Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 am

Might be trolls, but I'm used to see similar requirements. I often see 550+ required for Flex 4 (sometimes 560) and always at least 560 for normal.
Considering normal drops 553, I'm not sure why I need higher ilvl than the drops in the istance to join it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 am

My grandma and uncle are in Donetsk. :(
Worldie wrote:Considering normal drops 553, I'm not sure why I need higher ilvl than the drops in the istance to join it.

So that we can boost whoever's doing the recruiting *and* let them get all the drops.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

Passionario wrote:My grandma and uncle are in Donetsk. :(

Goddammit :-/
To quote a song, "It hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year", indeed...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby valura » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

Fetzie wrote:
Valura wrote:Taken from /2

"LFM SoO10n, must have ilvl 560+ and curve."
"LFM Flex4, need ilvl 565+ and curve."
and the best one of them all...
"LFM Flex1, need 565+, curve and 4/14HC minimum" Oo

Sure the second two aren't just trolling the first?

Sadly no, these were some of the most noticeable in a 10 minutes window of /2 filled with LFM, LGF, vendoring, etc...

These just stood out due to the lack of logic behind them.

Edit: Have gotten Curve earlier this week, with a good PuG (no windowlickers) that had an avg ilvl of 545-553 (one very skilled healer had 539 and was doing just fine). One near-wipe (FD + mass ress FTW), and one failure on Siege Engineer later 4 ppl got their first Garrosh normal kill. With skill and some dedication everything can be done, even in an almost pure PuG with below par requirements... Now if only the masses would come to realize that
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (92) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (79) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (90) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: If the queue allows me, Draenor-EU. Otherwise, my own personnally crafted Hell.

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 am

valura, it's not about "cannot be done" with lower ilvl (remember Flex is tuned for people in 520-530 gear and SoO normal is tuned for 540ish).

It's about people who pug not really wantin to put effort and progress, rather wanting a free and clean loot run. People who want to progress usually do that with guilds or with organized pugs, or even in alt runs, and have no interest in grouping with randoms for it.
By going with people 20-30 ilvls ahead of the minimum requirement you eliminate a lot of the randomness due to lack of skill of the members.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 am

LAG

(There is something horribly wrong with the servers - we couldn't do a thing last night. Somehow got through H:Thok (but the healers were crying the entire time), had no chance to even make more attempts at Blackfuse.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Fucking Santa Claus on a pogo stick.

Dealing with a claim that I rarely deal with, I check with one of our liability representatives on how to handle it. Looking in the policy guide yields the lovely gem of, "welp, you can handle it this way OR you can handle it that way."

Gee, thanks. So I get to pick and choose?

6 more weeks of this type of stupidity...

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 pm

On-GCD Seal Twisting/stance requirements in WoD.

2005 phoned, they said to stop stealing their mechanics.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Fetzie wrote:On-GCD Seal Twisting/stance requirements in WoD.

Can you link it? I think I somehow missed something.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 am

Klaudandus wrote:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 3500418048
@Maegoree: @Celestalon If HotR is activated by SoR, are seals still on GCD? Affects seal dancing talent as well.

‏@Celestalon: @Maegoree Yes.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 7643021312
@Celestalon: Ret/Prot will swap Seals more than Holy will. Seal of Righteousness will convert Crusader Strike into Hammer of the Righteousness

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 4828582912
@Faytte: @Celestalon So where do you find a balance here? Are prot tanks gonna be 1 gcd behind other tanks for switching between aoe/single threat?

@Celestalon: @Faytte There IS room between CS cooldowns, remember.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 am

Trying to get some paperwork approved for intermittent absences under FMLA.

The case manager decided to call me this morning to let me know the paperwork, while received, is incomplete.

I appreciate the information, but I probably would have appreciated it a lot more had she not called me at 445 in the fucking morning.

(As it was an 800 number, I ignored the call, struggled to get back to sleep, and listened to the message after my shower.)

Which leads me to the next frustration - day 3 in a row of waking up at some stupid hour and struggling to go back to sleep.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:39 am

Fetzie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 3500418048
@Maegoree: @Celestalon If HotR is activated by SoR, are seals still on GCD? Affects seal dancing talent as well.

‏@Celestalon: @Maegoree Yes.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 7643021312
@Celestalon: Ret/Prot will swap Seals more than Holy will. Seal of Righteousness will convert Crusader Strike into Hammer of the Righteousness

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 4828582912
@Faytte: @Celestalon So where do you find a balance here? Are prot tanks gonna be 1 gcd behind other tanks for switching between aoe/single threat?

@Celestalon: @Faytte There IS room between CS cooldowns, remember.

Someone please smack Celestalon on the head.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:Image

Someone please smack Celestalon on the head.

If this goes live I don't think I want to play Paladin any more. Seal swapping ON THE GCD is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE idea.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 am

That one day I finally decide to get stuff done in WoW again, whole EU collapses and servers have to face a emergency maintenance.

Holy crap.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 am

No raid tonight I guess. And these Celestalon tweets are pissing me off majorly.

Celestalon wrote:Paladins get the exact same defensive benefit from Crit that Warriors do.

What? We'll get free holy power from critting now? I don't understand.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General