Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:07 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
bldavis wrote:how is awareness have anything to do when 3 fucking turtles all turn at the same time and make a bee line for our priest?
who was already standing out of the way of where they normally went and was casting divine hymn? (or w/e the holy healing cd is//i know its not PoH)?

seems to be RNG to me...but then again i am just a bloody casual with no heroic progression

And that's happening every wipe, eh?

The same logic can be applied to every level of raiding though, which i find interesting. I'm sure 13/13 guilds would look at my raids wiping on HC bosses and wonder how we manage to make such a meal of it.
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 am

The biggest difference between a "casual raider" and a 13/13 hc is that the latter can adapt to pretty much every situation in few moments, including 3 turtles targetting the same person at same time. So the hc raider lives where the casual dies.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:25 am

Worldie wrote:The biggest difference between a "casual raider" and a 13/13 hc is that the latter can adapt to pretty much every situation in few moments, including 3 turtles targetting the same person at same time. So the hc raider lives where the casual dies.

Can't argue with that. Along with the fact that the casual raid may well have a few new bodies each week, so added points for failure. Esp. on a fight like Tortos.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Teranoid wrote:Keep telling yourself that every person who doesn't agree with you is some sort of elitist.

not even going to comment on this, most because i dont want another flame war like i have been involved with

ill just say, on these forums, those that are only normal mode raiders are treated like idiots at times...try and deny that

and klaud, was that a frustration that you cant get those, or that they exist?
i love brownies and twinkies...but deep fried? my stomach is turning at the thought :(

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm

To be fair, normal mode raiders who are treated like idiots are treated so for one of three reasons:

1) the one who is doing the treating is a troll and can rile people up
2) the one who is doing the treating is an idiot themselves
3) the normal mode raider is acting like an idiot

I can't even be qualified as a normal mode raider anymore at this time.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:19 pm

bldavis wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Keep telling yourself that every person who doesn't agree with you is some sort of elitist.

not even going to comment on this, most because i dont want another flame war like i have been involved with

ill just say, on these forums, those that are only normal mode raiders are treated like idiots at times...try and deny that

99% of anything that can be "blamed" on bad RNG is solvable by better player reaction. In this instance it is simply "Channeling a spell and turtles coming to you? Stop channeling and move."

Bad RNGs that can't really be solved by an individual playing better is if a random target ability always targets one player preventing them from doing their job for a long portion of the fight. In this case however communication from that player is key for others to pick up the slack.

I'll gladly treat anyone that whines about bullshit like an idiot! But normal mode raiders tend to be the first to blame things other than themselves.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

bldavis wrote:

(

You fucking drive me mental sometimes. Scratch that. All the damn time. And you can never see why people get so damn frustrated with you.

You are saying that it's RNG that turtles attack your priest. All three of them, at the same time. Implying that this happens every attempt, every time the turtles come out. If that's actually what's happening, then my god, the entire game must be against you and that's DEFINITELY bad RNG.

That's not what's happening. It might've happened once, maybe twice, and yet that's the excuse you choose to use to present the problem you're having on that fight. That's not the problem you're having on that fight. The problem you're having is that you use an excuse to explain why you're not playing better. You're being treated like an idiot because you're acting like one.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:32 pm

bldavis wrote:ill just say, on these forums, those that are only normal mode raiders are treated like idiots at times...try and deny that

I don't feel like I've ever been treated like an idiot. Now, I've been treated like someone who had no idea what they were talking about, and surprise, it ends up usually well deserved.

I mean, sure, the answer regarding raid trouble of 'get better' can be said a bit harshly and yes, there are people who don't view normals as a challenge or 10 mans as enjoyable.

But you know what? Sometimes the answer *is* 'get better or deal with it'. When I got told that by the raid leader on my second night raiding with them, yeah it hurt. But it was also what needed to happen.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Image

I think I heard my arteries clang shut just by looking at those...

You are snaring the turtles aren't you? If they are snared they move slower than a player.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:58 pm

bldavis wrote:

I'm not even going to deny it and I never have. Act like an idiot and get treated as such.

You ever wonder why you get in flame wars? It's because you, just like certain other people, can never just accept the fact that something might actually be your fault and instead whip up five million different excuses to somehow make yourself feel better about it and the minute someone says otherwise you paint some sob story about how everyone is so fucking mean to you. "It's not my fault! It's the game! I'm a victim of circumstance every time!"

You are so absolutely warped at times it's unbelievable. You love to refer to yourself as a casual which is absolutely wrong. Casuals don't blame every problem they have on the game. You're a whiner. Plain and simple.

Don't even bother responding to this post because I quite frankly don't care what you have to say anymore.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:17 pm

benebarba wrote:
bldavis wrote:ill just say, on these forums, those that are only normal mode raiders are treated like idiots at times...try and deny that

I don't feel like I've ever been treated like an idiot. Now, I've been treated like someone who had no idea what they were talking about, and surprise, it ends up usually well deserved.

I mean, sure, the answer regarding raid trouble of 'get better' can be said a bit harshly and yes, there are people who don't view normals as a challenge or 10 mans as enjoyable.

But you know what? Sometimes the answer *is* 'get better or deal with it'. When I got told that by the raid leader on my second night raiding with them, yeah it hurt. But it was also what needed to happen.

i wasnt saying that fight is pure RNG
nor am i saying that my guild is filled with alts of method or paragon...yes we can all get better

nor was i implying that the turtles thing was an every time.,...and honestly i am kinda confused how you could get that from an example?

yes i am a troll at times
yes i vent about suckage with my raid teams at times...
i very rarely, and dont if i catch it myself, say it is NEVER my fault...
hell there are many times i am frank and say sorry guys, i fucked up

sometimes i am clueless, and deserve to be called an idiot, i will admit that
but on the majority of cases, the heroic hardcore raiders DO look down on those that raid just normals...
there are many cases of people, even those that are generally nice and not a bitch, saying normals are for noobs and not real raiding.

so go ahead and ignore me if you want...you know fuck it, i think i am done posting here anyway
some of you will veiw this as a success, but all i have to say is get the F over your selves.

just because you are a heroic raider, doesnt mean yuou are a fucking god

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm

I raid at a very similar level to bldavis (although at least his guild has got Ji-Kun down) and can relate to what he was saying about Tortos.

We got past Tortos no trouble at first, he scarcely registered as an obstacle. Then we lost a few of our raid team (a good dps when to a faster progressing guild) and have had to pug 2-3 extra to field 10 every week.

Suddenly, Tortos went from being no issue at all to being our stumbling block.

First, the pugs are nearly always melee, which leaves us with a bad comp - we could not do Tortos with just two ranged, it was beyond us. Three gives us a fighting chance but still is markedly harder than when we just had 1 melee as we did on progression.

Second, there was just a learning process - we raid once a week and it takes quite a time just to get to Tortos. If it's a new team member, whose never done Tortos outside of LFR, they tend to die early and often.

Third, we often lose our kicker to non-attendance and so someone else would have to learn the role.

Yes, we don't fail purely because of RNG but often it feels like that. The person assigned to kick the shell is gibed just before he's supposed to kick etc. I'm too busy chasing bats to have a good overview of why we fail, but it does feel random even though no doubt it isn't.

Things have picked up a bit as some of our PUG people have become semi-permanent additions to the team and we've found a good replacement dps to join the guild. But I can relate to bldavis's frustrations (this is the frustrations thread, right?) as I've gone through something very similar recently.
econ21

Postby benebarba » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:16 pm

It's like the designed Wrathion for the tanking challenge to make all tanks feel what RLs feel about that guy who seems drawn to fire like a moth.

please, oh, please add an item that lets me pimp smack him. At least guildies I can yell at over vent for not moving out of the bad.

funny enough, I've also learned how much I don't actually read cast-bars anymore since I don't have DBM warnings for the 2 cast spells (and I don't wear my glasses since I usually don't need to read the fine print while gaming).
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm

losing my earpods... sound quality was meh, but i loved the remote control and had lasted me longer than any other headphone in the past.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General