Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:57 am

Andurin wrote:Gues we are back at alliance :)

Also join my little casual guild!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 am

Worldie wrote:

(Holy Huge Image, Batman)

Say... Were I to consider a comeback...you know, casual, baby-first kinda play?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 am

Sagara wrote:
Worldie wrote:

(Holy Huge Image, Batman)

Say... Were I to consider a comeback...you know, casual, baby-first kinda play?

We (fiance and I) are considering making a guild on Silvermoon (alliance) this time and just fill it up with super guild invite again :p
Andurin

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:29 am

/advertisement on
Me and few friends are running a Horde guild on Twisting Nether... nothing huge, 15ish people in total, most of which RL friends of each other. We barely make 2 (flexy) raids per week, mostly for fun and not really pinning into progressive raiding, without any obligation in attendance (as in, if you don't want or can't to join, you don't with no hate). I've been firmly against doing normals, mainly because I don't want to exclude anyone from the raiding nights, but we will jump in normals (soon-to-be-heroic) in 6.0 since it will have flexible system.
We welcome any person who is social and wants to have some fun rather than hardcorish progressive raids :P
/advertisement off
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Friday morning, before leaving for the weekend, I wanted to turn my new (13 day old) PS4 from standby to off.
Neither controller would turn it on, I figured I was doing something differently due to stressing a bit. But nope, my controllers won't connect via BT, works in "safe mode" which is pure wired connection, but won't connecteven with a reinitialisation of the PS4.

The biggest frustration is the savegame I have for AC4 that I've spent around 50 hours on by now, and not knowing if I can back it up by removing the HDD - but from what I'm reading the HDD will be reformatted if I remove it and replace it, so I don't dare...

Guess I'll have to call tech support tomorrow.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 pm

So much for Ghostbusters 3

Now my sadness went from being regular-twinkie-sized to a 35ft long twinkie.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Zothor » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Apparently double tank-cloaking with bubble/bop was stealthfixed in 5.4.7.

Paladins get NO fun this tier. balls.
Zothor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Zothor wrote:Apparently double tank-cloaking with bubble/bop was stealthfixed in 5.4.7.

Paladins get NO fun this tier. balls.

As it should.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:49 am

Economics is the messiest field of study ever. Somebody needs to clean this up, my OCD is being traumatised.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Era wrote:Economics is the messiest field of study ever. Somebody needs to clean this up, my OCD is being traumatised.

Mmh? My curiosity as a Economics major is piqued. What's the matter?

I've never found it much of a complex field. The big trouble is that it's mostly based on relatively young theories built on observation, so it's all still open to further analysis and discussion.

I find it fun, honestly.

Sagara

Postby Era » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Can't quite put my finger on why, but it just feels very messy to me. Not necessarily complex, just not presented in a very good way. Kind of like how:

a = b - c

...is the same as:

-a = -b + c

..but it just doesn't look as good? :roll:

I don't know man :lol:
Current main frustration is with the debit/credit system in relation to accounting. It's simple enough once you've gotten used to how it works, but it just feels clunky. Oh, and a lot of our curriculum (potentially in relation to how accounting works) has a habit of leaving out the plus/minus signs, so you gotta figure out whether you're adding or subtracting based on what kind of posting it is. Which, again, is simple enough once you've learnt what to look for. Just messy. Cash flows and liquidity budgets and I don't even... :roll:

I love the management bits of business administration, AND I love the more pure mathematical bits, but economics is like a mish-mash of a bunch of different theories, practices and "this is just how we do things". :|

EDIT: Reminded me of this. If I ever have an office wall, I'm gonna have it framed.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 am

Ah, I've had a similar experience on that point. Despite lovng math, I always found accounting a very clunky system as well, but I've learned over time that unless you're actually working in accounting, what matters is to have a decent idea on how those people work and what you can gather from their reports (I actually liked Analytic Accounting much more due to this).

And yeah, you got pretty much the right idea on what economics are about - it's just as much trial-and-error as management, only dealing with money instead. It's just too young of a field.

Bah, don't fret overmuch. Accounting is a huge monster that amounts to very little in the practical end.

Sagara

Postby Era » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 am

Yeah, I'm getting through it, slowly but surely. :lol:
Just frustrating because it feels like someone is handing me a pipe wrench, and telling me to go [insert task that requires delicate tools here, because I completely drew a blank]. :(
Era

Postby Sagara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:36 am

Era wrote:Yeah, I'm getting through it, slowly but surely. :lol:
Just frustrating because it feels like someone is handing me a pipe wrench, and telling me to go [insert task that requires delicate tools here, because I completely drew a blank]. :(

Forgive me if I sound all high and mighty, but don't sweat it. You kinda get used to be asked to do the insane.

Hell, it gets kinda fun over time.

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 pm

so, with talk being on economics, how do you like the Keynes idea of macroeconomics (at least I think its macro economics, not being trained in any relevant field myself)?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General