Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 am

I lost the track of reality again and ended up spending again a lot of money almost for nothing.

Sometimes I wonder if i'm suffering from some sort of disturb that makes me spend a ton of money when I got it >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 am

Worldie wrote:I lost the track of reality again and ended up spending again a lot of money almost for nothing.

Sometimes I wonder if i'm suffering from some sort of disturb that makes me spend a ton of money when I got it >.<

Get married, having money to spend won't be a problem anymore.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 am

That could be another notch on worldie's belt. Marriage Breaker.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nordix » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:46 am

patchnotes:
Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.

Glyph of the Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to no longer heal the Paladin. Instead, a nearby raid or party member will receive healing for 30% of the amount the Paladin would have received from Seal of Insight.

Its like,will these protpaladin nerfs ever end? Can we stop at a level so I can still tank 5man instances please? cuz so far its been nerfs on nerfs only.dps,survivability,everything.Every new ptr build carves out a bit more of paladintank viability and we'Ll end up like we were in DS and my guild will get rid of me in favor of other classes.
Nordix

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 am

Nordix wrote:patchnotes:
Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.

Glyph of the Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to no longer heal the Paladin. Instead, a nearby raid or party member will receive healing for 30% of the amount the Paladin would have received from Seal of Insight.

Its like,will these protpaladin nerfs ever end? Can we stop at a level so I can still tank 5man instances please? cuz so far its been nerfs on nerfs only.dps,survivability,everything.Every new ptr build carves out a bit more of paladintank viability and we'Ll end up like we were in DS and my guild will get rid of me in favor of other classes.

You're supposed to be playing a monk.. overall monk numbers are low.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:23 am

You do realize that having the same player top both the damage done, damage taken and healing done meter at same time is kinda, broken eh?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:31 am

Worldie wrote:You do realize that having the same player top both the damage done, damage taken and healing done meter at same time is kinda, broken eh?

Meant monk population numbers.. :-)

Monks are getting a whole bunch of adjustments too, so who knows..

halabar

Postby Nordix » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:42 am

Instead,paladin tanks will win the damage taken meters only,but by a lot:D
Nordix

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 pm

With 90%+ uptime on Shotr I don't see that happening.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Nordix wrote:Its like,will these protpaladin nerfs ever end? Can we stop at a level so I can still tank 5man instances please? cuz so far its been nerfs on nerfs only.dps,survivability,everything.Every new ptr build carves out a bit more of paladintank viability and we'Ll end up like we were in DS and my guild will get rid of me in favor of other classes.

Beeing one of the best tanks atm if not THE best all around tank isnt to good?
Even WITH these nerfs our position as the strongest tank (arguably only rivaled by monks atm) wont even be touched. We wont go from best to worst.
Paladin tanks scale very well with the gear we have now, reaching redicioulus numbers with haste.
Paladins were designed to benefit from haste, not to be stacking it, thusly were designed around NOT having 3sec SS, but rather closer to 6sec.
These changes are so that rather than making SS stop benefiting from haste, its slightly less effective.

Every single fucking patch is about tuning the numbers to the NEW itemlevels, so that people dont go to crazy when new gear comes out and that completely breaks shit.

Nordix wrote:Instead,paladin tanks will win the damage taken meters only,but by a lot:D

First of all, even if that WOULD to become true (and it wont) you are looking at the wrong meter, in fact a meter that is as interesting to look at as the mana gained meter.

The new "tanks do shitloads of dps" have completely clouded so many peoples view of what the tank does in a raid.
Total damage taken for the whole fight is a completely irrelevant metric to look for unless you are comparing two tanks of the same class, and even then its pretty irrelevant.
What you want to be looking at is spike reduction and smoothness in the dmg intake.
Id rather take 3 attacks that are all reduced by 50%, than take one hit and avoid the other two, even if the first scenario means you are taking overall more damage.
Treck

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Treckie can you have my babies? <3

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nordix » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:21 am

Treck wrote:
Nordix wrote:Its like,will these protpaladin nerfs ever end? Can we stop at a level so I can still tank 5man instances please? cuz so far its been nerfs on nerfs only.dps,survivability,everything.Every new ptr build carves out a bit more of paladintank viability and we'Ll end up like we were in DS and my guild will get rid of me in favor of other classes.

Beeing one of the best tanks atm if not THE best all around tank isnt to good?
Even WITH these nerfs our position as the strongest tank (arguably only rivaled by monks atm) wont even be touched. We wont go from best to worst.
Paladin tanks scale very well with the gear we have now, reaching redicioulus numbers with haste.
Paladins were designed to benefit from haste, not to be stacking it, thusly were designed around NOT having 3sec SS, but rather closer to 6sec.
These changes are so that rather than making SS stop benefiting from haste, its slightly less effective.

Every single fucking patch is about tuning the numbers to the NEW itemlevels, so that people dont go to crazy when new gear comes out and that completely breaks shit.

Nordix wrote:Instead,paladin tanks will win the damage taken meters only,but by a lot:D

First of all, even if that WOULD to become true (and it wont) you are looking at the wrong meter, in fact a meter that is as interesting to look at as the mana gained meter.

The new "tanks do shitloads of dps" have completely clouded so many peoples view of what the tank does in a raid.
Total damage taken for the whole fight is a completely irrelevant metric to look for unless you are comparing two tanks of the same class, and even then its pretty irrelevant.
What you want to be looking at is spike reduction and smoothness in the dmg intake.
Id rather take 3 attacks that are all reduced by 50%, than take one hit and avoid the other two, even if the first scenario means you are taking overall more damage.

I think we are very good this tier because of how we can abuse most fightmechanics and how most fights revolve around heavy hits we can use SoTR for->onto this comes the insane scaling of SS and haste's interaction with it.
Realize,next tier has 90% of the boss abilities tagged with that string that makes you unable to immune it with bubble or HoP.
Realize,they already nerfed vengeance with various caps and gains and now the SS 30% nerf is on top of those->I think it's more than 30% overall nerf.My rough prediction is we'll be reaching current values(5.2) in top gear again.
Realize that paladin dps isnt that great compared to monks and that other tanks got buffed too with a passive called Riposte among other things. The new GC proc is going to be broken on any fight where we can tank multiple adds and the boss or just adds (Monk winning crane kick still better by a mile for dpsing them down tho),yet it will be completely useless on a fight where the boss keeps casting stuff a lot instead of hitting you (like jikun f.ex) or doesn't even have meleeswings ,just spams your face with magic (lei shi).
Damage smoothing is king,and I don't have any meters besides omen,nor do I care much for them,I want to kill the boss,not kill it while looking badass with explosions in the background while riding a dragon while winning on 5 different meters. There is a difference between smoothing from 500k to average 250,halving,or from 500k to 400k.

What I ultimately DON'T understand,is WHY all these nerfs instead of fixing our broken 4set so we can't keep up sotr 100%.
Nordix

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:39 am

Nordix wrote:What I ultimately DON'T understand,is WHY all these nerfs instead of fixing our broken 4set so we can't keep up sotr 100%.

Essentially cause a large majority of the normal+ raiding Prot Palas think that T15 is shit cause it has no haste, hence likely Blizzard doesn't care of that 1% Prot palas who actually have a brain and use it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nordix » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:03 am

Core of T15 set issue is the very underwhelming 4set bonus I think.
Nordix

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:15 am

It's that set bonus that allows for 90%+ shor uptime so I don't see how it is underwhelming.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General