Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby theckhd » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am

Worldie wrote:im afraid the shop only happens to be 1 room :P

Days behind here, I know, but there are some pretty cheap solutions to the camera issue. You could do what I did with my BunnyCam, which is buy a cheap IP camera (ranging from $50 to $300 depending on what resolution/quality you want) and set it up to automatically trigger. Mine's a cheap $70 Foscam model that has motion detection and will e-mail me pictures whenever it detects motion. It's also remotely accessible and controllable via web/tablet/iPhone, though your internet might limit you somewhat with that.

I also use free software (iSpy) to record video whenever it detects motion, which is how I captured most of the videos on that youtube playlist. The software lets you automatically upload to YouTube if you want, though you could just have it save it on an external or network drive if your internet connection isn't great.

There are also some for-pay services that will automatically do all of that for you in the cloud. They're usually less than $100 a year. While I was looking into them, I stumbled across a story about how someone caught an intruder/theft with that sort of setup, and turned the footage over to the police, leading to the intruder's capture and conviction.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks for the pointers theck.

Now trying to deal with several wounds on my fingers that are hurting a lot :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:23 am

theckhd wrote: You could do what I did with my BunnyCam

I must know what happened in video 82. Bunny suicide?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nooska » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Bunny cam seems addicting! *shares link woth GF*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:24 pm

lythac wrote:
theckhd wrote: You could do what I did with my BunnyCam

I must know what happened in video 82. Bunny suicide?

There were one or two that I decided to re-cut because I noticed after the fact that I had strung things together out of order or some such. For some reason Youtube didn't always remove them from the playlist when I attempted to do so.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/01/13/america-has-a-disease/

and

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... conde-nast

Wow...

Translation: "I'm not saying I want another Sandy Hook massacre, but I really want another Sandy Hook massacre." Sick bastard.

In other gun related news (somewhat), Fox News is defending (or at least not condemning) a comment made by a contributor that Satanists should be rounded up and shot.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/13/f ... nned-down/
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 am

Yeah, righteous religious purging is exactly what makes America different from all those evil Talibans...

Oh.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:09 am

The fact that anyone takes anything Fox News says seriously let alone pays attention to them at all boggles my mind.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 am

Bit of background: My mother is re-married, and her husband has a daughter which has 2 boys herself, the eldest being 10.

I like the kid in general, but he actually, flat-out asked for GTA5 for his Holiday gift. I think I facepalmed right through my face when my mother admitted buying it and neither her, not the mother saw anything wrong with that.

Sagara

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Fetzie wrote:In other gun related news (somewhat), Fox News is defending (or at least not condemning) a comment made by a contributor that Satanists should be rounded up and shot.

So, I saw the Fox News bit, and immediately (mis)read Satanists as Scientists.

Whoops. :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Sagara wrote:Bit of background: My mother is re-married, and her husband has a daughter which has 2 boys herself, the eldest being 10.

I like the kid in general, but he actually, flat-out asked for GTA5 for his Holiday gift. I think I facepalmed right through my face when my mother admitted buying it and neither her, not the mother saw anything wrong with that.

I think I might be misunderstanding what you are saying, so please correct me wher eI'm wrong;

Boy of 10 asks (wishes?) for GTAV for xmas (or equivalet) present. Your mother (the kids step grandmother) bought said present for him.

The issue is?
(is this about rating? becaus earound here D3 for PS3 was apparently all the rage for my sons agegroup.. the 9 year olds, I boggled at first, then rethought and said to myself "hey, without as much blood, its actually tamer than evening news - especially when you don't understand what they are talking about and just use dit as a progressive beat'em'up")
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 am

Nooska wrote:I think I might be misunderstanding what you are saying, so please correct me wher eI'm wrong;

Boy of 10 asks (wishes?) for GTAV for xmas (or equivalet) present. Your mother (the kids step grandmother) bought said present for him.

The issue is?
(is this about rating? becaus earound here D3 for PS3 was apparently all the rage for my sons agegroup.. the 9 year olds, I boggled at first, then rethought and said to myself "hey, without as much blood, its actually tamer than evening news - especially when you don't understand what they are talking about and just use dit as a progressive beat'em'up")

You get the gist of it. Addentum is that having played the thing, even though it isn't *horrible* per se, it's still blunt enough to not be for everyone. I'd actually say Diablo 3 wouldn't be the perfect model to compare: I looked up the PEGI rating - 16+ with Realistic Violence warning. From memory, the game is fairly bloody and grim, but that's pretty much it: you see hurt/dead people + bad monsters = you apply gratuitous violence to Evil.

Just to help me discuss it, have you done a playthrough of GTA 5? (I haven't done any other, so I don't have a base of comparaison with other versions). If not, I'd suggest looking for Trevor's intro, the torture story, and the 'Fresh Meat' mission to get an idea of what they chose to show.

As an aside, I chuckled when I realized PEGI hadn't pegged the game for sex-related content. I actually wonder what is needed to get *that* warning.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:10 am

My point in favour of buying the game to the boy is, do videogames "really" have that much more violence than what he can just see on TV or on internet by himself?

Be honest.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 am

I dont think news are a skinner box.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General