Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Light's Hammer is rebugged in 5.4 to generate no threat.
Darielle

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Darielle wrote:Light's Hammer is rebugged in 5.4 to generate no threat.

It seemed to cause Phase 2 empowered whirlwind adds on Garrosh to really like me.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Phase 2 empowered whirlwind adds cause PTSD.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Newsom » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Flex wrote:
Darielle wrote:Light's Hammer is rebugged in 5.4 to generate no threat.

It seemed to cause Phase 2 empowered whirlwind adds on Garrosh to really like me.

You know it does damage, too, right? You generally want to avoid AoE damage when those adds spawn.

If you're worried about threat from heals you could always click off Righteous Fury temporarily. I do that when I'm tanking Thok and don't want the bats on me, but still feel like dropping a hammer on them.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:24 pm

You know it does damage, too, right? You generally want to avoid AoE damage when those adds spawn.

To clarify,
Light's Hammmer has been rebroken since 5.4 to act like it did pre 5.2. The threat doesn't get attributed to the Paladin once again.

But yes, once you're in the Empowered Whirling part, there's basically no need whatsoever to have RF up. If your damage dealers are being smart and actually focusing their add down though, RF or no RF, you are not competing with burst single target damage killing adds within 3 seconds.
Darielle

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:50 am

How did you find that out? I'm pretty sure the damage component of Light's Hammer gives threat at least.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:13 am

Seembed to work fine for me in LFR, you sure about that?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby culhag » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 am

Flex wrote:Heals form tanks shouldn't produce threat. Oh, using Seal of Insight? Can't do that because shit'll run to you before the other tank can pick them up. Oh, want to use Light's Hammer to help heal the AoE damage? Can't do that all the spawning adds run right to you. It feels like I can't use half my abilities when they would best be used in certain fights because I am fighting to not over threat during add spawn points.

Just remove Righteous Fury if you're not supposed to pick up the adds. That's what I do.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 am

Just tried with a friend, it indeed generates 0 threat, BOTH the heal and the dmg.

Swapping back to holy prism until they fix it <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:47 am

The more you know.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:47 am

For being one of the most important things you ever do in life, buying a house is just about the worst thing I've undertaken. FU to mortgage companies. FU to realtors. This is just not fun.
Shoju

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Tell me about it. We nearly got soul-crushed when we met our usual banker and announced monthly payments for up to 1500 EUR. Luckily we found another bank that shaved a couple hundred a month.

Although they DID manage to fuck up and forget about 65k on the cheque they were supposed to bring this Wed for the official Act...

And all in all it's just a gigantic mess of papers and numbers left right and center that leave you profesionally dumbfounded as to what exactly you're paying for.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm

culhag wrote:
Flex wrote:Heals form tanks shouldn't produce threat. Oh, using Seal of Insight? Can't do that because shit'll run to you before the other tank can pick them up. Oh, want to use Light's Hammer to help heal the AoE damage? Can't do that all the spawning adds run right to you. It feels like I can't use half my abilities when they would best be used in certain fights because I am fighting to not over threat during add spawn points.

Just remove Righteous Fury if you're not supposed to pick up the adds. That's what I do.

It is still stupid. Garrosh has just been a series of pain in the ass bullshit annoyances where I've been fighting game mechanics more than the actual encounter. I basically have to unbind Consecrate for the fight and every so often every add from the empowered whirlwind will decide to love me no matter where they spawned.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Sagara wrote:Tell me about it. We nearly got soul-crushed when we met our usual banker and announced monthly payments for up to 1500 EUR. Luckily we found another bank that shaved a couple hundred a month.

Although they DID manage to fuck up and forget about 65k on the cheque they were supposed to bring this Wed for the official Act...

And all in all it's just a gigantic mess of papers and numbers left right and center that leave you profesionally dumbfounded as to what exactly you're paying for.

I make $592.41 too much to qualify for a grant from the government that assists first time home buyers, even though these guidelines are set up based on the following criteria.

Family of 1
Family of 2
Family of 3+

I have a family of 5. Wife, 3 kids, Me.

That's right. They expect that the amount of money that my wife and I make a year to give us the same asset pool as someone who is married with a child. What the fuck?

So, when we start going through everything, what we thought was going to be a 3.5% Down Payment is now turning into almost 8% Down Payment.

When I asked what happened, they said: "Don't you have someone in your family who can give you a gift of the difference?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Yes. Sure, I'm going to call my rich dead uncle up, and say hey uncle joe bob millionaire, how about you float me some cash!?

At this point, I'm highly doubting that I will even find a way to buy a home. The realtor wont show us a home unless we're pre-approved. I can't get a fucking straight answer if I'm pre-approved. I can't get the mortgage people to even quote me the same numbers in back to back e-mails / phone calls. And all the while, I'm trying to work, and get shit done, and I'm dealing with my wife, who is working and BLOWING UP MY GODDAMN PHONE ABOUT IT, and the mortgage person sending me a bajillion e-mails with questions, and the realtor sounded like a parrot who can only say:

Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet? Pre-approved yet?
Pre-approved yet?

And I have spent 2 mornings, 50 bucks, and who knows how much in fucking gas driving all over town, to get all the information that the fucking bank needed so that I can be bothered with all of this, just to maybe, possibly, look at buying a home.
Shoju

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

The is a horrible realisation that I'm glad my dad passed away so early that I've got some money to bring to bear. I'm no wealthy heir (he was a small-time teacher and athlete), but at least I don't show up empty-handed, which, at 30 is rare enough to elicit confidence from banks.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General