Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 am

Worldie wrote:It didn't lag at all even the night of RoS release (which is new, since previously on all blizzard expansions release night all servers got flooded to shit)

You (almost) called it Worldie;
Diablo, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Hearthstone players may be impacted by high latency and disconnections during their gaming experience that are the result of a series of DDoS attacks on certain European online services. Although Blizzard’s infrastructure isn’t targeted, the disruption effects rippled and have been felt by a portion of our players’ population.

From the breaking news in the launcher.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:43 am

Worldie wrote:My bet is on someone DDOSing the EU serverfarm for the sake of it.

18:22 :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 am

I hate April 1st. They teased new female Draenei for today. I was looking forward to it. The design is ugly and includes the following:

The original model was never very popular among players, and while certainly there are the few who dearly love playing a female Draenei, we felt like we needed to start over.

This day needs to just go away.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:28 am

I also hate April Fool's Day. Some chick at work brought in white sugar covered doughnuts. Only they were covered in baking powder. I was the first sucker and tried to stuff the whole thing in my mouth. Only to spit it back out while she took pictures. I've since heard her nail about six other people on the floor. UGH.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am

Never encountered people doing things like that in real life. I just see the day as one where lots of websites do fun/stupid stuff.

(And there are some good bits in these new patch notes they've released, heh.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 am

Nikachelle wrote:Only to spit it back out while she took pictures.

That tends to drive me to violence.

I don't understand what it is about this random fucking day in which people think it is ok to inflict harm on others for their purely selfish amusement.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 am

Amirya wrote:

I don't understand what it is about this random fucking day in which people think it is ok to inflict harm on others for their purely selfish amusement.

I tend to draw the line at "harmless fun", i.e. takes 5 minutes at most to realize and one more minute to set back to normal. Ya know, paper fishies, tape on the laser of the mouse, that kind of stuff. The point is to have a laugh *with* others, not *at* others.

Had a weird case on the radio this morning - they usually do a "Happy Birthday" skit, calling someone on behalf of an auditor. So they call a girl, and after the little song they hook the guy up on the line. Girl sounds sour, so the radio people try to smooth it out a bit until she goes apeshit about the guy cheating on her and things devolving in their life story going on radio, while the anchorpeople try to shuffle it out the air ASAP.

Turned out it was all a prank a couple actors played on the anchors. I'll be honest, I think it might have miffed me more than necessary, had I been in their shoes...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Fucking midnight, still at work. Goddamn stack upgrades...

Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Amirya wrote:

Rather amusingly, she sent out a powerpoint presentation to the entire floor with pictures of the people she did and did not prank. She got a lottttt of people. I kind of felt better that it wasn't just me... but I still had trust issues for the rest of the day. :s

This was just as I was about to spit the disgusting thing out...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:57 pm

LOL Your expression is akin to finding out you're eating Rocky Mountain oysters after taking that first bite.

And it sounds disgusting, too.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

something like that would make me punchy.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Ruex » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:07 am

My Work did a fake press release about up coming product development. Emailed it to all our customers. While not a new concept, I thought the email blast it self was pretty damned funny.

http://www.somediadesign.com/crystal/titan_af02.html

Cheers.

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:15 am

Should have aimed for her face.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Amirya » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 pm

So at work, we have two different soda machines - Pepsi and Coke. I'm not even interested in the soda part, but the caffeine I had (iced tea) wasn't working at all. So I went downstairs to get a Pepsi to just sip on the rest of the day, but the machine proudly announces, "SOLD OUT" - which means, everything.

My roommate is in a different building, and offers to check his. "Nothing Coke, but if Pepsi is out, Mountain Dew is ok." (There are no other caffeine options.)

He brings me a Mountain Dew.

It is HOT (like he threw it in the microwave for a minute).

This is not a case of just-freshly-stocked, as the Pepsi is out.

What the hell...

(Fortunately, I have disposable cups at my desk, so I just went to get some ice.)

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:52 am

Six months after stopping the game, I want to treat myself to a farewell Figureprint of my beloved Queldan.
Goddamn things are expensive as fuck :-/

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General