Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby valura » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:08 am

I log on, all curious for the new weekly raid, and rdy to get some very easy EoF's, only to find it's "Malygos must die". Just my luck that it's not only the last one missing from my Frozen Wastes achiev, it's also the absolute no-go instance on my server, kinda like do-not-mention-the-eye-of-eternity.

Have been trying to get a raid together al evening, hoping the 5x EoF would entice at least some ppl to form a raid, but gave it up after more than an hour :(
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby vegardhv » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 am

valura wrote:I log on, all curious for the new weekly raid, and rdy to get some very easy EoF's, only to find it's "Malygos must die". Just my luck that it's not only the last one missing from my Frozen Wastes achiev, it's also the absolute no-go instance on my server, kinda like do-not-mention-the-eye-of-eternity.

Have been trying to get a raid together al evening, hoping the 5x EoF would entice at least some ppl to form a raid, but gave it up after more than an hour :(

Hm.. So I was just lucky that we got the "Lord Marrowgar must die" weekly raid on our server? Thought maybe everyone got him the first week after patch.

Btw - we were heading to EoE 25 the other night, all buffed up, ready to go - noone's ever done him on 25 before, but everyone've done 10 man several times, and raid is probably overgeared for him. Of course raid planner hadn't checked whether anyone actually had the key to the 25 man version.....
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 am

The weekly raid quest is random for each server, like the daily heroic before.
This week it's Ignis on my server.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 am

ICC boss on al'akir/eu/horde. Nice for main, sucks for alts. I guess no free 5 emblems for most of them this week :(
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Maverick13 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:53 am

Perrigrin wrote:I'm frustrated at my own level of fail:

The icons are kinda similar - So about a month ago when I was to sell my 2h:er I instead sold my tank weapon :P Wonder how long Blizzard keeps logs, I guess I'll find out when I come home today and petion....

hoping to make you feel slightly better did exactly teh same with plagued impervious boots and spiked deathdealers only realised when the guildie who had made them asked where they were, put in a query and got a pretty fast reply through the mail with boots attached saying they had confirmed i was entitled to them :D
Maverick13

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 am

Mob movement...

Apparently we have hitboxes the size of a squirrel's nuts, and the mobs are said squirrels, completely hyper on caffeine, crack and having their nuts removed to be used as our hitboxes.
EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE

SANCTUARY IS USELESS
BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, THEY ARE BEHIND YOU!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:36 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Mob movement...

Apparently we have hitboxes the size of a squirrel's nuts, and the mobs are said squirrels, completely hyper on caffeine, crack and having their nuts removed to be used as our hitboxes.
EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE

SANCTUARY IS USELESS

This. Friends started to ask if I was moonwalking. Had to move backwards and turn/strafe while spamming Cons/HoR to keep them all on me. I ended respeccing into SoC, in the hopes it will help with the caster+2melee+2ranged mobs on the ramp.
Last edited by valura on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:36 am

Why is everyone noticing this now? It happens after every patch but it seems to have stuck in one of the 3. patches.
Amshel

Postby valura » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 am

Amshel wrote:Why is everyone noticing this now?

It never was this bad before. Unless you have Hammer glyphed for an additional target (which I find utter crap for MT purposes), the grouping of 5 mobs, and the reduction of our 'hitbox' makes it worse than ever... :(
Bohica (90) BM

valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:09 am

Njall wrote:
Platino wrote:

Make sure you hold onto the item. If you crashed and the server went offline before normal time on tuesday, you might find a friendly GM who will help you out.

No kidding! I have the item. I'm not letting go of it. Its the only proof I have. However, there's a note in to the effect "that GMs won't complete quests for you" or words to that effect so I could be SOL here - which would make me sad. I missed out on Champion of the Naaru because I let things slide (and I had a guild that was too 'leet to help the rank and file) and then boom. Patch 3.0.8 hits a month early.

Update: talked to a GM. Apparently this was an 'interesting problem' and I ended up going up to two other GMs who were basically a supervisor and a manager. They have kicked it over to the Dev team and given me an email to check up on things in a week.

Apparently, they are concerned that people who are qualified for a Feat of Strength shouldn't be penalized. I suspect it was simpler to remove the code on the quest giver rather than grandfather in a hand-in - which is usually what happens in these cases. You can hand the quest in but no one can get the quest.

Oh well. Wait and see. It was, all in all, a very pleasant discussion.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Mob movement...

EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE

SANCTUARY IS USELESS

This, I fear for our tries on Anub25 hc this week, since I'm the sole add tank.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Platino » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:51 am

Starting to get the hang of Deathwhisper's adds in Phase 1, only to have the server dork up.
Platino - Paladin (Prot/Prot) - Argent Dawn
Gauu - Hunter (Survival) - Argent Dawn
Greysonn - Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Argent Dawn
Duncann - Paladin (Prot/Holy) - Argent Dawn
Kharaa - Mage (Arcane) - Argent Dawn
Platino

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:46 am

Marrowgar's damage output for a mostly 232 gear raid makes it hell for two healers. Best we got was 40%ish. Typically a healer would get Bone Spiked and in the few seconds to free them one of the tanks would go down fast to saberlashes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 am

Why are you using two healers?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 am

Nikachelle wrote:Why are you using two healers?

To see if we could. Now that we know we can't at the current gear level we'll go back to three next week. Doesn't help that our third healer disconnected due to a power outage so we were stuck with two.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General