Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:the podcasts app from apple has been FUBAR' since iOS7 and there's no update/fix in sight.

I've had zero issues with it. In fact it is miles more awesome now that iTunes 11.1 has podcast syncing support. I was listening to the ESPN Around The Horn podcast on the way home. Pulled into the driveway, gathered my stuff and stopped the podcast. When I resumed it in iTunes on my computer it picked right up where I left it off in the car.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:49 am

Wiped on wave 29 of Endless Proving Grounds... I got double knock-back from the small wind guards and failed to taunt/aggro them off the healer and wiped with plenty of personal-survival cooldowns up :(
Belloc

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:the podcasts app from apple has been FUBAR' since iOS7 and there's no update/fix in sight.

I've had zero issues with it. In fact it is miles more awesome now that iTunes 11.1 has podcast syncing support. I was listening to the ESPN Around The Horn podcast on the way home. Pulled into the driveway, gathered my stuff and stopped the podcast. When I resumed it in iTunes on my computer it picked right up where I left it off in the car.

It is freezing/crashing on me and just gives a bunch of errors trying to download podcasts. No matter which podcast it is. I've tried wireless and using cellular data and no go.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:11 am

iBooks seems buggy/not updated too.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:02 am

If you have issues might want to try a backup and restore. I was running the 7 betas so did that after official release.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nooska » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:26 am

WellI guess it is a frustration..

Maintankadin being changed organisation of fora on the board index, not that its changed, but that I'm not sure if the layou has actually changed too in regards to style, rounded/hard square corners and such - even the font feels different, but Ic an't put a finger on it - thats the frustration :p

(why you go changing things I'm used to - it was always better in the old days, when we walked a mile uphill to get to scheool through 6 feet of snow, and a mile uphill to get home through 7 feet of snow!)

*gets a rocking chair and builds a porch*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:49 am

I think it looks great!
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Aergis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Nooska wrote:Maintankadin being changed organisation of fora on the board index, not that its changed, but that I'm not sure if the layou has actually changed too in regards to style, rounded/hard square corners and such - even the font feels different, but Ic an't put a finger on it - thats the frustration :p

So you can rest easier, I tried to eliminate most stuff that was unnecessary. The top banner, several announcements, redundant forums, and moved the stuff that should be the focus of the site to the top. Except for the asylum. It's still by far the most used section of the site, so I pulled it to the top.

I didn't round any corners(more than they already were). I DID increase the size of the search box in the top right, and 2px of padding on all the forum posts.

That is all.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 pm

i like the changes ..ty Aergis

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:28 am

Okay, now I know what changed, and that I wasn't going crazy about things other than the moving around (which was thankfully obvious :))

Did you, by chance, remove the quick reply functionality, or is it just derping on my end again (it does/did so intermittently previously)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:55 am

The quick reply button always seems to be the last thing on the page to load, after the ads, so when one of the ad servers isn't working it hangs before it gets to the quick reply.

I'm noticing - on my browser at least, Friefox 23 - the top area with the search box is appearing in its own little area with a scroll bar, with the big "Search" button hidden under the text box until you scroll down in it (not that I'd ever bother clicking the button, I'd just hit enter).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:16 am

I'm missing the maintankadin banner to the store at the top =(
---
Klaudandus

Postby Aergis » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:58 am

Klaudandus wrote:I'm missing the maintankadin banner to the store at the top =(

Nope. It's gone.
They dont sell anymore, and we only have a couple sizes left anyway.

Expect a firesale coming soon to get rid of the last that we have.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 am

D=

Well, it's just that the banner was so obiquitous that doesn't feel like maintankadin without it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:14 pm

It's weird... the banner still shows up in some areas, but I assume that's a caching issue. However, the site does need SOME kind of title above the forums.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General