Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm

I just wish AMR wasnt so schizophrenic. You can have the same weights and every time you press the Optimize, it can give you a different result.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I've never seen it like that; it tends to be pretty consistent for me with my custom weights. The only time it changes something if my weights haven't changed is if my gear changes move the amount of hit/exp.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 pm

More Mass Effect 1 frustrations... I was tired of the dialogue options, so I spent 6 points to max out Charm for my current level, yet the dialogue option is still greyed out? :/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Era wrote:More Mass Effect 1 frustrations... I was tired of the dialogue options, so I spent 6 points to max out Charm for my current level, yet the dialogue option is still greyed out? :/

I think that's because you're still not "paragon-y" or "renegady" enough for whatever option you're going for.

Isn't the "charm" thing you're talking about just an overall modifier towards your pargon/renegade value for conversations?

been years since I played ME1, I could be wrong.
Chunes

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm

I don't know, the game hasn't given me much information on the subject. :( The talent tree option says that charm and intimidate unlocks new dialogue options, and that paragon/renegande and spectre levels will unlock more charm and intimidate ranks. But doesn't say anything about having to have a certain paragon/renegade values to use it, or spectre for that matter. :/

It does sound like a reasonable explanation though, I just wish the game would've told me before I pointlessly threw 6 ranks into the trait...
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm

iirc charm is always a good choice universally, any game ever in the history of games. So no worries there. You'll get more paragon/renegade stat as you progress through the game and lean more one way or the other.

I don't remember of ME1 had a zero sum paragon/renegade system, where you could only be one or the other. I thought ME2 let you build either as you went. You may have to play around with it.

I went full paragon on my first playthrough and I don't remember there being any paragon options that were locked from me after about 1/3 - 1/2 way through the game. Renegade was often greyed out for me though as I progressed.
Chunes

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 pm

ME2 and 3 allowed you to build both up, but of course things could be locked out, such as smoothing over ruffled feathers after loyalty missions, if you mixed it up too much and could wreck your play through with the last mission results.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:48 pm

I've sort of just been going with whatever I felt suited the situation, but more often than not the "intuitive" dialogue tree ends up saying something completely different from what I expected the option to be. >_> So now I just go Paragon most of the time. Being neutral seems less beneficial than being either paragon or renegade.

There's been a lot of frustration for me with the dialogue tree, but if I stop trying to immerse myself and just take the dialogue as someone else's story instead, it's not so bad. Rest of the game is pretty good, after all. Though, looking forward to making the move to Mass Effect 2 - Been told that it improves a lot of the game's mechanics.
Era

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 pm

No goddamn Mako!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Flex wrote:No goddamn Mako!

:lol: :lol: Just as I read that I took a tumble down a huge hill in my Mako.

EDIT: Was just thinking this:
Era

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Haha, but they took out the mako and replaced it with planet scanning...

If you don't have adjustable DPI on your mouse, invest in one that does before you begin scanning. Your wrist will thank me later.
Chunes

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 pm

I level grinded the planet scanning in me2. Ended up with over 120k of everything but eezo
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby culhag » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Lei Shen 25-H : 1% wipe.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 am

Fuck you Hexos.

That is all.
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Guildie who, I believe due to frustration with the game ATM, basically got onto an uncharacteristic (and possibly rose-colored glasses) rant about how nothing is 'epic' anymore during an LFR run.

This was made particularly odd for me, since I am still not sure I even understood what they were talking about (first time into stuff is usually pretty cool for me, a few months into the same stuff *nothing* is epic anymore). Then there was some stuff about LFR, taking gear out, and much of the same arguments that were hashed and rehashed, buried, dug up, and used for a firelighter here.

All were pretty much in agreement that LFR's nature kinda sucks something out of the experience (and is likely why Flex is coming to pass), but I still argued that at least for me there had been enjoyable content and that a 'first time' experience can never be recaptured. To me, it seems the question really becomes: when do you decide that this isn't the game you want to play anymore?
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General