Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Fahsky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:41 pm

Speaking of changing stuff in combat: when the hell did they make it so you can't change trinkets?! Heroic Ramp, evil dragon boss, I go in w/ Adamanatite Figurine & Royal Defender (or whatever the crappy blue one is from Hellfire Penin) for the HP boost, then want to switch to DMC: Vengeance when it's up - can't. D: I cry a little, end up using a pot, HS AND Lay on Hands to live through it, but yeah - com'on.
Fahsky

Postby Klepsacovic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Sabindeus wrote:wtf is Kelpsacovic doing here?!?!?!

i r nub + shuld lrn2play.

Clericus wrote:I don't know about pants, but you should certainly be able to remove your bracers in combat.

After all, the constitution guarantees you the right to bare arms...

You are bad. BAD! Where's a newspaper when I need one?

Fahsky wrote:Speaking of changing stuff in combat: when the hell did they make it so you can't change trinkets?! Heroic Ramp, evil dragon boss, I go in w/ Adamanatite Figurine & Royal Defender (or whatever the crappy blue one is from Hellfire Penin) for the HP boost, then want to switch to DMC: Vengeance when it's up - can't. D: I cry a little, end up using a pot, HS AND Lay on Hands to live through it, but yeah - com'on.

It's been a while, at least a year or two. Maybe longer.
I don't have a DPS meter so I use an aggro meter. I always win.
Klepsacovic

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:50 pm

I don't like to air guild laundry in public, but frankly this is the biggest frustration I've had since 1.9. I present it not as a whine, but as a reminder that no matter how hard we work, we will face immense annoyances.

Loot council immediately (no deliberation) awarded our 2nd Bulwark of Azzinoth to a warrior who has been with the guild since our 2nd Vashj kill to replace his Hardened Heart. For reference, I have been with them since the week they killed Grand Widow Faerlina, tanked the server first Karazhan run, and would have taken the Hardened Heart as an upgrade. This warrior recently dissolved our 3v3 team after a bad night which he spent verbally abusing me for my mistakes, many of which were imaginary. We were at one point 19 rating away from my Vengeful mace.
PsiVen

Postby Levantine » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm

I swear to GOD, if Dingalingboy (a warrior, no doubt) bitches about Paladins tanking his shit, and stealing his goddam gear, I'm going to gkick the retard. >.< I bet Terrin could pull aggro of the SoB ALREADY, like, at level SIXTY THREE.
Levantine

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:14 pm

I fricken hate it when a warrior feels he has to taunt a mob off me when it's the last mob in a fight and it's even marked for me to tank. Last night I was off tanking a mob in ZA, he tanked the first one with the skull, it was killed, the raid leader said to take the sheep, I'm still tanking my moon, then it comes time to kill the moon, he taunts it, taunt wears off and goes back to me, he does this three fricken times. I decided today next time he's going to taunt a mob that has been assigned to me I'm gonna bubble and /sleep and let him tank it then it will probably go one shot a clothie once taunt has worn off and I'll say in vent there you go, you wanted to tank him so bad, you got him bitch. He's puled this crap two nights now in ZA. There's anotehr warrior in my guild QQing because I say XXX encounter was so much easier with a prot pally in guild or vent. Says he's tired of hearing that every five seconds. There was another time I wound up tanking both atunemen/midnight and romulo/jullianne by accident. The hit my consecrate and then they cant pull them off. They get mad at me. I simply tell the healers to all heal me. Seems some warrior tanks get tank envy since they can't tank 3+ mobs or they feel threatened by tankadins since they have been IT for so long.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:01 pm

I swear to f'in god. One more crack about the pink baby rattle and someone is going to die. That is all. (PS: FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!)
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby guillex » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Mortehl wrote:I swear to f'in god. One more crack about the pink baby rattle and someone is going to die. That is all. (PS: FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!)

But doesn't having it put you to sleep during a raid, Mort?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Annabelle that is called Tank Envy. Gestalt wrote up a really nice guide on how to handle it. Track it down and try some of the techniques listed.
Mortehl

Postby Warrender » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Mortehl wrote:I swear to f'in god. One more crack about the pink baby rattle and someone is going to die. That is all. (PS: FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!)

I've heard pink pom-poms on a stick. Also pink purse.

But as I've used it more and more, the comments sting less and less.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Die in a Fire Guillex :lol:
Mortehl

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Mortehl wrote:Annabelle that is called Tank Envy. Gestalt wrote up a really nice guide on how to handle it. Track it down and try some of the techniques listed.

I remember seeing that a few months ago but back then I was only tanking 5 mans so I usually got lotsa love from the rest of the group because I made the instances faster and easier. I'll look for it again. I was actually going to call it tank envy too but thought it too strong a word for that.
Last edited by Annabelle on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Annabelle that is called Tank Envy. Gestalt wrote up a really nice guide on how to handle it. Track it down and try some of the techniques listed.

I remember seeing that a few months ago. I'll look for it again. I was actually going to call it tank envy too but thought it too strong a word for that.

It's tank envy and I have a sneaking suspicion a bit of communication between you and the warriors will turn it around.
Mortehl

Postby Lelldorin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 pm

If not taunting back works you can always BoP the tank, that should do it :)
Lelldorin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Lelldorin wrote:If not taunting back works you can always BoP the tank, that should do it :)

I could easily taunt it back but then it becomes a childish game, mine, mine, mine, mine *pulls mob back and forth*

I'll talk to the tanks before I do something to cause another guildie to die. I want to look like the bigger man for keeping my cool and doing my job properly. I used to be a rogue and I seemed to get along fine with the tanks. Same person, different class seems to make such a difference.
Annabelle

Postby Riyan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:04 am

Still walking around with Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons... ;-(

I'm exalted with Sha'tar from running Botanica for Spaulders of the Righteous
I'm exalted with the Violet Eye and have never seen the Mantle of Abrahmis drop either.
Done several Heroic Sethekk Halls runs, and never got the Spaulders of Dementia to drop.

Bah, hopefully either Maulgar or VR will drop T4/T5 paladin shoulders this week! Walking around with green shoulders sucks! :x
Riyan

PreviousNext

Return to General