Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:35 am

Logging in to the game broken for the 10th time this week. Getting really tired of this.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:04 am

Worldie wrote:Zzz I'm at home ill, would love to play wow to kill time but EU seembs to be broken atm :\

Worldie the Union Breaker
OR
Worldie the Continent Breaker

Take your pick ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:51 am

More like <Worldie the Game Server Breaker>, apparently i passed my flu to the game.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:57 am

Was debating whether succes or frustration..

Cancelled both accounts (will run out beginning of march) - haven't logged in for quite a while, so the upkeep is not really something I think I can justify right now - still want to return to the game, and likely will when I know enough about WoD to see a release date or return for the beta or somesuch.

So the frustration? that I fell off the game for some reason (well not "some reason", raid collapsed, so end game is pretty dead without raiding at all now...)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Arnock » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Was going to go look at and test ride a new bike tomorrow. Went to the bank to withdraw the money, and apparently there's a daily withdrawal cap.

Guess I have to wait until next week.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Arnock wrote:Was going to go look at and test ride a new bike tomorrow. Went to the bank to withdraw the money, and apparently there's a daily withdrawal cap.

If your bank is open, ask the teller to up your withdrawal limit. They may have to get their supervisor to approve it, but at the end of the day, it's your account and you can request any amount you want. Banks usually lower the withdrawal limit if they notice a customer not taking that much cash time after time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Arnock wrote:Was going to go look at and test ride a new bike tomorrow. Went to the bank to withdraw the money, and apparently there's a daily withdrawal cap.

If your bank is open, ask the teller to up your withdrawal limit. They may have to get their supervisor to approve it, but at the end of the day, it's your account and you can request any amount you want. Banks usually lower the withdrawal limit if they notice a customer not taking that much cash time after time.

It's a credit union not a bank, and I was trying to withdraw the money from a different credit union that's in the same 'network.' It's the other union that has the withdrawal limit, not the office that I visited.

At any rate, it's too late now, they were about to close, and I can't do anything about it until monday, and I don't have time to check out the bike until next weekend now.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Kal » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 pm

First: Link

OK, my first thought after reading this was: "Holy HoPo, I get to point and say 'See? This!'"

This should be required reading for DK tanks and possibly Monks too, if Keg Smash is still OP. Anyway, my co-tank/guild leader is a DK who out-gears me, so "^^^".

Our only problems are on Garrosh. We can laugh off how she pretty much solos the trash packs throughout the raid, since no one dies and we move on. However, when she starts on Garrosh, lays down Death and Decay, spreads diseases, and spams Blood Boil, all at high vengeance, I'm left sitting there just looking pretty.

Our solution was to switch picking up adds, so she starts with Garrosh, I taunt Garrosh when adds come out so she gets first adds with vengeance, she taunts Garrosh when second adds come out and I get them, etc, so high vengeance on all adds. Sounds good, and it had been working so far except now she doesn't switch her main target from Garrosh to any of the adds, so all her hard hitting abilities (already at high vengeance while I'm at none) stay on Garrosh, and she ends up with adds AND Garrosh, me with none. I taunt in vain, hoping that 2 SotR back to back and maybe a 3rd procced from DP will let me steal aggro, maybe. I taunt up to three times sometimes, getting a paltry amount of vengeance from whatever melee swings I get during the fixate, then new adds come out and I can't get them. I just don't have the vengeance. I taunt and hit Avengers, Holy Prism, Consecrate, and I steal 1-3 adds. Then I loose them just as fast, because, Blood Boil/DnD.

We've done Garrosh once before, and we've come back to it again after a bit of flux in raid attendance. We both have done this fight together. Why I can't get through to her that she needs to stop spamming AOE when I get adds, and get off Garrosh when I get boss, I don't know.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Yeah, the snap aggro issue has been mentioned here before... though i think I remmeber someone saying we were ok and that holy wrath needed no change. might had been someone who tanks with a different class.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 am

What you mention is not really a snap aggro problem but a vengeance issue.
If you got no vengeance and the other tank is at 200k+ vengeance, doesnt matter what class you two are, you get destroyed and outthreated by the other tank whose abilities hit 4x harder than yours due to having 5x your AP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:49 am

Avenger's Shield is our snap aggro. Yes it'd be nice if Holy Wrath wasn't a meteor but AS usually gets the job done. 4 targets? AS and Judge. 5? Add Reckoning. More than that is rare outside trash.

Just look at Malkorok 25H - no other tank can single handedly pick up 3 adds at the same time from 3 completely different locations (AS, J, R). Maybe a monk, but then the adds would be slowed.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 am

Worldie wrote:What you mention is not really a snap aggro problem but a vengeance issue.
If you got no vengeance and the other tank is at 200k+ vengeance, doesnt matter what class you two are, you get destroyed and outthreated by the other tank whose abilities hit 4x harder than yours due to having 5x your AP.

Unless they are a Monk. In which case five Keg Smashes are enough to rip threat back.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 am

Fetzie wrote:
Unless they are a Monk. In which case five Keg Smashes are enough to rip threat back.

Considering the cooldown on Keg Smash, I'd be amazed to see which group of add actually lives for that long.

Newsom wrote:Just look at Malkorok 25H - no other tank can single handedly pick up 3 adds at the same time from 3 completely different locations (AS, J, R).

Adds on malkorok 25h? Am i missing something, I killed that and I didn't see a single add °_°

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 am

OK, I'm sober and less pissed off now.

It's both a vengeance and snap threat issue.

First, the single target issue. I am unable to pull Garrosh off without a lucky string of DP and GC procs. I blame this entirely on my co-tank keeping Garrosh as primary target, thereby putting out 200k vengeance-boosted Death Strikes and melee strikes. I guess I just have to be absolutely clear to her that pulling threat off her while she does that isn't just hard, it's a grossly unreasonable expectation.

This is absolutely a vengeance issue. She just has to not dps the boss for a few seconds after I taunt.

Now, about the adds. Without vengeance, I can aggro one side of adds with a taunt-boosted AS, but the second side I have to sprint to, and get HotR, Prism, Holy Wrath and hope for a GC proc. Maybe I haven't lost the first set by then, maybe they're on the DPS, maybe they're on the other tank. Who knows? I loose whatever adds I manage to aggro anyway just as soon as they sit in DnD 2 seconds and get a BB on them. I've been acting as an add wrangler, usually, just gathering them up and letting her have them, giving her my HoS here and there.

This is a lack of snap threat, through and through. Vengeance helps, but even when I have some vengeance, she still needs to hold off those few seconds. On other fights and on trash, I've been able to reliably take and hold 1-3 adds off her. It takes a lot of target switching and taunting, but that I can do. 6 adds though, especially coming from opposite directions, that takes snap threat. That I don't have, vengeance or not. She just again has to hold off a few seconds and let me get them.

Until last night, we had been getting through phase 1 just fine. It's really only getting interrupts done in the last phase the has been giving us trouble, keeping us from our second kill. All other phases, our tanking is a non-issue.

I think taunting used to be Neutral Equilibrium, but now is Unstable. Taunt swaps are like passing a ball, except we're more pulling the ball from the other tank, so kinda Jedi-like, but let's not overstress the metaphor. Before vengeance, we could easily pull the ball to our self. Now we have the other tank's vengeance to overcome. The new boost to threat after a taunt helps, so it's not as bad as it was in ToT, but still, I think tanks (especially DKs and Monks) need to be aware that any given tank can't just take something off them, they have to give it up. This frustrates me, of course, but I don't know how to fix it.

What frustrates me even more, though, especially since I do know how to fix it, is over-eager DPS and an aggro-hog co-tank. I swear by the old rule: "If the healer gets aggro, it's the tank's fault, if the DPS gets aggro, it's their own fault." Our DPS need to wait a second to let me get adds from both sides of the room together and threat established. Like-wise, my co-tank is DPS as far as I am concerned, with respect to whatever I'm supposed to be tanking. So, when I taunt Garrosh, but she aggros back, that's her fault. She didn't switch to adds. When I gather up adds and she aggros them, that's her fault again. She didn't let me establish threat.

Bottom line, I feel like I'm having my hand slapped in my face while my co-tank and DPS say "Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
Last edited by Kal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Kal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:15 am

Worldie wrote:
Fetzie wrote:

Considering the cooldown on Keg Smash, I'd be amazed to see which group of add actually lives for that long.

Keg Smash can pull threat on single target too. Considering it's a Monk's primary chi builder, keeping it on cooldown is very high priority for them. Combine that with all the crit stacking they do, and you have a threat-hog. My Monk isn't even particularly well geared (531), and I have to be careful not to pull threat with Keg Smash, even up against 550 ilevel co-tanks.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

PreviousNext

Return to General