Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 am

Teranoid wrote:Was so much fun losing 2 surefire kills on Blackfuse due to the pipes fucking up.

DK jumps in.. gets thrown out with the debuff 2 seconds later.
I die on the belt and try and ankh.. get lagged out and killed again. Hunter pets are fucked up on it.. it's just a fucking broken.

Not to mention for some reason I have to save Ascendance just to kill the shit. But it's cool my super duper 10% LB buff tonight will obviously solve that issue. :roll:

Eww, ick. :(

My group is still behind you - we got Thok down to 1-2% like 3 different times last night but couldn't quite finish it off. Oh well, we fairly flew through the first 7 this week so we'll get back at it again soon enough.

More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.
(Our DK and holy paladin are pretty well decked-out now, though *laugh*)

KysenMurrin wrote:LFR is always godawful on a new tier, before enough people know the general strategy and before any nerfs.

I'm not sure that knowing the general strategy would help the people doing (not kidding) 40k DPS on Sha of Pride... Lots of people. *sigh*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14 am

Jabari wrote:More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.

We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Jabari wrote:More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.

We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You don't have a LW or tailor who can use those for the extra CD for the crafted gear?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You don't have a LW or tailor who can use those for the extra CD for the crafted gear?

You know, that's what's a little ... unfortunate about those things (and Haunting Spirits and such). The groups that actually get them really don't need them at all - they get drops to equip everyone. :/ The groups that need them (i.e., the 3/12 normal ToT groups) don't get them, or not enough to matter.

And Tera - we'd certainly have that many too if we DE-ed all the DPS plate instead of giving it to the DK-tank for offset (that's not used in raiding at all). *shrug*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby cdan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 pm

The Haunting Spirit and now Spirit of War paradox is just further proof, if any were needed anymore, that Blizzard decision makers are the most active trolls on the entire Interweb.

As is the excuse I got today from an actual real-life Blizzard Prod Support person about why regional transfers are impossible - "The server farms for the US and UK are in different data centres".
cdan

Postby Andurin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:22 pm

cdan wrote:As is the excuse I got today from an actual real-life Blizzard Prod Support person about why regional transfers are impossible - "The server farms for the US and UK are in different data centres".

Oh wow.. Now it would surely be impossible to tranfer them through the internet? Would it? Its not like the entire game is based around that... Oh wait...
Andurin

Postby Teranoid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You know, that's what's a little ... unfortunate about those things (and Haunting Spirits and such). The groups that actually get them really don't need them at all - they get drops to equip everyone. :/ The groups that need them (i.e., the 3/12 normal ToT groups) don't get them, or not enough to matter.

And Tera - we'd certainly have that many too if we DE-ed all the DPS plate instead of giving it to the DK-tank for offset (that's not used in raiding at all). *shrug*

Same thing happens with agi mail once our hunter has it. I get it even though I think I've spent like 5 hours this expansion playing Enhance.

And yeah right now the only thing I'd even make is the caster belt so right now its which comes first: Belt off Spoils or I learn the recipe and have enough hides to make it.
Teranoid

Postby Arjuna » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:13 am

So I guess there is a 1½ hour queue on Silvermoon(EU) today...

I just recently got back into the game and it's already annoying with all the stuff I have missed in MoP and what rep to farm where and such...but seriously, queues? I haven't had queues since vanilla! :P
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:03 pm

So I apparently suddenly started sucking at being a hunter when 5.4 released. It's not so much an aggro issue with the turtle, it's infrequent enough I can usually feign death. However, the turtle is getting stomped by the elites. Like, 2 hits with the turtle shell and mend pet, it's dead; if I use the pet version of last stand, it's 3 hits.

It's really bad with the foreboding flames, it's 2 hits, regardless.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Gotta send my 3 month old laptop in for repair with Asus since something is broken and I can't fix it myself.. Techsupport provided an url to the RMA website. Doesn't work. And the website is such a freaking maze that I cant find the correct url myself aswell -.-
Andurin

Postby Nooska » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 am

Amirya wrote:So I apparently suddenly started sucking at being a hunter when 5.4 released. It's not so much an aggro issue with the turtle, it's infrequent enough I can usually feign death. However, the turtle is getting stomped by the elites. Like, 2 hits with the turtle shell and mend pet, it's dead; if I use the pet version of last stand, it's 3 hits.

It's really bad with the foreboding flames, it's 2 hits, regardless.

Which elites are we talking about?
(Can't remember foreboding flames off the top of my head).
I remember gulp frogs being a particularly nasy surprise (seeing as we don't see their toxin and the pet insta dies when it reaches 10 stacks)
The death adders are easy enough with spirit bond + mend pet.
The rest is just a matter of moving yourself out of the way of telegraphed attacks - the pet should automove to the rear of them.
(In other words, I didn't notice anything but the gulp frogs being annoying - and again, not sure about the foreboding flames)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Amirya » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 am

Foreboding Flames are the little blue fire elementals in the cave just north of the Celestial Court. You need to click on the blue bonfires for a 50% fire damage reduction/resistance.

Those are my particular pet peeve; I can handle the animal elites (snakes and oxen and birds and tigers, oh my), and probably can handle the yaungol (I haven't gone fighting up that way really), but the flames are hell. My roommate uses a direhorn instead of a turtle, and apparently, it's just as bad. (Also, I'm survival and he's beast master.)

On a happy note, my warlock who just hit 90 last night can break out her voidlord and tank them juuuuust fine. :|
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 am

Well they're high damage nukes not AoEs so a pet will take significant damage from them.

Check your spell book for Interrupting Shot or whatever. Hunters got a baseline interrupt in 5.4 so use it when needed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 am

Flex wrote:Well they're high damage nukes not AoEs so a pet will take significant damage from them.

Check your spell book for Interrupting Shot or whatever. Hunters got a baseline interrupt in 5.4 so use it when needed.

silencing shot was REMOVED from being baseline in 5.4 and is only available to marksmen now, but you can spec into intimidate for a stun
oh and the snakes do a high damage nuke as well, its only the rams and such that have an aoe attack

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 am

bldavis wrote:
Flex wrote:Well they're high damage nukes not AoEs so a pet will take significant damage from them.

silencing shot was REMOVED from being baseline in 5.4 and is only available to marksmen now, but you can spec into intimidate for a stun
oh and the snakes do a high damage nuke as well, its only the rams and such that have an aoe attack

Counter Shot: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=147362
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General