Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 am

Not all GFs get the Boost ability, but a fair bunch of them do. You'll see a square icon during their animation, and a % showing how much you've increased the power. However, at some point during the animation the square will start flickering and then get a red X over it. Once it has the red X, every button press drastically decreases the power you've already built up, so keep an eye out for the flickering. ;)

All this FF talk makes me regret leaving my FF8 back at the apartment over summer! :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

I think you also had to hold a button just to see the thing telling you to press Square.

FFVIII was the first one I played. VIII, IX, X, and X-2 are the only ones I completed, though I played most of the others at one point or another. I don't bother trying these days, since I never get far before losing interest.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Nooska wrote:
Era wrote:Frustration: Unskippable cutscenes. Acceptable on first playthrough, infuriating plague on anything after - be it a load game or complete replay.

In XIII? They are skippable, there is even a 'tutorial' in the datalog about it (During cutscene, press start to pause, then back to skip)

Use the back button to go forward. Well that's intuitive. o.O

Press the Start button to shut down your computer?!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am

Anyway, back to WoW:

One of the groups that I've been running with is still stuck at Tortos normal. 15 or so more wipes last night, maybe more like 20. We had 3 healers (shaman/shaman/paladin), a CD rotation for Quake Stomp (HTT, Ascendance, HTT, Ascendance, with the paladin rotating through her throughput CDs, one for each). I (shaman healer) was on shell kicking duty - was late on one kick over the whole night but the rest were good.

The problem seemed to be that the bat tank (a monk) would instantly drop down to about 25% health as soon as he picked up the bats...

This can't be normal, right?

We'd heal him back up, but his health would just yo-yo between full and 25%, even after I basically told the paladin to stay on him full-time. Of course, the bats would heal up and we'd eventually get to where we'd either have 2 sets of bats down at once, or he'd get splatted by the Quake Stomp because the bats were all still up. At one point I just told all the DPS to switch to bats, and it still didn't help. DPS was fine otherwise, as were the HPS numbers.

(As a side note, this tank has always seemed really squishy to me on other fights too. I think they run logs, what should I be looking for to make sure he's "doing it right"? I don't know monk tanks at all... Maybe somewhere I could point him to would help, too.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:40 am

Jabari wrote:Anyway, back to WoW:

One of the groups that I've been running with is still stuck at Tortos normal. 15 or so more wipes last night, maybe more like 20. We had 3 healers (shaman/shaman/paladin), a CD rotation for Quake Stomp (HTT, Ascendance, HTT, Ascendance, with the paladin rotating through her throughput CDs, one for each). I (shaman healer) was on shell kicking duty - was late on one kick over the whole night but the rest were good.

The problem seemed to be that the bat tank (a monk) would instantly drop down to about 25% health as soon as he picked up the bats...

This can't be normal, right?

We'd heal him back up, but his health would just yo-yo between full and 25%, even after I basically told the paladin to stay on him full-time. Of course, the bats would heal up and we'd eventually get to where we'd either have 2 sets of bats down at once, or he'd get splatted by the Quake Stomp because the bats were all still up. At one point I just told all the DPS to switch to bats, and it still didn't help. DPS was fine otherwise, as were the HPS numbers.

(As a side note, this tank has always seemed really squishy to me on other fights too. I think they run logs, what should I be looking for to make sure he's "doing it right"? I don't know monk tanks at all... Maybe somewhere I could point him to would help, too.)

Was he stunning the bats?

If I remember correctly, if you stun the bats, then they all hit at once once that wears off, which can make a tank splat.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 am

halabar wrote:Was he stunning the bats?

If I remember correctly, if you stun the bats, then they all hit at once once that wears off, which can make a tank splat.

Do monks even have an AoE Stun? I don't think so (I just remember the graphics for Keg Smash and Spin-kick) but I'd have to check. What's it called?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 am

Leg Sweep

Not to mention since you have 2 shamans you can use Cap totems as well. Between those three if you stagger them correctly those bats should be stunned basically till they're dead if your dps are doing what they're supposed to.
Last edited by Teranoid on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:Was he stunning the bats?

Do monks even have an AoE Stun? I don't think so (I just remember the graphics for Keg Smash and Spin-kick) but I'd have to check. What's it called?

Might have been someone else stunning them. I remember my tanks/healers saying something about that...

halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:37 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a destru lock stunning em under RoF ;)

If you do plan to use AoE stuns on bats, make sure the tank runs away from the bats, or when they wake up he's up for a nasty surprise.

Also make sure the tank has some CD up if he's going to be tanking some bats during a quake.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 pm

A coworker made death threats to some in the office... talking about how he's gonna get an unregistered gun and shoot people up.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:A coworker made death threats to some in the office... talking about how he's gonna get an unregistered gun and shoot people up.

I would hope that it's been dealt with already..

halabar

Postby Newsom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:02 am

Whenever I do a random dungeon I always only get other people Drak'Thul. I've done ~10 dungeons today and everyone in every single one of them has been exclusively from this realm. It's starting to get to my nerves.

Queue times are also really horrible...
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nordix » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 am

I always end up being dps and healer too on my paladin while the others afk,leave or do 25k dps.
instances take rather long with dungeon finder:<
Nordix

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:30 am

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:A coworker made death threats to some in the office... talking about how he's gonna get an unregistered gun and shoot people up.

I would hope that it's been dealt with already..

The process is gonna take a while, apparently, the threats of violence actually took place outside working hours... over the phone...

Our CFO already knows and has taken statements of several of us and HR seems to be working on something, but it seems they want to run it thru the lawyer first because the guy is clearly nuts, and if they don't get the ducks in a row, I have the feeling the guy is gonna claim he's mentally unbalanced and that the district never offered him any sort of help/counseling... and if he's declared schizo, they might be afraid that it might get him labeled as a section 504 employee and accommodate him
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 am

I lost the track of reality again and ended up spending again a lot of money almost for nothing.

Sometimes I wonder if i'm suffering from some sort of disturb that makes me spend a ton of money when I got it >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General