Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 am

Wait, theck, you're going to AVOID a pounding headache?
What's this world coming to?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:20 am

Nooska wrote:^Simcraft is not for the uninitiated (and the guides don't help tbh)

What frustrates me isn't so much the actual program. I'm not an idiot (although this may seem hard to believe at times) so normally I learn to use things like this quickly. My problem it feels like is my stat weights coming out incorrectly and obviously I don't want to piss away 500 gold on reforges to find out I fucked something up and lost 2500 dps.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Sunday afteroon farming Warbringers, Warscouts, and numerous numerous rares...

~10k in gold and crafting mats, ~50 misc rep tokens...

no friggin mounts.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm

theckhd wrote:It's intended to be. Of course, I have to write it first. But it'll basically go from "download the program" to "here's how to interpret the results" and everything in-between.

Awesome!
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Era » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 am

Using the A B C D E F grade system where F is failing the class, I normally only get A's and B's. So getting E on one of my exams was a bit of a punch in the gut. :|

We don't get any kind of feedback without sending in a request through the exam office, so I don't even know why. Must've completely misunderstood what the test was asking for, or something. I've sent a request for feedback, but no idea how long these things takes... I need a B average to get into the Master degree I want later, so guess I have to redo my first exam. :cry:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:05 am

Era wrote:Using the A B C D E F grade system where F is failing the class, I normally only get A's and B's. So getting E on one of my exams was a bit of a punch in the gut. :|

We don't get any kind of feedback without sending in a request through the exam office, so I don't even know why. Must've completely misunderstood what the test was asking for, or something. I've sent a request for feedback, but no idea how long these things takes... I need a B average to get into the Master degree I want later, so guess I have to redo my first exam. :cry:

well, that is kind of fucked up.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:46 pm

need for some roof work just got bumped up in importance...
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 pm

IDW is really pissing me off with their constant delays on the MLP comic.

At least the release schedule for More than Meets the Eye is more stable, but that series is worse than crack. As soon as I am done with the new issue, I am already in need of the next hit, next comic.

Also, seriously considering dropping $100 on the Last Stand of the Wreckers Red Label Limited Edition.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 pm

So like... there are no guilds out there that raid six hours a week and have decent progression are there (aka not halfway through normal mode)? Wow.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Nikachelle wrote:So like... there are no guilds out there that raid six hours a week and have decent progression are there (aka not halfway through normal mode)? Wow.

You're back?... try CTR guild, raid groups all over the place, most of them 10-man though.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Not exactly. I'm idly looking. Probably out of boredom. If anything, I just need to find a new hobby to replace WoW.

I think I mostly wanted to be done with the raid leading aspect of it. As I've never actually looked for a guild before, I wondered what the competition was like. And it's slightly frightening that people with double my team's raiding hours have half their progress. I've got very little interest in raiding 12 hours a week and still be stuck on Tortos normal. My desire to commit to more hours than I was doing before is less than zero however.

Makes me proud of my team though. We did quite well. :)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 pm

If you can understand a bit of German then we're always looking for new people :)

We raid 9 hours a week though. Progress in the signature.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 pm

The only German I know is "ich liebe dich". Annnnd I think that would give everyone the wrong impression!

The other kicker is time. If it's EU, it'd have to be late night guilds (starting around 23:00 server time). US... well... I'd have to level something and I'm not sure my desire to play is that strong.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Not exactly. I'm idly looking. Probably out of boredom. If anything, I just need to find a new hobby to replace WoW.

I think I mostly wanted to be done with the raid leading aspect of it. As I've never actually looked for a guild before, I wondered what the competition was like. And it's slightly frightening that people with double my team's raiding hours have half their progress. I've got very little interest in raiding 12 hours a week and still be stuck on Tortos normal. My desire to commit to more hours than I was doing before is less than zero however.

Makes me proud of my team though. We did quite well. :)

You'd be surprised that there's guilds who raid 5 days per week who can't clear normal still :P

Just another demonstration that investing a lot of time in the game doesn't automatically make you good at it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:24 am

Nikachelle wrote:Not exactly. I'm idly looking. Probably out of boredom. If anything, I just need to find a new hobby to replace WoW.

More and more of my old friends are returning to WoW. It's making this MMO-celibacy real damn frustrating. >_>
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General