Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am

Flex wrote:
Nooska wrote:Someone mentioned a game from steam summer sales, and I ended up spending just under 40€ - and I'm not even at a computer where I can install any of them, and won't be till wed.

(FC3, ETS2 and Tropico4)

Edit:
Additionally GF now says that computer equipment isn't from our shared savings, so if I want a steering wheel for ETS2, I have to pay for it myself.. :cry: )

If you don't value computer security leaving steam logged into a computer and using the Steam mobile app it allows you to install games that way.

I do value computer secuity, and I'm away from home for a while, so I leave my computer unplugged AND I use my steam account on multiple computers (this one just doesn't seem to have the power to even run Civ V)

But thanks for the head up (I found the steam app last night by myself, not sure why I thought to look - psychic link to MT?)
halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:The joys of being "a computer guy".

IT at work.
IT for my wife while at work.
IT for employees comps

Seriously people. At some point, i don't want to go home, and work on other people's comps. I just want to go home, and play on mine. or play on the Wii/PS2/X360. Maybe I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR EFFING IT SERVICE.

I can top that.. IT for.. mother.

The worst is they expect you to be able to diagnose a problem over the phone, even when they have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh yes, SO MUCH THIS...

(Especially after having talked to CS somewhere and done something at their behest, then expecting me (you) to fix what they changed by phone whaving no idea what the CS rep said.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 am

Especially after having talked to CS somewhere and done something at their behest, then expecting me (you) to fix what they changed by phone whaving no idea what the CS rep said.

System Restore --> the day before the CS guy told them to do something --> reboot.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:28 am

Yes, definately, except, I dare not guide my mother through a SR over the phone 8she has the annoying "mother" habit of doing 4 or 5 things hen I tell her to do one "Go to the files menu (word 2010)" She closes word and then says she doesn't have a "save as" option (because she opened a file and did nothing in it) - just as an example.

And the continous "You don't need to tell me how it works, becaause I just need you to tell me how to X" where if she actually heard how it works, I would not have to explain X (or come over and do it) 3 or 4 times a month.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:30 am

Nooska wrote:Yes, definately, except, I dare not guide my mother through a SR over the phone 8she has the annoying "mother" habit of doing 4 or 5 things hen I tell her to do one "Go to the files menu (word 2010)" She closes word and then says she doesn't have a "save as" option (because she opened a file and did nothing in it) - just as an example.

And the continous "You don't need to tell me how it works, becaause I just need you to tell me how to X" where if she actually heard how it works, I would not have to explain X (or come over and do it) 3 or 4 times a month.

Yeah, when I move out I'm getting the remote desktop client working on all of my parent's computers and laptops. Then I can tell them to just watch and not touch anything.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:38 am

Oooh, that's an idea... though I'm not sure if it'lll work, the internet in our area (my mother too) has common (and dynamic) IP no. towards the outside, so I'm not sure if I can connect remotely.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:58 am

There are services like go2mypc and logmein that can solve the dynamic IP problem by having a client on your mom's computer updating their network with her IP address, so when you use their network to connect, they know her IP address. I think that they also work on port 80, so you don't have to worry about ISP/Firewall configs.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 am

From what I've seen so far we don't have any ISP Firewalll worries (at least I''ve not encountered any problems that wasn't from my own router or firewall).

I think I'lll have to look at that when I get home and have an opportunity to actually play with them :)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Mosquitoes.

That is all.

Fetzie

Postby Shamora » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:31 am

I occasionally use TeamViewer to remote into family computers to fix em.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Shamora

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 am

Sometimes I don't understand why often people get mad at me if I go sarcasting on people who do stupid errors (like standing in obvious bad stuff), and consider me an Elitist for demanding a bit of common sense.

I should really stop joining trade pugs and give up on alt runs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:20 am

Some days, I just don't give two fucks. And I'm pretty sure that I'm going to scream.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm

wipefest on durumu...you name it we wiped to it
best pulls were 38%

at least we know we can get up to him in one night having done so 2 weeks in a row now

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Need new comics to read, but dont want anything that is mainstream DC or Marvel.

Waiting for new issues of MTMTE is worse than a crack addiction...

Picked up the first issues of manhattan projects, didnt like it. Do like The Wake but its only two issues in. Wondering about Jupiters Legacy...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:11 pm

I didn't like Manhattan Projects much either. First one that's been pretty popular that I just wasn't able to get into. I'm not a DC/Marvel person either. I read Hawkeye and Batwoman, nothing more.

I just finished Y: The Last Man yesterday, and I think I'm up to date on every other series I read, so I'll probably be doing nothing but work my way through Transmetropolitan for a while.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 pm

I swore off Marvel after Civil War... I am picking up Trinity War from DC, but still not enough to actually pick up any of the DC titles -- In fact, even though I'm a huge batman fanboy, I don't think I've picked any of his comics in 10 years or more.

Most of my batman comics are from their limited-series and one shots, like the long halloween, dark knight returns, the man who laughs, et al.

The last Marvel title that I truly enjoyed was The Punisher, under their MAX label, and only the first 60 issues, when it was penned by Garth Ennis, so I don't think that counts.

keep hearing good things about hawkeye, but still can't see myself picking it up.

Edit: might have found something... Picked up hellboy tpb vol 1 and loving it.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General