Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Era wrote:Nice, thanks.

And besides, it's a phone. All the other Google fanboi rants against them really don't hold water for 95% of the population. The biggest issue with the Android OS is the memory issue, that relates to that sluggishness, you could double the memory and the apps would still chew it up. The things that the Google boys rant against iOS for is exactly what allows iOS to be responsive. (I really don't need to multitask on a phone...)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:40 pm

JoeBravo wrote:we need recruits....

I needed about 5 or 6 to cover the summer. So I just gave up.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Ouch :-/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Sagara wrote:

Ouch :-/

yea, karma is kicking us I guess, for getting rid of about 5 ppl at the start of this expansion...
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby bldavis » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Nikachelle wrote:

were you a 10 man or 25 man?
(im sure you mentioned it but i dont remember)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 pm

bldavis wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

were you a 10 man or 25 man?
(im sure you mentioned it but i dont remember)

10. Roster of 13.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Nikachelle wrote:

Considering that we're losing main players to alt raids like the Urgent Pee-Pee Dance just blares Impending Storm of Piss, I gave up GM a few months ago. We might get our raiding roster back to "normal" with virtual realms, but I'm just happy it's not my headache anymore.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Nikachelle wrote:10. Roster of 13.

ouch..loosing half your raid team would make anyone question their desire to continue

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 am

halabar wrote:

And besides, it's a phone. All the other Google fanboi rants against them really don't hold water for 95% of the population. The biggest issue with the Android OS is the memory issue, that relates to that sluggishness, you could double the memory and the apps would still chew it up. The things that the Google boys rant against iOS for is exactly what allows iOS to be responsive. (I really don't need to multitask on a phone...)

Define multitasking - I can switch easily from one program to another on my iPhone while keeping what I was doing in each (alt-tab like) - only safari is a bit.. off, and only for inactive 'tabs', that need to reload once in a while (when I've not activated it for a day I notice it).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:26 am

iOS has limited multitasking. Sound and GPS features are pretty much fully allowed. When a program is switched away from it has 10 minutes to complete a task before the system forces it to hibernate. iOS 7 will expand it quite a bit. New APIs allow a program to update whenever it gets a notification, and the system will learn what your most frequently used apps are and periodically update them whenever you're on a strong network connection and have enough power.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Nooska wrote:
halabar wrote:

Define multitasking - I can switch easily from one program to another on my iPhone while keeping what I was doing in each (alt-tab like) - only safari is a bit.. off, and only for inactive 'tabs', that need to reload once in a while (when I've not activated it for a day I notice it).

It's still not the side-by-side true multitasking that is touted in all the Samsung commercials. However, my point was it's a phone, you don't need that. (Believe me, I'm on the iOS side of things here).

Even on a tablet, you really don't need that side-by-side apps for most uses. If you really need that, a netbook is usually a better choice anyway.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Why why WHY the fuck do people put themselves into a perfect soap opera drama, and then are surprised when they're in the middle of said drama?!

Shit like this makes me want to bang people's faces into walls.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Amirya wrote:Why why WHY the fuck do people put themselves into a perfect soap opera drama, and then are surprised when they're in the middle of said drama?!

Shit like this makes me want to bang people's faces into walls.

:shock: :? *runs*

(though i am pretty sure its not me this time)

bldavis

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 pm

No. Someone else who has absolutely zero self esteem.

I currently have a list of about 4 people whose faces deserve to meet jagged glass shards, one of which includes a church official.

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:13 pm

It's still not the side-by-side true multitasking that is touted in all the Samsung commercials. However, my point was it's a phone, you don't need that. (Believe me, I'm on the iOS side of things here).

At its core, there is a phone, but the entire point of smartphone use is that they are no longer just 'phones' - they're computers, and used as such. The 'phone' part is just one of the most basic things they can do.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General