Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Worldie wrote:I never understood what the stats other than attack and resist were for in FF8 :D Just always used automatically.

Was actually getting used to the FF8 mechanics last autumn, when I was attempting a replay of it. Then exams arrived and I completely lost track and haven't returned to it yet. :(

Frustration: Wanted to replay Mass Effect 2 as a renegade Adept ....
Adepts still completely worthless. :( Maybe in ME3...
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Jabari wrote:Frustration: People who like FF8 :P

(The story was ... ok, but the gameplay/combat mechanics were god-awful. Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw AARGH MAKE IT STOP, and then the 20-minute graphic every time you used a summon. *sigh* The music was awesome though.)

As always, FF6 is best FF. (9 is probably second)

I've kind've gotten used to Drawing constantly. Then Invis looks over and goes "do you actually do ANYTHING else in this game?" And I was like... yeah okay... not the best method.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Meh. FIrst hour of the game is drawing 100 of each of the basic spells for each hero. Seriously, I think every game started with:
a) Get Card from the Lightning GF
b) Draw magic until your soul dies in a corner
c) Card everything you can until you get to the awesome battleship landing
d) Pumped up, you decide to refocus and Draw the magic you still miss... And feel your soul screaming in anguish.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah, I never really understood FFVIII's junctioning system. I just spammed GFs most of the time. Which I'm told is the wrong way to play.

As for the 20-minute summon animation... don't forget having to sit through it spamming Square to increase the damage.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

Did anyone say Eden? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, I never really understood FFVIII's junctioning system. I just spammed GFs most of the time. Which I'm told is the wrong way to play.

As for the 20-minute summon animation... don't forget having to sit through it spamming Square to increase the damage.

And then you entered Lunatic Pandora, squeacked through Fujin and Raijin, and then keep blowing up Rinoa during Adel (not that there's anything wrong with mauling Rinoa...)

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 am

Era wrote:Frustration: Unskippable cutscenes. Acceptable on first playthrough, infuriating plague on anything after - be it a load game or complete replay.

In XIII? They are skippable, there is even a 'tutorial' in the datalog about it (During cutscene, press start to pause, then back to skip)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 am

Nooska wrote:
Era wrote:Frustration: Unskippable cutscenes. Acceptable on first playthrough, infuriating plague on anything after - be it a load game or complete replay.

In XIII? They are skippable, there is even a 'tutorial' in the datalog about it (During cutscene, press start to pause, then back to skip)

Sorry, should have specified - was talking about games in general. :wink:
Some unskippable bits around Mass Effect 2 that annoyed me last night.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 am

Era wrote:Adepts still completely worthless. :( Maybe in ME3...

In ME3 you can make combos with different powers to make them detonate. Very fun !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:26 am

Nooska wrote:

Use the back button to go forward. Well that's intuitive. o.O
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:27 am

KysenMurrin wrote:As for the 20-minute summon animation... don't forget having to sit through it spamming Square to increase the damage.

What? Am I doing something wrong?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:28 am

Sagara wrote:Meh. FIrst hour of the game is drawing 100 of each of the basic spells for each hero. Seriously, I think every game started with:
a) Get Card from the Lightning GF
b) Draw magic until your soul dies in a corner
c) Card everything you can until you get to the awesome battleship landing
d) Pumped up, you decide to refocus and Draw the magic you still miss... And feel your soul screaming in anguish.

I decided to completely forgo the cards. I'm still drawing like mad every single fight and I'm only on disc 2 and ~30 hours in. Adding that card game into the mix would likely mean I'd never finish the game.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 am

Was something like that in ME2 as well, or at least one of the powers said it'd detonate other active powers on the target. But when using a power triggers a full global cooldown, shooting them in the face is just that much more effective... :( Not to mention how slow some of the powers travel, so that by the time they reach the enemy, they've usually taken cover again. ._.

Wanted to do a renegade adept playthrough of ME2 before I started ME3, but think I'll just hit ME3 right away.

@Nika: At some point you get a boost ability, that lets you spam square during the summon animation to boost its damage.
Era

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 am

Aha thanks. Haven't learned those yet.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am

Oh, I never PLAYED the card game, except on my 100% totally utterly complete from A to Z run.
The trick is - any enemy that gets card'ed does NOT award XP. Consider that enemy stats scale with your level, and that Tomberry has the *very*, *VEEEEEEEEEEEERY* fun Lvl+ and Lvl- abilities, you can have a team of level 15 chars rocking 100 Ultima's each literally pulverising every last boss.

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General