Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09 am

Also involves having to have a dog, so that's an automatic no.

Anyway, I bought a bottle of cat repellant spray and used that, gonna see if it works. My yard stinks right now.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:41 pm

This might help, or at least make the situation more humorous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Andurin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 am

Oh wow... It sounds like there is quite a bit of power in that water, but thats gotta be effective... :p
Andurin

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 am

Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am

Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 am

With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)

Nah, needs to be counter-culture.

My interesting fact would have been "I got 45 honor kills this weekend.. " and watch the room go silent...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.

Well heck, you already broke flying mounts in WoD..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Amirya wrote:Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.

My wife works for a company that does personality profiling so that management can see how employees would react to different kinds of team-building and motivation. Too many times the extroverted soft-skills people try to relate to the introverted people who get the work done, with the inevitable result being wasted time and lack of buy-in. Sounds like your company could use a big dose of understanding who they're dealing with, so that they could reach you more effectively.
Koatanga

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Amirya wrote:Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).

At least now if someone asks me for a quote, I can quote you.
Koatanga

Postby Andurin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 am

Well, if you really, really need a quote to live by, there is always the options of wow boss quotes...

Maybe they will stop after one of these:

"I will freeze you from within until all that remains is an icy husk!"
"Hungry worms will feast on your rotting flesh"
"I serve a new master now, mortals!" (But this one might end up that you need a new job...)

But to be honest, i`m glad they dont do those things at our work place... The poor people that would have to deal with the group of software developers that we have here...
Andurin

Postby Nooska » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am

In a workrelated environment I would go with Valithria I think ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Ha!

You're right, I should have shouted, "BY FIRE BE PURGED!"

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 am

Why not -

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to General