Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 am

Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am

Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 am

With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)


Nah, needs to be counter-culture.

My interesting fact would have been "I got 45 honor kills this weekend.. " and watch the room go silent...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.


Well heck, you already broke flying mounts in WoD..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Amirya wrote:Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.

My wife works for a company that does personality profiling so that management can see how employees would react to different kinds of team-building and motivation. Too many times the extroverted soft-skills people try to relate to the introverted people who get the work done, with the inevitable result being wasted time and lack of buy-in. Sounds like your company could use a big dose of understanding who they're dealing with, so that they could reach you more effectively.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Amirya wrote:Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).

At least now if someone asks me for a quote, I can quote you.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 am

Well, if you really, really need a quote to live by, there is always the options of wow boss quotes...

Maybe they will stop after one of these:

"I will freeze you from within until all that remains is an icy husk!"
"Hungry worms will feast on your rotting flesh"
"I serve a new master now, mortals!" (But this one might end up that you need a new job...)

But to be honest, i`m glad they dont do those things at our work place... The poor people that would have to deal with the group of software developers that we have here...
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am

In a workrelated environment I would go with Valithria I think ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Ha!

You're right, I should have shouted, "BY FIRE BE PURGED!"
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby lythac » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 am

Why not -

Image
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby valura » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:22 am

Gaze of the Black Prince
Increase reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. Increases the chances his most hated foes will relinquish their Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestones.


I have come to realize that;
  • either Wrathion doesn’t have that many “most hated enemies” and/or
  • an increase of 0.001%, is still considered to be an increase.

Basically, the only thing that stupid buff is doing, is making sure you get the reputation with Wrathion up twice as fast… which wasn’t that much of a hassle to begin with…
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Hashishin (93) Combat | Arishem (98) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (79) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (94) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
User avatar
valura
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am
Location: If the queue allows me, Draenor-EU. Otherwise, my own personnally crafted Hell.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 am

Still no beta invite for me >=(
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:09 am

I haven't gotten one either...

Isn't this the first round of beta invites? (last few images I've seen were still from the alpha)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:49 am

Yeah, but I only got so much time before I get real busy and cannot do logs anymore...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 am

despite getting an apparently autentical beta access mail (which made me happy <.<) my account still isn't flagged for Beta access, which makes me very sad :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 am

Worldie wrote:despite getting an apparently autentical beta access mail (which made me happy <.<) my account still isn't flagged for Beta access, which makes me very sad :(

Going for the "Beta access breaker" title now? :D
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 am

Is there something in the Internets I can't break?....
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 am

Playing a Hearthstone arena match that I'm winning pretty easily, and the game starts lagging. First it's just delay between being able to play/attack anything. Then it starts freezing for a long time at the beginning and end of each turn. I got a turn off in the last 10 seconds before timer when it quickly unfroze, but then after my opponent's turn, when I had lethal on board, the game froze all the way through my turn and then went straight back to the opponent, then did the same through another turn.

Had to quit out of the game, and now it's put me into a queue to get in.

Edit: Apparently the whole Battle.net EU service has gone to crap, so it wasn't just me.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 am

According to tweets the whole EU bnet is having troubles.


In before another DDOS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Am I remembering right that this happened on the last day of one of the previous seasons, too? (Maybe a test season, I can't quite remember.)
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 am

Just rotated back to day shift... I hate day shifts *le sigh*
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby culhag » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Just opened my 12th Primal egg. Still no red raptor. So far I've had 6 blacks and 6 greens.
I've also looted almost 17k bones in the process.
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:01 pm

culhag wrote:Just opened my 12th Primal egg. Still no red raptor. So far I've had 6 blacks and 6 greens.
I've also looted almost 17k bones in the process.


At least you have the white one? D:
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest