Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby cdan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

I was about to scream at Blizzard about this on my priest until I realised I hadn't equipped my offhand. An empty slot is counted as ilvl 0 (not the shirt or tabard slot obviously).

Do you have both weapons / sword and board equipped? Any empty slots?
cdan

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:24 am

Negative, her only empty slot is a tabard. I even went combing through her bags and bank to make sure I hadn't stashed something somewhere.

I figure Blizzard, at this point, is just trolling me through her. I couldn't get the caster trinket to drop for my mage at all, just constant stamstamstamstam. Fine, I'll just go get that for my DK and warrior. DK gets it first go round. Warrior? Caster, healer, caster, melee/ranged, healer, caster, dodge (yoink), caster, melee/ranged, caster, healer, healer, stamina. Ugh.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby cdan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 am

Unless the armoury has you down as fury and is looking for two weapons I am out of inspiration. Sorry.

Blizzard have been trolling everybody lately though. That "interruption" over the weekend was just hilarious. For those of us who only have small windows of playing time a seven hour, unexplained problem makes the QQ rage rain like useless cloak tokens on the timeless isle.
cdan

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

Have you worked out the average yourself to check that it's actually wrong? It only takes a couple low slots to drag the average down.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:23 pm

cdan wrote:<...> useless cloak tokens on the timeless isle.

Are you kidding? Cloak tokens are awesome!

(Send to Enchanter, get 1+ Sha Crystals for each one. Up to like 90 Sha Crystals now, and I only have one enchanter so I can only otherwise get Crystals for Cloth tokens, not any of the others.)

Frustration: Wow, LFR has gotten bad. Really, really bad. Bad, bad, bad bad. Even ToT LFR is bad (well, the first two - Halls and Pinnacle tend to be ok, as it's mostly alts looking for Titan Runestones I think.)

Nuroshen is horrible, I think I've averaged about 4 derp-stacks on kills there, and that's for the groups that don't just totally fall apart (which has happened multiple times). Seen multiple wipes on Protectors as well - mostly people running away with Inferno Strike, but had a memorable wipe where we got all 3 Desperate Measures at the same time. Sha is usually a constant 2-wipes, and people simply can't move out of Self-Reflection (yay for 4 people getting 20 pride each on the first one).
Sad that my horrible ilvl 500 warlock was top-2 dps in there - I barely know how to play the thing. :/
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Flex will basically make LFR a relic in the coming year or two. The ilevel is low enough and the legendary chain is complete leading progression raiders to not bother with LFR and even if they would run something outside of their normal raids they're doing flex where they can do a relaxed difficulty run without dealing with the idiocy and toxicity of being stuck with 5 people who have a clue and 20 people arguing over who did more dps on trash, troll pulling bosses, or afking the entire time and get even better loot. You can put whatever spin you want on it but part of LFR's success was Blizzard banking on "actual raiders" participating via set bonuses/trinks/etc. Now that there is almost no reason to go they're basically on their own to a certain point.

Flex won't kill LFR. LFR's notorious reputation for stupidity along with the flex difficulty will kill it.

in b4 "lol ur just eleetest"
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

LFR is failing also because of the Timeless gear. You can get up to 10 slots filled with 543 gear once you valor upgrade it all, which, other than trinkets and set bonuses, is better than what you can get from LFR. Who has time to LFR when you are out grinding for coins?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:01 pm

halabar wrote:LFR is failing also because of the Timeless gear. You can get up to 10 slots filled with 543 gear once you valor upgrade it all, which, other than trinkets and set bonuses, is better than what you can get from LFR. Who has time to LFR when you are out grinding for coins?

who is honestly going to spend THAT much time grinding out coins being every burden is 50k each...

i have to agree, LFR is on its last legs now..i am guessing it will be for gearing up at the start of the new xpack just to help get out of heroic gear, but then once we are raiding and have raid gear, most of us will just do flex for the new teirs

unless ofc they do a similar thing as the cloaks for legendaries next xpack and make LFR almost mandatory for maximizing your drop chances

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... d-landing/

Fine, we always knew it was a load of bullcrap. If it really was dangerous there is no way in hell they'd let you put electronic devices in the carry-on bag. But the minute they allow phone calls during flights I'm taking the train because everybody on the damn plane is going to be shouting into their phone like a lunatic about how they're using their phone to call people on an aeroplane.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Was so much fun losing 2 surefire kills on Blackfuse due to the pipes fucking up.

DK jumps in.. gets thrown out with the debuff 2 seconds later.
I die on the belt and try and ankh.. get lagged out and killed again. Hunter pets are fucked up on it.. it's just a fucking broken.

Not to mention for some reason I have to save Ascendance just to kill the shit. But it's cool my super duper 10% LB buff tonight will obviously solve that issue. :roll:
Teranoid

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Have you worked out the average yourself to check that it's actually wrong? It only takes a couple low slots to drag the average down.

I found out the problem. My Lionheart Blade, Reborn is apparently a higher ilvl than my Ook's Hozen Slicer and Masterwork Spiritguard Shield. Though, they're both 463.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:09 am

Jabari wrote:Frustration: Wow, LFR has gotten bad. Really, really bad. Bad, bad, bad bad. Even ToT LFR is bad (well, the first two - Halls and Pinnacle tend to be ok, as it's mostly alts looking for Titan Runestones I think.)

LFR is always godawful on a new tier, before enough people know the general strategy and before any nerfs.
KysenMurrin

Postby Xfighter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:27 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Jabari wrote:Frustration: Wow, LFR has gotten bad. Really, really bad. Bad, bad, bad bad. Even ToT LFR is bad (well, the first two - Halls and Pinnacle tend to be ok, as it's mostly alts looking for Titan Runestones I think.)

LFR is always godawful on a new tier, before enough people know the general strategy and before any nerfs.

ToT LFRs have gone to the toilet since the patch, as all the people who didn't have ilvl for ToT as current content, got it first day on isle, and now when you queue up, you have half the groups having no idea what to do.

Durumu tonight, someone asked how many didn't know the fight, and literally 15 people said that they didn't. First maze, a record 16 people died. We proceeded to wipe to 200k to the enrage.

Overall, I feel like Flex is where its at now, at least until people learn SoO LFRs and re-learn ToT ones.
Xfighter

Postby lythac » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:37 am

Amirya wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Have you worked out the average yourself to check that it's actually wrong? It only takes a couple low slots to drag the average down.

I found out the problem. My Lionheart Blade, Reborn is apparently a higher ilvl than my Ook's Hozen Slicer and Masterwork Spiritguard Shield. Though, they're both 463.

It isn't higher ilvl, just using 2 items that are lower than your average ilvl (of 16 items) gives a lower result than only 1 item lower than your average (of 15 items).

496*14 + 463*2 / 16 = 491.875
496*14 + 463*1 / 15 = 493.8
Lythac / Ryshad of Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 am

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:LFR is failing also because of the Timeless gear. You can get up to 10 slots filled with 543 gear once you valor upgrade it all, which, other than trinkets and set bonuses, is better than what you can get from LFR. Who has time to LFR when you are out grinding for coins?

who is honestly going to spend THAT much time grinding out coins being every burden is 50k each...

i have to agree, LFR is on its last legs now..i am guessing it will be for gearing up at the start of the new xpack just to help get out of heroic gear, but then once we are raiding and have raid gear, most of us will just do flex for the new teirs

unless ofc they do a similar thing as the cloaks for legendaries next xpack and make LFR almost mandatory for maximizing your drop chances

Who buys burdens for 50k coins? I've seen them for sale for as little as 1k, and once you get 50k or so of coins, go gamble on the chests. Last time I did it I got 6 burdens.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:37 am

Careful, Burden drop rate in those chests got nerfed *BAD*. It's still better than buying one with 50k, but it's still terri-bad.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:41 am

Sagara wrote:Careful, Burden drop rate in those chests got nerfed *BAD*. It's still better than buying one with 50k, but it's still terri-bad.

This was over the weekend, after the nerf.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:46 am

Well either you got freaking lucky, I got freaking unlucky, or both o_O

Didn't get a single one over 60k coins.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Jabari » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 am

Teranoid wrote:Was so much fun losing 2 surefire kills on Blackfuse due to the pipes fucking up.

DK jumps in.. gets thrown out with the debuff 2 seconds later.
I die on the belt and try and ankh.. get lagged out and killed again. Hunter pets are fucked up on it.. it's just a fucking broken.

Not to mention for some reason I have to save Ascendance just to kill the shit. But it's cool my super duper 10% LB buff tonight will obviously solve that issue. :roll:

Eww, ick. :(

My group is still behind you - we got Thok down to 1-2% like 3 different times last night but couldn't quite finish it off. Oh well, we fairly flew through the first 7 this week so we'll get back at it again soon enough.

More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.
(Our DK and holy paladin are pretty well decked-out now, though *laugh*)

KysenMurrin wrote:LFR is always godawful on a new tier, before enough people know the general strategy and before any nerfs.

I'm not sure that knowing the general strategy would help the people doing (not kidding) 40k DPS on Sha of Pride... Lots of people. *sigh*
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14 am

Jabari wrote:More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.

We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Jabari wrote:More SoO Frustration: We've gone 7/14 and then 10/14 the first two weeks. I (hunter) have gotten ZERO pieces of loot. Drops have been literally all Plate, with a few pieces of Spell-Mail and Cloth thrown in here and there. 6 coins with no luck, either. There's a second hunter in our group, and he obviously hasn't gotten any drops either (though at least he coined the CD-reduction trinket). We've gotten a whole one Protector token, which went to our shaman as he'd coined a set piece earlier to give him 2-set.

We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You don't have a LW or tailor who can use those for the extra CD for the crafted gear?

halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You don't have a LW or tailor who can use those for the extra CD for the crafted gear?

You know, that's what's a little ... unfortunate about those things (and Haunting Spirits and such). The groups that actually get them really don't need them at all - they get drops to equip everyone. :/ The groups that need them (i.e., the 3/12 normal ToT groups) don't get them, or not enough to matter.

And Tera - we'd certainly have that many too if we DE-ed all the DPS plate instead of giving it to the DK-tank for offset (that's not used in raiding at all). *shrug*

Jabari

Postby cdan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 pm

The Haunting Spirit and now Spirit of War paradox is just further proof, if any were needed anymore, that Blizzard decision makers are the most active trolls on the entire Interweb.

As is the excuse I got today from an actual real-life Blizzard Prod Support person about why regional transfers are impossible - "The server farms for the US and UK are in different data centres".
cdan

Postby Andurin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:22 pm

cdan wrote:As is the excuse I got today from an actual real-life Blizzard Prod Support person about why regional transfers are impossible - "The server farms for the US and UK are in different data centres".

Oh wow.. Now it would surely be impossible to tranfer them through the internet? Would it? Its not like the entire game is based around that... Oh wait...
Andurin

Postby Teranoid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:We already have 6 Spirits of War rotting in the gbank.

You know, that's what's a little ... unfortunate about those things (and Haunting Spirits and such). The groups that actually get them really don't need them at all - they get drops to equip everyone. :/ The groups that need them (i.e., the 3/12 normal ToT groups) don't get them, or not enough to matter.

And Tera - we'd certainly have that many too if we DE-ed all the DPS plate instead of giving it to the DK-tank for offset (that's not used in raiding at all). *shrug*

Same thing happens with agi mail once our hunter has it. I get it even though I think I've spent like 5 hours this expansion playing Enhance.

And yeah right now the only thing I'd even make is the caster belt so right now its which comes first: Belt off Spoils or I learn the recipe and have enough hides to make it.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General