Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

mavfin wrote:
Shoju wrote:Because there is no chance at getting alts into ToC in a full run now. That was only a plan 'in case' we didn't have new content. We raid 3 nights, 3 hours a night. We will probably get 2 locks of ICC and 2 locks of Weekly Raid Boss.

Shoju: We'll probably need alts to finish filling out those second locks consistently. That's how I got my mage into ToC. The tank was locked, and they still needed someone. Voila! Mage picked up three pieces no one wanted.

I only raid on Thursdays with the occasional saturday. Thursday was just about my only chance to get him in since I'm NEVER locked on a thursday.
Shoju

Postby mavfin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Shoju wrote:
mavfin wrote:
Shoju wrote:Because there is no chance at getting alts into ToC in a full run now. That was only a plan 'in case' we didn't have new content. We raid 3 nights, 3 hours a night. We will probably get 2 locks of ICC and 2 locks of Weekly Raid Boss.

Shoju: We'll probably need alts to finish filling out those second locks consistently. That's how I got my mage into ToC. The tank was locked, and they still needed someone. Voila! Mage picked up three pieces no one wanted.

I only raid on Thursdays with the occasional saturday. Thursday was just about my only chance to get him in since I'm NEVER locked on a thursday.

What I'm going to do is put myself out there as tank or ranged, just on two different toons instead of one. i.e. instead of bear/moonkin, I'll have bear/cat/mage options, whatever the raid needs. It works for me on Uldum with disc priest/prot warrior/elem shaman options. I'm the 'fill-in' guy over there, and I'm known for bringing a high level of play to the raid in any role. It's not the conventional way, but I find it enjoyable, and it's part of why I moved the shaman, because the one-toon way wasn't going to net me any hardmodes on Terenas anyway with the mix we have.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby LourdeK » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Even though I'm sure it's been posted numerous times before...

"Extended Maintenance"
"Redundant statements are redundant."

Yourpal - 85 Paladin Kul Tiras US
LourdeK

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Not enough semi dressed draenei or belf screenshots on Maintankadin. I mean, its nearly Wintersveil! Don't make me get up on the mailbox again. I have a dwarven beergut and I am not afraid to use it.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 pm

LourdeK wrote:Even though I'm sure it's been posted numerous times before...

"Extended Maintenance"

Not just this, but the realm status page and the forums appear to have died, so no updates on what's going on atm.

Ah, well. Guess I'll crack open that book I've been meaning to start (with one finger still on Refresh ;)).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby katraya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Someone decided it would be a good thing to hold a national study conference in Detroit...in December. I'll only be there two days but I'm still not thrilled about freezing my butt off since we're supposed to be walking all over campus. The only upside to my trip is that I'll get to see a friend from college for the first time in about 6 years. However, they are expecting snow tomorrow so if it is bad enough she may not be able to come meet me after all.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:44 pm

<hugs Kat> Would a plush slingshot cow soothe your feelings, even if but momentarily?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I wish it snowed here. Cold weather means I get to dress up too.
Amshel

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm

katraya wrote:Someone decided it would be a good thing to hold a national study conference in Detroit...in December. I'll only be there two days but I'm still not thrilled about freezing my butt off since we're supposed to be walking all over campus. The only upside to my trip is that I'll get to see a friend from college for the first time in about 6 years. However, they are expecting snow tomorrow so if it is bad enough she may not be able to come meet me after all.

Don't worry.The burning, abandoned buildings should keep you warm. And have a quick nip over to Windsor, Ontario if you can! :D
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 pm

sigh...im supposed to be studying for my security + certification...I need it to keep my job....and they release 3.3...DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Question to the people who do recruiting for their guilds.

If you don't even bother to reply to an app, why?

I posted an app on the 2nd and more apps have been posted after mine, they were responded to with rigorous questioning. All I've gotten was a question from a random member about my Pyro Rockets. I haven't been found in game to talk to and my app is basically untouched. Excessive questions to find out my class knowledge, a thank you for app'ing but we don't want you, anything would be better than nothing at all.

How do I respond to this?
Amshel

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

That's bad guild management really. You could repost and ask if they had any questions since your application had remained untouched.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:30 pm

I expect they'd respond rather rudely if I posted again while my old app is still there.

For as elitist as they are, they sure aren't lifting a finger to rip me a new one on any spec/gem/class knowledge. They tore into a rogue who posted after me.

Edit: Did you mean post in my thread asking if they had any other questions?
Amshel

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Amshel wrote:I expect they'd respond rather rudely if I posted again while my old app is still there.

For as elitist as they are, they sure aren't lifting a finger to rip me a new one on any spec/gem/class knowledge. They tore into a rogue who posted after me.

Edit: Did you mean post in my thread asking if they had any other questions?

Yeah, post a second post in your thread you made and ask if they had any comments or questions on your application.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Alright, I did.

I've been so worried about being turned away or actually getting accepted; I never even considered being completely ignored to be an option.
Amshel

PreviousNext

Return to General