Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I think my main point is that this is why I would probably not fit at all in a heroic raid/guild -- Me and my buddies are too lax and are more about the social aspect (ie, having fun) than fidgeting about raid comp.

Perhaps why I raise an eyebrow at this is because he wants to continue fulfilling the same type of role (tank) although with a different toon. True, there would be a setback in having to regear that toon, but if if the big stink is about raid comp, rather than raid role, well... didn't Blizz said it should be about bringing the player, not the toon. *Yeah, being a bit facetious here*

Newsom's in a hardcore progress oriented raiding guild iirc. I seem to recall Apex often floating around in world top 10-20, sometimes higher, though I've not been following the raiding scene in the last couple of tiers. So his situation is not comparable to even most guilds that manage to fully clear raids on heroic before the next tier comes out; let alone guilds who don't aim for that level of progression.

Optimising gear acquisition and distribution is a significant issue in the first few weeks of any tier for those who treat progression as a competition. Every item that gets disenchanted or goes to someone's rarely used off-spec because you're lacking a primary user for it is a waste that costs your raid performance, and the more competitively you play, the more gaming drop probabilities is a consideration.

And tanks are not all equal for all things. Diversity is almost always better - more options are almost always good. Going from two different tanks to two of the same tank, regardless of the classes, will almost always hamstring performance at the bleeding edge, unless a particular raid tier is designed and balanced exceptionally poorly.

Remember that fun is not objective, and your play style is not the only way to have fun while raiding. I'm sure Newson gets a great deal of enjoyment from raiding in his environment a lot of the time.
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I did say I was being facetious
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:02 am

Klaudandus wrote:I did say I was being facetious

I couldn't honestly tell this time around, although I guess I should have expected that.
Put your [facetious] banners in your posts dammit!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Jabari » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:43 am

So that was a fun day in-game. :(

- 5 characters for Celestials and Ordos. No drops. Used a couple of coins too.

- 2 chars through Flex 1, both still need both caster trinkets (dps bindings, healer prison). Nothing. Didn't get a single drop at all, actually.

- Then the really fun part. Someone puts in trade "Need one DPS for SoO, doing first 6 heroic. 550+, know fights, etc." My shaman is good enough for that, so I jump in. We wipe a couple times on Immerseus (someone lagged out and got Swirled, someone spaced out and got too many stacks, stuff like that), but got it cleanly after that. Bindings drops. Both other caster DPS already have it, so I roll need, and get outrolled by the Resto Druid (for offset), and they all say that it's kosher. After that, I get a whisper that their last core person (who had told them he couldn't make it) had logged on and was it ok if they brought him in.

So now not only did I get gypped out of a great trinket (IMO), I'm now locked and can't run my shaman on normal either this week. Wonderful. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Newsom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:04 am

Thanks for that spot on post Rhiannon.

But yeah. I talked to the GM about it and while he somewhat agreed that it's not ideal to have 2 of the same tank, he also pointed out that it's a loooong way still until the expansion and it doesn't matter one bit what people play during end of expansion farm. I'll worry about it when we're closer to release. A lot can happen until then.
NewsomNewsSpoonNewsy
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:10 am

Sagara wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I did say I was being facetious

I couldn't honestly tell this time around, although I guess I should have expected that.
Put your [facetious] banners in your posts dammit!

It's right there! At the end! =O
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:29 pm

How appropriately named this achievement is titled: [Going To Need A Bigger Bag]

Oh I'm gonna need a bigger bag alright. A bigger bag to carry to bodies of whatever idiot devs decided this shouldn't be account-wide and be based around rares that have a nonexistent drop rate provided you can even get to them before someone sneezes on them and they die. >:|
Teranoid

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for that spot on post Rhiannon.

But yeah. I talked to the GM about it and while he somewhat agreed that it's not ideal to have 2 of the same tank, he also pointed out that it's a loooong way still until the expansion and it doesn't matter one bit what people play during end of expansion farm. I'll worry about it when we're closer to release. A lot can happen until then.

Plus for all you know, he'll change his mind based on what happens in the Beta anyway, not to mention your other Plate tank might quit, you might find yourself disgusted with Paladins, and half your raid might shuffle around anyway resulting in more or less Leather/Plate users.

4:23pm on a Friday, I'm out of here.
Darielle

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:00 am

Newsom wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:because you play what is fun? *shocking*

Well, we most likely can't both play the same thing. I don't have the energy to fight for my spot at the moment. Plus it means we have to go recruit a brewmaster regardless... dick move in my book. We recruited him specifically to play brewmaster.

No reason you can't use two prot paladins. We do it. Admittedly, we don't clear content as quickly as you do either, but we only raid 2 days a week.

Rhiannon's point about loot distribution is a good one, though. In a top 50 guild you're definitely shooting yourself in the foot to run two paladin tanks.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 am

Well with new itemization in 6.0, does it really make a difference if you have 2 palas, or 2 between pala-war-dk tanks?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

Worldie wrote:Well with new itemization in 6.0, does it really make a difference if you have 2 palas, or 2 between pala-war-dk tanks?

From an itemization standpoint no. Arguably it isn't much different from now if you don't have any strength DPS. It's more the versatility that you gain by having two different tanks with different mechanics. There are relatively few fights where 2 paladins really break the encounter. There are far more where not having a different tanking class's ability would be a hindrance.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 pm

a bunch of IRL crap piled up on me, and something pushed it over the edge last night in raid..

i probably have a few bridges to try and rebuild now

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:39 am

theckhd wrote:
Worldie wrote:Well with new itemization in 6.0, does it really make a difference if you have 2 palas, or 2 between pala-war-dk tanks?

From an itemization standpoint no. Arguably it isn't much different from now if you don't have any strength DPS. It's more the versatility that you gain by having two different tanks with different mechanics. There are relatively few fights where 2 paladins really break the encounter. There are far more where not having a different tanking class's ability would be a hindrance.

Yep - gear is not the issue; in fact we have way more agility leather users than strength users so having all tanks on that would actually make it easier to gear up (overall). We'll share jewelry regardless.

But yeah... not having a monk will most likely suck. Adding a 4th tank would also suck, because 1 more to gear and ~2 people sitting out all the time.
NewsomNewsSpoonNewsy
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:11 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Just woke up from a terrible nightmare, and it sucked the living joy out of me...
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General