Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Crap.

I forgot about that.

I gotta make enough to have satellite internet to my beachfront property on my private island, complete with food being dropped in by plane once every two weeks.

Then I can escape humanity.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Amirya wrote:Crap.

I forgot about that.

I gotta make enough to have satellite internet to my beachfront property on my private island, complete with food being dropped in by plane once every two weeks.

Then I can escape humanity.


Meh, less complex to just kill the whole lotta 'em.
Filthy humans.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:02 am

Amirya wrote:Crap.

I forgot about that.

I gotta make enough to have satellite internet to my beachfront property on my private island, complete with food being dropped in by plane once every two weeks.

Then I can escape humanity.


You get really shitty latency via satellite internet though.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:55 am

Then I guess I'll go with Sagara's suggestion of killing everyone. :(
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Amirya wrote:Then I guess I'll go with Sagara's suggestion of killing everyone. :(


Personally I'm a fan of the Captain Nemo / Andrew Ryan solution of escaping to the depths of the sea, in lieu of sci-fi grade space travel.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:02 am

I'm having ongoing issues with a neighbourhood cat (or more than one) crapping in my back yard. The place is gravelled, which they apparently like, but it's surrounded by 6 foot high walls. When it first happened I figured they were jumping onto the small shed, then the bins and down to the ground, so I moved the bins so it wasn't as easy a jump. That seemed to work for the last month or so, but now they're getting back in again. They always leave their mess right in the middle of the yard.

Damn things only come in in the middle of the night, so I never catch them at it. No idea how to stop them.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Set up a catch-trap (if that is legal for you) and turn in the cat to the correct authorities - I can't believe there aren't ordnances that require keeping your cat within your own property (around here it's still (for a while) legal to shoot dogs that enter your property if the owner has been warned about the consequence (and you can legally shoot it, ie have a legal firearm you can legally discharge))
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Pretty sure you'd be prosecuted if you shot someone's pet, here. (Both for harming the pet, and for shooting a gun.)
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Well its been changed so it stops being legal sometime in the fall, but it has been that way for at least a century - only after warning the owner that if the trespass continues you would shoot the dog. There was a family dog that got hit by that a year or 2 ago, even though they ahd been repeatedly warned and told by the police to keep their dog off the neigbours property (a cattle farmer IIRC), because it upset the livestock etc.
Finally the dog got shot, because nothing would apparently get the family to keep their dog under control and on their own property (letting it stray is punishable already), but because this family dog had 2 children that were ever so sad that they had lost their dog now, the law has been changed... Now you can only do it if there is immediate danger for persons, pets or livestock, or the dog destroys property (and cannot be stopped by other means).

Its a very weird situation, as, at the same time, a list of "fighting dog" breeds are now illegal, and any dog "deemed" to be part of one of these breeds and born after the law took effect are summarily euthanized.

Politicans, media and public sympathy (all created by the media's way of covering a story *sigh*)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 am

So, yesterday I cleaned up my yard and moved my bins into a spot I don't think the cats could climb down - and there's still a fresh mess this morning in the middle of the gravel. They must be getting all the way up onto the shed in one jump. Argh.

They've started partially burying it, which makes it a pain to clean up.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:49 am

Get some really spicy chillies, make a paste and spread it on the walls. Should stop them.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Or an automated turret (water gun...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmRYRlgreo

Not really a clear video, but I couldn't find anything better at work. I know some former colleagues used a simmilar system that is used to keep pigeons away from a balcony to scare away cats.

Or, if you can afford it and train it, getting a dog works really well to. We had placed some buckets with water on our bins but the cats just jumped around that. When we got a dog, the cats dont even come near the garden anymore :) But it does take a lot of time and money to have a dog :p
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09 am

Also involves having to have a dog, so that's an automatic no.

Anyway, I bought a bottle of cat repellant spray and used that, gonna see if it works. My yard stinks right now.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:41 pm

This might help, or at least make the situation more humorous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 am

Oh wow... It sounds like there is quite a bit of power in that water, but thats gotta be effective... :p
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 am

Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am

Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8781
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 am

With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8781
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:Why not just bring a "I don't care" quote? ;)


Nah, needs to be counter-culture.

My interesting fact would have been "I got 45 honor kills this weekend.. " and watch the room go silent...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Worldie wrote:With my Lineage II server running into server stability issues today just a week after EUW on LoL also got KOd, I'm starting to think my <Server Destroyer> title should gtfo.


Well heck, you already broke flying mounts in WoD..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Amirya wrote:Bah.

I'm in training for my new position at work. I don't mind the training, I don't.

When it's work related.

So far, we've also had those happy-feely idiots who have:
1) Asked us to tell them one unique thing about ourselves
2) Asked us to tell them one interesting thing about ourselves
3) Asked us to do that whole "2 truths, 1 lie" deal
4) Dance at our desks
5) Listen to music they choose to play (1 was played 4 times in a row because a trainer is using that for her wedding song)
6) Tell our neighbor how we feel about change
7) Tell our neighbor one thing that we fear about change
8) Pick a quote that sums up our life, and explain why it does

So far, this was the end of day 4 (we started last Thursday). I am fortunate that my neighbor shares with me the same sentiment, "what, are we in kindergarten again?"

I've had to explain that I do not have something unique or interesting I wish to share, because I dislike discussing myself. I couldn't get out of 3, but frankly, I don't care. I ignored the instructions for 4 and just stood there. I've put my hands over my ears (repeatedly) for 5. And for 8, "I don't have a quote." Which was, "Oh, well, could you have one by Wednesday, please."

I am too much my mother's daughter. I told her, I am at work to learn how to do my job, not to become friends with these people (but if I do, that's a side benefit), because I do not believe in this idiot idea of "work family." They are my colleagues, not my family. I don't care if I consider them friends, because at minimum, I expect them to do their damn job without fucking up, so I can do mine. She, too, is confused by this concept of a work family.

I am dreading tomorrow and the quote thing. It can go one of three ways: I use the House MD quote of "everybody lies." Should go over well with all the other religious and philosophical shit being thrown around. Or, I could say, again, "I don't have a quote," and follow it with, "And I don't define my life based on asinine quotes, so don't ask again." Or, hopefully, I'm simply not asked.

I'm rambling, but I am fucking irritated by this shit. There are currently four people in that training I consider friends (one of which is my roommate), but I wouldn't slot them into "family" slots. I just can't reconcile this. Why can't they have all just grown a couple more heads? That'd make more sense to me.

My wife works for a company that does personality profiling so that management can see how employees would react to different kinds of team-building and motivation. Too many times the extroverted soft-skills people try to relate to the introverted people who get the work done, with the inevitable result being wasted time and lack of buy-in. Sounds like your company could use a big dose of understanding who they're dealing with, so that they could reach you more effectively.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Amirya wrote:Welp.

An attempt to again brush it aside ("No, I don't have a quote still,") was met with a, "You HAVE to do this."

Apparently, "Well, I can't. I don't define myself based on someone else's words," was a very good, very thoughtful, and very "deep" statement. It was perfect.

I was so irritated it took me a good hour or so to calm down. Fist clenching and all that. Sure, slightly unreasonable to be that mad, but the damn compliments sounded condescending and, "see, you're part of US!" sort of thing.

Certainly learned my lesson, with 1.5 weeks to go. All responses will be a silent head shake (and maybe I'll try out the murderous gleam and scare them).

At least now if someone asks me for a quote, I can quote you.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 am

Well, if you really, really need a quote to live by, there is always the options of wow boss quotes...

Maybe they will stop after one of these:

"I will freeze you from within until all that remains is an icy husk!"
"Hungry worms will feast on your rotting flesh"
"I serve a new master now, mortals!" (But this one might end up that you need a new job...)

But to be honest, i`m glad they dont do those things at our work place... The poor people that would have to deal with the group of software developers that we have here...
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am

In a workrelated environment I would go with Valithria I think ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest