Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:51 am

dual weilding blood dk.....*twitch*

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 am

Using the 450 BoA weapons that you find in the world. One was the Blade of the Prime, the other was the other one handed sword whose name escapes me...

Also, Sigil of Patience (429 trinket), and Watermelon Bomb (399 trinket).

I trust it's clear why we chose to just leave.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Monk co-tank wants to reroll paladin. I really don't see the point of having 3 plate tanks, of which 2 are paladins. -.-
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:14 pm

because you play what is fun? *shocking*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Klaudandus wrote:because you play what is fun? *shocking*

Well, we most likely can't both play the same thing. I don't have the energy to fight for my spot at the moment. Plus it means we have to go recruit a brewmaster regardless... dick move in my book. We recruited him specifically to play brewmaster.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Honestly, that's what alt raids are for - playing fun alts. If you're going for high ranks, you have to accept a little compromise in your fun (like you already do with fixed playtimes, preparation time, study time and whatnot). Most serious guilds have a couple of nights of breathers that often include alt raids for silly fun.

As a player, I wouldn't have dreamt of maining another toon without at least a major patch in the coming weeks/months (and only switch at that specific point), and a very long discussion with the raid team. They're counting not only on me as a player, but on my toon, his gear and abilities. I got like to be taken as Paladin in a guild with another Pally tank, but that's because the Offs accepted the compromise, and the other Pally was completely kosher with it.

As a GM/RL, I had always been clear that I frowned (but did not outright refuse) main switching mid-patch, because even if we were casuals, one player having his way could mean no raids for -anyone- for weeks, screwing 9 extra people for the sake of one.

Seriously, it's a dick move. Less so than had he decided to go, say, Warlock, but definitly more so than admitting he didn't have fun on his Brewmaster, and ask for opportunities, and if none were available, bow out of the Heroic raiding. There's a nuance between "not having fun and finding solutions" and "being a dick and having one's way at the expense of the rest of the raid/guild".
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Well, if he can no longer fulfill his commitment to be a Brewmaster, then you can no longer fulfill your commitment to provide him a guaranteed raid spot...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

That seams like a reasonable solution. =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Amirya wrote:Well, if he can no longer fulfill his commitment to be a Brewmaster, then you can no longer fulfill your commitment to provide him a guaranteed raid spot...

Well, if he can no longer fulfil his commitment to bring the kegs, then you can no longer fulfil your commitment to provide him a guaranteed invite to the party.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm

That actually opens an interesting debate:

It's fairly obvious to all of us that we want to have fun when playing (WoW or otherwise). Still we accept non-fun rules and limitations (or don't, as our Brewmaster has proven).

Going on a limb, it's also basically what stops us from being constant proof of the G.I.F.T. theory - we choose to stifle our base instincts and "play nice", but why is that?

Is this linked to an idea of obsequience to a greater power? Because a team of players can take the ball away from us? Or is there a deeper point to be made that we realize we need to compromise and accept the natural paradox of "less fun to have more fun".

Sorry, late night and no hearthstone just supercharged my philosophical side :oops:

Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:13 pm

I think my main point is that this is why I would probably not fit at all in a heroic raid/guild -- Me and my buddies are too lax and are more about the social aspect (ie, having fun) than fidgeting about raid comp.

Perhaps why I raise an eyebrow at this is because he wants to continue fulfilling the same type of role (tank) although with a different toon. True, there would be a setback in having to regear that toon, but if if the big stink is about raid comp, rather than raid role, well... didn't Blizz said it should be about bringing the player, not the toon. *Yeah, being a bit facetious here*

As for the whole philosophical thing about the Social Contract, well... let's say I can do whatever I want, and I take a 2x4 and hit someone over the head and steal their wallet, but it also means someone could do that and worse to me -- hence why we kind of restrain ourselves in our daily lives just so we can go on about our business.

I think the problem is that some people attribute this "social contract" to religion; that without it, we would not be able to be social, that if you're an atheist, there is no way you could be moral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaGqVbAzjng -- Hitchens on Morality
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Seems some people haven't even read their basics on Nietsche. Sur, the guy was a massive dick, but he made serIous points as to why humans aren't necessarily assholes when set free.

Wait.did you just drag me in one of your political thingies??

Back to wow then! I think you're overdoing it a bit - many serious guilds are not quite as harsh, while other are probably even harsher (I can imagine some guilds push to have specific rerolls available for class stacking). Another assinine thing is the guy went from Leather to Plate and changing Token type, meanong even more gearing headache for the leadership.

I guess you need to have led a team for a bit to realize how annoying it can be to make something work out of 9 cats meowing between your legs for the tasty, tasty cat food of Loot.

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:36 pm

To answer Sag's question, (for myself), I think it also has to do with teh commintment we generally make when applying to / joining a raid / guild - we want to be treated well, so we, in general, treat the others well.

As to switching, sure, its been done, and I've experienced it quite a few times, but I've never seen an issue arise, because the people wanting to swith usually started by saying so and bringing their alt (to be main) to runs where it was immediately possible to bring it (be that farmyfarm runs or alt runs or whatever) to gear up. Everyone also accepted (generally) that on those runs, the to-be-main had a slight priority on goods that would help the raid when it was the main.
Add to that that we have generally had officers who have been willing to switch roles and classes (not just specs) to suit the raids needs (and not just officers, reg members too).

I have been on the other end once - in Cata, when I got sick and tired of being a hunter in T11 (I felt I didn't provide enough dps, and that the roles I could fill were gimmicks that actually screwed the raid over when I wasn't there - like pet tanking the skeletions on nefarian in P1 - it worked like a charm, but the raid was stuck on P1 when I wasn't there).
I asked to start playing Mooska for heals (Chimaeron was obvious for an extra healer) - this being T11, I just made sure to be preraid equipped and it was the same (gearwise) as if we had a new recruited healer.
Ended up tanking a bit on the side, and when FL rolled around I had retired from the raid - partly due to being denied switching to tank or healer (they didn't want to loose me on hunter I was told) and partly because - fed up with char means I'm not enjoying the raiding and not providing my best. New tier rolled around and I was retired - raid team lost a tank, and I offered to tank for the team till they aquired a new tank that could take over (fast forward to heroic T13 where we ended at.. 6/8 (I missed the kill of Warmaster, sadly) and still hadn't gotten another reliable tank.

Sometimes I think if only I had stayed tank we would have had it so much easier in T14 - but being unable to come at least 3 raids per month (with 3 raids per week) was too much, as I was going to be (co)raid leading - so I went back to DPS...
(Talking about it, I'm thinking about dusting off Mooska, who is still in Org, still in her T13 (partly heroic), Tmogged to T1+Blackguard and Force Reactive disk...)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 pm

I think "fun" is a very malleable term. I, for one, seriously did have fun as a GM/RL of heroic progression, going through logs and fidgeting with both class/spec distributions, loot optimisations, graphs and tables and numbers and numbers and numbers. I also find mathematics fun. Not just fancy physics, astronomy, chemistry and the other things with bells and whistles, but also pure mathematics and all the implications its existence and functionality brings with it. Fun is a deceivingly complicated term, not to mention about as individual as individual gets! :lol:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Teranoid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:22 pm

When I got tired of my shaman I just stopped raiding entirely.

If I'm not going to fill the role of what I signed up for I'm not going to upset the balance of the group by demanding they let me play something else.

Then again I'm not selfish and really don't care about loot when its the end of an expansion and in months will be rendered ultimately useless :D
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General