Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Goddammit! My wacom is so old that is considered legacy now, and no actual working driver for windows 8 exists, thus rendering the pressure sensitive part inoperative. >.<

Have you tried the Windows 7 driver? Windows 8 usually accepts Windows 7 drivers.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeah, I was using the Windows 7 driver. Eventually found a different driver that somehow worked.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:54 pm

keep dying at 6% on garrosh =(
---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

2014 continues to yield people who are name-stupid.

My first name is Marlene. Pronounced mar-lay-na (the E sounds like an AY, thanks Mom). That's how I say it.

"Can you spell that for me?"
"M-A-R-L-E-N-E."
"M-A-R-O-E-N-E."

How the fuck does someone get an O out of Marlene? (There's a whole separate complaint about how people get Tiffany out of that.)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 pm

M for "mega-dumb"
A for "amazingly incompetent"
R for "retard"
L for "lexically challenged"
E for "even dumber than a banana"
N for "nincompoop"
E for "even dumber than a banana"

:D

Not quite Army Phonetics, but it works nonetheless.

My frustration: I managed to catch a cold the day before New Year's Eve.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Oh man, but then they'd think I'm referring to myself that way, instead of them. :lol:

As it is, right now I just get annoyed and repeat it very slowly. Then they understand.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:19 am

My useless coworker has already taken a sick day (sick days reset at the beginning of the year). It's January THIRD. COME ON.

Every year I vow to keep track of how many days she calls in sick... this year I'm actually doing it. (We have a limit of 8 for the year.) This should be interesting.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

A frustration that I find rather amusing (and made my evening).

I'm having problems with my phone at work. It's run by buggy glitchy awful software on my computer. My problem is that I can't make outbound calls without getting the "fast busy signal." Well, I can after 3-10 minutes of attempting. Same problem with internal phone transfers.

So I emailed our software support team. "Hey, yeah, I can't make outbound calls."

Their response: "Sorry, we don't handle that, call the hardware team at <this number> and choose option 2."

I'm mightily resisting the urge to email back a reply, "sure, I can do that when you can tell me how I'm supposed to do that. Shall I use someone else's phone, or my mobile?"

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Nikachelle wrote:My useless coworker has already taken a sick day (sick days reset at the beginning of the year). It's January THIRD. COME ON.

Every year I vow to keep track of how many days she calls in sick... this year I'm actually doing it. (We have a limit of 8 for the year.) This should be interesting.

Be glad you get sick days, at least =/
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Nikachelle wrote:My useless coworker has already taken a sick day (sick days reset at the beginning of the year). It's January THIRD. COME ON.

Maybe she's actually sick? :p
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Jabari » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Question:

Friend of mine was about to get into a raid as a PuG - they asked him to install Teamspeak.

He went to install it, and the setup program absolutely completely bricked his Mac. It won't even boot now - it powers up to a plain gray screen.

Anyone heard of this or have any ideas on things to try? I know nothing about Macs so I'm pretty useless for helping him.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 am

What if his mac cache (or w/e the name is) got corrupted?

has he tried http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_doesn%27t_boot ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:40 am

you have predesignated sick days?!?

How does that work if you don't have them? Get the flu, so you come to work (do poorly due to being sick) and infect everyone else? how is that profitable for a company?

(Around here we have whats called "The Functionary Law", which, due to EU regulations, covers any employee.
It states that to be laid off due to too much sickness, you have to have more than 120 sick days within the running 12 months, and that you cannot count sick days that stem from accidents or injuries sustained during work.

Sure, its not all jobs you get payed during sick days (but any job with a salary, rather than hours you do, and being payed by hours is not very common anymore (it generally costs the empoyer more in both administration, and in overtime, as overtime is doneone a weekly basis rather than running 3 weeks which is the case when on salary)

Being on contract instead of salary is a different thing ofc, but usually if you are under contract, you are high enough in the hierarchy that you don't take sick days as such, you just do the work at another time (since there is usually few if any others to pick up the slack at that level).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 am

And some asshole decided that Sunday was "Cut mouse, telephone, headset and network cables" day!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:00 am

Sagara wrote:And some asshole decided that Sunday was "Cut mouse, telephone, headset and network cables" day!

what? why!?
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General