Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Look for another guild if you are serious about continuing to raid. Unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY love the other people in the guild and can't live without playing with them. If you really enjoy the people, and there's an actual dps class you enjoy playing, it might be worth staying. But if you a) hate dps with passion and b) don't care much about changing atmosphere, they opened the door, go away shutting it behind you.

There's several months for WoD, a proper guild LF tank will eventually pop, don't forget to update yourself in "lf guild" on wowprogress and write your btag there, you will get contacted eventually. Hell I was and I was much MUCH behind you :P

http://www.wowprogress.com/?faction=&ra ... protection

Plenty of 14/14 hc guilds recruiting prot palas.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:07 am

Frustration 1: Came back to WoW after a 4 month break; thought I would use TI coins to valor cap the day before reset and did so before realizing it was actually reset day, so my main had nothing to do for the next 6 days.

So I decided to level up a frost mage instead, which was surprisingly fun except for:

Frustration 2: LFD Blackrock Spires. It's official: no leveling tank can tank this dungeon. They seem to delight in training mobs around, until they reach a boss and wonder why they die to a flurry of blows. Given the hassle of navigating the warren, the group soon breaks up after such a wipe or three. After you've experienced a couple of such runs, the grim inevitability becomes quite humorous - especially the last time when the tank trailed scores of mobs to the boss that likes to turn tanks and healers into frogs.
econ21

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:40 am

Being asked to help level some classes/races to 85 to complete the Stay Classy achievement for the last guild bank tab, and then finding out that a bunch of your heirlooms have seemingly vanished from bags and banks, and into nowhere. Goodbye plate, goodbye agility leather, goodbye intellect leather.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:38 pm

You can usually ask GMs to help finding out where they went. A friend of mine found them on a lost alt on a previous server for example.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:14 pm

I did. The only ones they can see are the ones currently in use - cloth and agility mail. GM is speculating it was probably in mail instead, and got lost in a purge. As I don't believe that's the case, but can't discount it, I have to accept it.

Ah well, it just means less work for me :)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Slacker go farm JPs.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

NEGATIVE.

I am GISHWHESing right now, then I have to start up college again.

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:34 am

Amirya wrote:I did. The only ones they can see are the ones currently in use - cloth and agility mail. GM is speculating it was probably in mail instead, and got lost in a purge. As I don't believe that's the case, but can't discount it, I have to accept it.

Ah well, it just means less work for me :)

I've lost quite a few BoA items that way, they sit in the mail for a month and then get automatically deleted :(
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am

I agree with the :( on it.

I'm actually looking forward to the heirloom tab, so I don't have to lose anymore!

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Amirya wrote:I agree with the :( on it.

I'm actually looking forward to the heirloom tab, so I don't have to lose anymore!

Hate to tell you, but no heirloom tab at launch...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:43 am

really really tempted to unsub.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Klaudandus wrote:really really tempted to unsub.

Why not until the xpack? Any particular reason, like an unstable guild?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:24 pm

the guild on my main is pretty much non-existant. my alt's guild is nice and all but i cannot find a regular run, just flexes, which we do on saturdays as we get drunk -- after a while, that becomes boring.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 pm

why not organize a guild break untill the xpac then?

I know it's fairly bad form (although understandable at this point in the xpack) to just disappear, but I guess it wouldn't be quite as bad if everyone agreed to meet again like a month or so before WoD (and keep in touch via webforums).
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Klaudandus wrote:the guild on my main is pretty much non-existant. my alt's guild is nice and all but i cannot find a regular run, just flexes, which we do on saturdays as we get drunk -- after a while, that becomes boring.

Have you tried OpenRaid? Since everything is cross-realm it's fairly easy to find normal/heroic raids these days for whenver you feel like it.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General