Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:47 am

I don't mind this,I just wouldn't want for them to take it further to the point where if you don't want to look like an idiot in copper mail armor from goldshire you need to pay extra on top of downing hard hc bosses/subsribtion,because all the armor from raids n stuff just looks bland ,generic:<
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:04 am

I don't care how the armor looks (thanks to xmog), but I do fear the day that blizzard offers slightly better gear from raids from the blizzard store.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:29 am

Teranoid wrote:
Nordix wrote:Blizzard store slowly becoming more and more annoying.
How long until we'll get token green questlooks for Tier armors and we'll have to pay 5$ extra for their actual look?


I fail to see how one can be annoyed by things that are completely optional and have no actual bearing on your character's power but then again people complain about everything in this game so I shouldn't be surprised.


Well, considering, at least in the asian markets, they are going to test selling XP, and are also discussing selling lesser charms, I'd say they are really close to that tipping point. While selling and XP boost isn't that different from RAF, the selling of lesser charms has a direct impact on gameplay, as it eliminates the grind that everyone else needs to do for the the bonus rolls, and in a way is selling gear.

Also, what happens when Blizz starts selling all the other services players have been asking for. Gear recolouring? Housing? Or simply when it's clear they are putting more effort in the tmog gear for sale than actual tier gear?

Of course, Flex and Teranoid will disagree, since Blizz does no wrong in their eyes..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am

Nordix wrote:I don't mind this,I just wouldn't want for them to take it further to the point where if you don't want to look like an idiot in copper mail armor from goldshire you need to pay extra on top of downing hard hc bosses/subsribtion,because all the armor from raids n stuff just looks bland ,generic:<


They keep tiptoeing in that direction..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:40 am

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:
Nordix wrote:Blizzard store slowly becoming more and more annoying.
How long until we'll get token green questlooks for Tier armors and we'll have to pay 5$ extra for their actual look?


I fail to see how one can be annoyed by things that are completely optional and have no actual bearing on your character's power but then again people complain about everything in this game so I shouldn't be surprised.


Well, considering, at least in the asian markets, they are going to test selling XP, and are also discussing selling lesser charms, I'd say they are really close to that tipping point. While selling and XP boost isn't that different from RAF, the selling of lesser charms has a direct impact on gameplay, as it eliminates the grind that everyone else needs to do for the the bonus rolls, and in a way is selling gear.

Also, what happens when Blizz starts selling all the other services players have been asking for. Gear recolouring? Housing? Or simply when it's clear they are putting more effort in the tmog gear for sale than actual tier gear?

Of course, Flex and Teranoid will disagree, since Blizz does no wrong in their eyes..


Having to do 15 minutes of daily quests including travel time per week is a really tough chore.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

I think Flex and Teranoid do know Blizz does things wrong, they're just sarcastic about giving them a pass, from time to time.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9349
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 pm

The most pressing question ladies and gentlemen:
What if the new char models would cost 5$ each?
It's purely cosmetic you know,just like those helms ,etc...:>
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Nordix wrote:The most pressing question ladies and gentlemen:
What if the new char models would cost 5$ each?
It's purely cosmetic you know,just like those helms ,etc...:>


TWIST!

What if the game, at the same time, goes Free-To-Play???? :o
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm

halabar wrote:Of course, Flex and Teranoid will disagree, since Blizz does no wrong in their eyes..


Yup I'm nothing more than a Blizzard ass kisser. You figured me out. Me and Chris Metzen hang out on weekends. I have dinner with Greg Street 3 times a week. I'm nothing more than a shameless Blizzdrone. If you weren't spending so much time attempting to be snarky you'd remember that I have laid into Blizzard on multiple occasions so yeah well done. God forbid I don't overreact about something for once.

Oh and you only mention Flex because he's another person who refuses to put up with general stupidity.

I think Flex and Teranoid do know Blizz does things wrong, they're just sarcastic about giving them a pass, from time to time.


Bingo. There's quite a few things Blizzard has done over the years that I have been quite happy to voice my concerns over. This isn't worth it. The only people up in arms over this are the people who are gonna feel left out because they can't or refuse to buy it which is a stupid reason to begin with. People said this same shit when the first pets came out from the store "WOW HERE WE GO CANT WAIT TO BUY TIER GEAR AND HAVE IT IN MY MAILBOX GAME IS RUINED!" and here we are almost 4 years later. Until that XP boost is actually in the store it means NOTHING.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Coming up with a name for a web site is worse than trying to name a character in WoW. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Coming up with a name for a web site is worse than trying to name a character in WoW. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

if only there was a random name generator lol
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Teranoid wrote:Until that XP boost is actually in the store it means NOTHING.


The XP boost is only meaningful for those that re-roll characters after every patch or someone that wants to have more than 3 alts.

I only have two max level toons, pretty happy that way, I havent logged in to the game since yesterday afternoon, only played for an hour to cap my last vp, and I dont plan to log back in until tuesday morning.

Edit: Holy shit, approaching 10K posts O_O
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9349
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Coming up with a name for a web site is worse than trying to name a character in WoW. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


It's even worse when you want that website name to match on Twitter and Facebook, and perhaps even Pintrest, and you can't find anything that hasn't already been registered in at least 2 of those..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Teranoid wrote:
halabar wrote:Of course, Flex and Teranoid will disagree, since Blizz does no wrong in their eyes..


Yup I'm nothing more than a Blizzard ass kisser. You figured me out. Me and Chris Metzen hang out on weekends. I have dinner with Greg Street 3 times a week. I'm nothing more than a shameless Blizzdrone. If you weren't spending so much time attempting to be snarky you'd remember that I have laid into Blizzard on multiple occasions so yeah well done. God forbid I don't overreact about something for once.

Oh and you only mention Flex because he's another person who refuses to put up with general stupidity.

I think Flex and Teranoid do know Blizz does things wrong, they're just sarcastic about giving them a pass, from time to time.


Bingo. There's quite a few things Blizzard has done over the years that I have been quite happy to voice my concerns over. This isn't worth it. The only people up in arms over this are the people who are gonna feel left out because they can't or refuse to buy it which is a stupid reason to begin with. People said this same shit when the first pets came out from the store "WOW HERE WE GO CANT WAIT TO BUY TIER GEAR AND HAVE IT IN MY MAILBOX GAME IS RUINED!" and here we are almost 4 years later. Until that XP boost is actually in the store it means NOTHING.


YAwwnn...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah that's the general reaction every time I read a post with your name on it.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Personally, I welcome our 'buy all the things' overlords. The nerd-rage will be glorious.

Oh, wait - it's still just a couple items for limited trial and a few words from a blue post or two making it sound like a link to the type of stuff blizz store in-game, and that other games have done with no ill effects?

nevermind.


Seriously people: these are the hats from TF2. You know, the thing that people bought in droves and helped make that thing F2P? And the TCG item stuff? oh man... sword rack. There goes the AFK-time game balance.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm

These boards. Seriously, is it this time of the patch again?
I thought we were here to discuss the present and future of the class, not people's preferences towards Blizzard's ass.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Dion » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Sagara wrote:These boards. Seriously, is it this time of the patch again?
I thought we were here to discuss the present and future of the class, not people's preferences towards Blizzard's ass.

We are in frustrations thread, not patch 5.4 thread. :D Also, when Halabar, Teranoid and Flex tango, it's guaranteed that Blizzass comes along. :)
Dion
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Dion wrote:
Sagara wrote:These boards. Seriously, is it this time of the patch again?
I thought we were here to discuss the present and future of the class, not people's preferences towards Blizzard's ass.

We are in frustrations thread, not patch 5.4 thread. :D Also, when Halabar, Teranoid and Flex tango, it's guaranteed that Blizzass comes along. :)


It would have too.. their lips are attached to it.. :roll:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 pm

halabar wrote:
Dion wrote:
Sagara wrote:These boards. Seriously, is it this time of the patch again?
I thought we were here to discuss the present and future of the class, not people's preferences towards Blizzard's ass.

We are in frustrations thread, not patch 5.4 thread. :D Also, when Halabar, Teranoid and Flex tango, it's guaranteed that Blizzass comes along. :)


It would have too.. their lips are attached to it.. :roll:


Image

I'm gonna take a nice vacation from news thread untill the patch is out and hopefully, we'll have SOME F*CKING SENSE BACK HERE! No seriously. My head actually HURT from the amount of sadness, rage and fatigue this post brought.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 am

Assuming the helms and the xp boost are available from my the same friendly level ones on my realm that sell the mounts and pets i don't see the problem :)

In all seriousness they seem to be somewhat replicating the additional items available in the Path of Exile store which has been received pretty well by the community, definitely one of the better cash shop's.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby theckhd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:52 am

halabar wrote:It would have too.. their lips are attached to it.. :roll:

It's a little unfair to equate "Trusting Blizzard not to compromise game quality" with "kissing Blizzard's ass."
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:08 am

There are no words to express how much I missed a voice of calm reason around these parts >_<
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 am

Sagara wrote:There are no words to express how much I missed a voice of calm reason around these parts >_<


Hey, don't look at me.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9349
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:27 am

You, you got your image. Now shush.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest