Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Worldie wrote:Welcome to the last 5000 years of male dominated world Amirya, you have played too many online games :)
In any country that's not a 1st world country (and often, even there) females are still considered worse than slaves.

I play online games because the real world just sucks.

I just cannot imagine any situation in which rape is the right course of action.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:18 pm

On *a certain religious text* there's written that if you want to marry a girl you can rape her and then pay 100 coins to her father and she's your for example :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Crap.

I forgot about that.

I gotta make enough to have satellite internet to my beachfront property on my private island, complete with food being dropped in by plane once every two weeks.

Then I can escape humanity.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Amirya wrote:Crap.

I forgot about that.

I gotta make enough to have satellite internet to my beachfront property on my private island, complete with food being dropped in by plane once every two weeks.

Meh, less complex to just kill the whole lotta 'em.
Filthy humans.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:02 am

Amirya wrote:Crap.

I forgot about that.

You get really shitty latency via satellite internet though.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:55 am

Then I guess I'll go with Sagara's suggestion of killing everyone. :(
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Amirya wrote:Then I guess I'll go with Sagara's suggestion of killing everyone. :(

Personally I'm a fan of the Captain Nemo / Andrew Ryan solution of escaping to the depths of the sea, in lieu of sci-fi grade space travel.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:02 am

I'm having ongoing issues with a neighbourhood cat (or more than one) crapping in my back yard. The place is gravelled, which they apparently like, but it's surrounded by 6 foot high walls. When it first happened I figured they were jumping onto the small shed, then the bins and down to the ground, so I moved the bins so it wasn't as easy a jump. That seemed to work for the last month or so, but now they're getting back in again. They always leave their mess right in the middle of the yard.

Damn things only come in in the middle of the night, so I never catch them at it. No idea how to stop them.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Set up a catch-trap (if that is legal for you) and turn in the cat to the correct authorities - I can't believe there aren't ordnances that require keeping your cat within your own property (around here it's still (for a while) legal to shoot dogs that enter your property if the owner has been warned about the consequence (and you can legally shoot it, ie have a legal firearm you can legally discharge))
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Pretty sure you'd be prosecuted if you shot someone's pet, here. (Both for harming the pet, and for shooting a gun.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Well its been changed so it stops being legal sometime in the fall, but it has been that way for at least a century - only after warning the owner that if the trespass continues you would shoot the dog. There was a family dog that got hit by that a year or 2 ago, even though they ahd been repeatedly warned and told by the police to keep their dog off the neigbours property (a cattle farmer IIRC), because it upset the livestock etc.
Finally the dog got shot, because nothing would apparently get the family to keep their dog under control and on their own property (letting it stray is punishable already), but because this family dog had 2 children that were ever so sad that they had lost their dog now, the law has been changed... Now you can only do it if there is immediate danger for persons, pets or livestock, or the dog destroys property (and cannot be stopped by other means).

Its a very weird situation, as, at the same time, a list of "fighting dog" breeds are now illegal, and any dog "deemed" to be part of one of these breeds and born after the law took effect are summarily euthanized.

Politicans, media and public sympathy (all created by the media's way of covering a story *sigh*)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 am

So, yesterday I cleaned up my yard and moved my bins into a spot I don't think the cats could climb down - and there's still a fresh mess this morning in the middle of the gravel. They must be getting all the way up onto the shed in one jump. Argh.

They've started partially burying it, which makes it a pain to clean up.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:49 am

Get some really spicy chillies, make a paste and spread it on the walls. Should stop them.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Andurin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Or an automated turret (water gun...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmRYRlgreo

Not really a clear video, but I couldn't find anything better at work. I know some former colleagues used a simmilar system that is used to keep pigeons away from a balcony to scare away cats.

Or, if you can afford it and train it, getting a dog works really well to. We had placed some buckets with water on our bins but the cats just jumped around that. When we got a dog, the cats dont even come near the garden anymore :) But it does take a lot of time and money to have a dog :p
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09 am

Also involves having to have a dog, so that's an automatic no.

Anyway, I bought a bottle of cat repellant spray and used that, gonna see if it works. My yard stinks right now.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General