage could work but we had a few pulls were the spikes went from healer 1 to healer 2 then back to healer 1. Those annoyed me.

Edited To Add:
Just from my general observation as a casual progression focused 10 man raider 25 man groups can 2 heal new 10 mans while 10 man groups would typically need 3 healers to start and then as gear comes in they can drop a healer.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Random Heroic for today: Halls of Stone. DPS is low, but the players seem ok, everyone has to gear up sometime. Healer is a tree in decent gear, and he decides to push one of my biggest buttons: says I'm not going fast enough and starts pulling. I put up with it a little at the start, because he wasn't doing it much, but he just got worse as we mvoed toward Krystallus.

Finally he made a big mess and got a couple dps killed, so I try to vote him out - too slow, he pulls the boss before I can click it. One dps dead on the pull, I grab the boss and tank it. Boss dies, we got down the next hall to Maiden. Finally start a vote when we're standing before the boss, and he's out.

The new tool was surprisingly quick at filling the spot - I'd honestly expected trouble getting a healer into an instance with a boss down. As it happens we got a great Priest replacement, and with our 1100-2000 dpsers (I was top with 2.4k) we happily finish the instance with no further problems. The Brann encounter is actually more fun when the mobs don't die quick, heh.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

My rouge has Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows as his MH as of today!! You can easily get the quest line done in a day.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Aedh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 pm

No one I pug wants to full clear the new heroics in hopes of the hilt dropping.

Anachronos has a leash. Got him to just inside the Shimmering Flats and poof...gone.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:31 am

Punkss2 wrote:My rouge has Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows as his MH as of today!! You can easily get the quest line done in a day.

Umm..so I'm a little embarassed..this was meant for the Post your Success thread..sorry :oops:

Could a mod move it if possible?

Thanks,

punk
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 am

Joined Random Heroic today... get group in under a minute (like normal - <3 being a tank) get to the instance... then wait the entire dungeon tool cooldown for the healer to COME BACK FROM AFK

if you know you have to afk - why in hell did you queue? I know as a healer he got the queue in under a minute - so it's not like he queued and went to do something - especially since he actually had to accept the queue before he got to the instance...

Then when I try to vote to kick - it gets turned down... so I left...

Just can't seem to grasp the idea of queueing for something like that then going afk for 20 minutes and wasting other people's time... it's freaking retarded...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Nekkos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:25 am

Between 10 and 25 man we may have seen every possible Gunship encounter bug. For starter's the trash pull nearest the elevator after Deathwhisper ended up on top of the teleporter and perpetually remained in combat with the Horde NPCs. Moving more than a few steps into the raid instance caused us to be teleported up to that group to be gang banged. We couldn't buff up outside either because of phasing.

As we finished off Gunship in our 10 man, a few people were rocketing over to kill a final sorcerer spawn. The enemy ship went down with them aboard and they couldn't port off =p.

In 25 man tonight our gunship didn't circle around to the Deathbringer platform after we won the encounter. We were forced to drop down and wipe so that we could port up there.

Additionally, another of our 10 man groups killed Saurfang last night and the boss bugged such that they could continually hit the boss after he was down. The group was then stuck in combat and could not open the chest.
Nekkos

Postby hoho » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 am

Discus wrote:Rushed home from work all excited about 3.3 - clicked on launcher, launcher disappeared no WoW log-in screen. Spent 4 hours listening on vent to excited guildies explore the new content and disenchant tanking drops, whilst I tried and failed to resolve the issue.
You could just, you know, download the patch manually? That's what I did when for whatever reason Wine refused to run the launcher and downloader for me
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby anthony » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 am

Road works. It's stupid, I get on the bus outside my home and then spend 20 mins on the same road only moving a couple of yards if I'm lucky. I leave at 8:20 in the morning and college starts at 9. I'm still just turning off of the road on the bus at 8:50 and so instead of being over 30 mins late for my one college lesson today I phone up and tell them I can't make it. Why do we need a new train station :( they've been working on it for a year now and the detours are just getting worse.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby culhag » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:42 am

phaqueue wrote:Joined Random Heroic today... get group in under a minute (like normal - <3 being a tank) get to the instance... then wait the entire dungeon tool cooldown for the healer to COME BACK FROM AFK

if you know you have to afk - why in hell did you queue? I know as a healer he got the queue in under a minute - so it's not like he queued and went to do something - especially since he actually had to accept the queue before he got to the instance...

Then when I try to vote to kick - it gets turned down... so I left...

Just can't seem to grasp the idea of queueing for something like that then going afk for 20 minutes and wasting other people's time... it's freaking retarded...

It's worse than that, because he went AFK after accepting the invitation, or the instance wouldn't have started.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby mort » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 am

out-dpsed my raid on icc10 trash :l
mort

Postby Karnadas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 am

culhag wrote:
phaqueue wrote:especially since he actually had to accept the queue before he got to the instance...

It's worse than that, because he went AFK after accepting the invitation, or the instance wouldn't have started.

:P

Anyways, being a lone dps in the LFG tool, and not only that, but you finally get ready to enter an instance, and that one DPS doesn't accept the invite so you're thrown back into the pool instead of getting ported to the instance and getting 1 dps to join.
Karnadas

Postby Auroris » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 am

101.3 degree fever. =( I don't want to go lay back down, I feel so unproductive.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

PreviousNext

Return to General