Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Skwigelf wrote:Hanging around on the Timeless Isle, minding my own business when Theck and his band of cronies come around and start ganking people around the Celestial Square while staying just far enough away to avoid drawing guard aggro.

Well, technically it was the Shaman with 600k HP(!? Since when did casters need that much HP?)that was doing all the ganking while Theck was probably alt-tabbed calculating their odds of victory(The number was pretty high).

Unfortunately for Theck's Shaman buddy, I killed him/her with my ultimate attack and departed the Island.

Guess I can just hang around doing nothing in the Shrine instead.

I like to kite those people to the area with the Ordos priests, and then stun them in front of the fiery cleaves. They lose their buff, and get a repair bill.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Don't you have to be flagged on the Isle to be attacked by those people? And if you do, and you are, shouldn't you expect to be attacked?

(Or maybe I just have an incredibly nice server...)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Amirya wrote:Don't you have to be flagged on the Isle to be attacked by those people? And if you do, and you are, shouldn't you expect to be attacked?

you do, and i agree..on both accounts...

i have been ganked WAY more on terenas than i ever was on SC (but iirc SC is balanced faction wise, where as terenas is fairly heavily alliance favored)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Fetzie wrote:I like to kite those people to the area with the Ordos priests, and then stun them in front of the fiery cleaves. They lose their buff, and get a repair bill.

Did something change? I remember the moment you're flagged into pvp combat, you don't take dur loss from dying to a mob.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Very annoyed by the fact that it's impossible to have a shared gear for Holy or Disc.

Spirit heavy gear for Holy? Can't get below 99% mana as disc.

Crit or Mastery heavy gear for Disc? Holy does shit HPS in order to not run oom, or does strong HPS but runs oom within 3 minutes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Amirya wrote:Don't you have to be flagged on the Isle to be attacked by those people? And if you do, and you are, shouldn't you expect to be attacked?

Yes and it's Tichondrius so we're always flagged. But I'm still always terrible at PvP, so I tend to either run away or let them kill me.

I was posting out of mock frustration, but mainly because it was a Theck sighting.
Skwigelf

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Fetzie wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:So... I re-upped my account for 30 days (not the frustration.)

My frustration: learning that there are random items throughout the Isle of Thunder that use up those blue collection items (I forget the name, but Taran Zhu wants you to collect 3 for a quest) to summon a boss of some sort. This wouldn't have been a frustration if it didn't just do so automatically by you clicking on it and warned you that you were about to use up the items... instead of completing Taran's quest... I'm now down 3 of those items and up 1 death...

Isle of Thunder

That's your problem. Go to the Timeless Isle.

I re-upped to experience the content I haven't experienced... this includes Isle of Thunder. So telling me to skip it and move on is pointless.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 am

Skwigelf wrote:

Yes and it's Tichondrius so we're always flagged. But I'm still always terrible at PvP, so I tend to either run away or let them kill me.

I was posting out of mock frustration, but mainly because it was a Theck sighting.

So shouldn't your frustration have been that you didn't kill Theck before heading to safety?

Or did you...? :mrgreen:

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:40 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Fetzie wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:So... I re-upped my account for 30 days (not the frustration.)

My frustration: learning that there are random items throughout the Isle of Thunder that use up those blue collection items (I forget the name, but Taran Zhu wants you to collect 3 for a quest) to summon a boss of some sort. This wouldn't have been a frustration if it didn't just do so automatically by you clicking on it and warned you that you were about to use up the items... instead of completing Taran's quest... I'm now down 3 of those items and up 1 death...

Isle of Thunder

That's your problem. Go to the Timeless Isle.

I re-upped to experience the content I haven't experienced... this includes Isle of Thunder. So telling me to skip it and move on is pointless.

so come back when you have the gear readily available so you can expirience it easier?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:46 am

Skwigelf wrote:Well, technically it was the Shaman with 600k HP(!? Since when did casters need that much HP?)that was doing all the ganking while Theck was probably alt-tabbed calculating their odds of victory(The number was pretty high).

It's just stamina on gear btw, in T16ish gear you easily reach 600k hp unbuffed (I run 580k ub myself in ToT hc gear actually on my priest)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 am

I've cracked open my monitor, and during inspection, I found out several blown caps in the power board, so I decided to just buy the board for 20 dollars, should get here by wednesday
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:55 am

bldavis wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I re-upped to experience the content I haven't experienced... this includes Isle of Thunder. So telling me to skip it and move on is pointless.

so come back when you have the gear readily available so you can expirience it easier?

It isn't hard... with exception to the previous gripe, in which more gear wouldn't help. I'm pretty sure the mini-bosses aren't soloable by a priest.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:28 am

no not really

bldavis

Postby Fetzie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:42 am

Skye1013 wrote:
bldavis wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I re-upped to experience the content I haven't experienced... this includes Isle of Thunder. So telling me to skip it and move on is pointless.

It isn't hard... with exception to the previous gripe, in which more gear wouldn't help. I'm pretty sure the mini-bosses aren't soloable by a priest.

When they came out, and people were running around in 490-510 gear, they were 4-5 man group content.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Skwigelf wrote:Yes and it's Tichondrius so we're always flagged. But I'm still always terrible at PvP, so I tend to either run away or let them kill me.

I thought I recognized that name.

Yeah, Xidri (the mage) was finishing up his 10k coins achievement, so I joined the group to help. Given the number of times horde has blatantly ganked me while AFK at the Celestial Court, I don't feel too bad about it.

If it helps, we were generally not re-ganking anyone with the debuff unless they tried to keep tunneling us (and weren't killing Alliance at all). And Xidri got his achievement, so we probably won't be doing it again. I'm not sure I have the patience to farm the 500(?) coins for the mushan mount.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General