Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:29 pm

RIP, Robin Williams.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:03 am

Blizzard (Celestalon, specifically) said they are considering putting a special NPC to reference to RW who was also a WOW player.

https://www.change.org/p/activision-bli ... /u/7833030
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 am

Considering WoD, it's likely going to be a Jumanji reference somewhere out there.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:54 pm

You know what? I give up on even trying to get to the beta. I've had people try to use their contacts to get me in because they know I can do the grunt work of whacking the same target again and again... and blizz just decides to give a bunch of keys to twitch streamers... I just give up.

The whole thing about fighting another orc as the final boss, even if the situation is different, just makes my eyes roll... the fact they have to explicitly say it's not gonna be SoO again makes me think it will actually be, sorta...

my interest in continuing playing probably at around 5%...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 pm

So, for one of my classes this semester, not only do we have to do the usual "introduce yourself to the class and tell us ALL about you," on the discussion forums, but this one adds a bonus: "tell us something you learned from the syllabus."

What the hell?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:50 pm

"It's becoming an ecological emergency to switch over to e-format."

:-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby econ21 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 am

I decided to level a hunter and picked skinning/leatherworking as professions, as they sounded in character. What was I thinking? LW requires 260 light leather from zones you outlevel in about 5 minutes? And that's just the easy part.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 am

Not unusual. All the crafting professions have about that. Ie: you need about a thousand of cloth to pass from northrend to cataclysm or from cataclysm to pandaria content, similarly for BS with ores.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby twinkfist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 am

i insta-leveled two toons because for a few months i'm alone while waiting to get a job in pittsburgh. my girlfriend is already out there.

i chose tailoring for my warlock and inscription for my druid. inscription is at 1 for my druid because i don't feel like buying or leveling herbalism...or even getting low level herbs with my other toons.

blech.
twinkfist

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 am

That's kind of why I leveled a char to 60 before using the level boost on it :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 am

Worldie wrote:Not unusual. All the crafting professions have about that. Ie: you need about a thousand of cloth to pass from northrend to cataclysm or from cataclysm to pandaria content, similarly for BS with ores.

I have all the professions, but I think LW was definitely the worst to level. Partly it's because finding, killing and skinning mobs is harder than tracking and then mining/herbing. Northrend cloth was a notable bottleneck though, I'll give you that.

But given I already have all the professions, I'll probably switch to herbalism and alchemy. That's what I've done for the last few characters and it's a very painless combo to level, with the XP from herbing a nice bonus.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 am

I dnow, I found blacksmithing painful on the same line of leatherworking. Either spend thousands of gold in bars or spend dozens of hours harvesting hundreds of ores.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 am

It may be because I primarily levelled LW and skinning at levels (so through TBC, wrath, cata and MOP) on Nooska, but I find that skinning (or gathering the leather, more specifically) is the easiest of the gatherinbg professions - you don't have to fly around looking for stuff, you just go soeplace and kills tuff and skin it (and you get drops to boot - with a mobile vendor, like TTM its not the hassle it used to be getting rid of the drops).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Passionario » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 am

Screw medical bureaucracy.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Era » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 am

Spending six hours in Helsinki airport in Finland, awaiting my connecting flight from Norway to Japan.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General