Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Maybe AMR is a secret Blizzard plot to remove money from the economy by making you reforge and regem even after following its advice!
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Qeeze » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

Fenrìr wrote:Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.

Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.
Qeeze

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 am

Chunes wrote:
halabar wrote:Since when did horde start sucking so terribly bad at AV, and all leveling BGs in general? 20 or so BGs this weekend, 1 win. Not to mention the hackers in IoC, where the alliance had capped all the resources before the gates opened...

AV and IoC are pretty much the only BG's that alliance dominates for some reason that is really still unknown to me.

I think the AV advantage has something to do with the bridge choke point leading up to the main alliance base and I've also heard that one of the alliance GY's is a little less accessible and thus easier to defend back near the base.

Either way, most horde just blacklist those two maps because their chances of actually winning them are lower than 50/50.

Interesting, because during Cataclysm the Horde started totally dominating AV in my experience. They'd get the Alliance trapped behind the chokepoint at Icewing and just farm kills. I haven't PvPed much since MoP launched, though.

(Although generally, the most important factor is if the Alliance cap Iceblood GY. If they cap Iceblood at the start, the Horde spawn south of the main Alliance group and push them back north; if the Alliance ignore it, they're south of the Horde's spawn point by the time people start dying.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 am

Am I the only one who likes AV/IoC just for the zergy nature and hates 10 men bgs? (Expecially warsong and twin)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 am

I'm okay with AV, don't like IoC. I used to like AB the most, then when I was PvPing a lot I started to like WSG.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:10 am

What's so cool in Wsg when with pugs you pretty much always get stuck with 0-0 for 20-30 minutes with both flags at opponent's base?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:48 am

Ha, it's not all that bad. I either go for flag running or defence, both can be fun. If you've got a lot of midfighting and only small groups are attacking/defending at a time, it tends to work out better.

Playing a prot paladin, it helps if you enjoy just stunning/silencing/annoying the hell of out attackers.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 am

I have no PvP gear right now and likely no will to farm it.
It's excessively frustrating to be more or less 2shot by any DPS class.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 am

Don't really need PvP gear now a days with the base resil. I run 1/2 PvP and 1/2 PvE just for the extra dmg but can easily just run straight PvE for insane damage.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:26 am

I really dislike both of the pvp "mega maps" simply because they're just base races with little complex strategy in play these days.

AV, you just steamroll towers and zerg the raid boss as fast as you can. IoC much the same. Cap an objective then zerg the fortress. Both sides zerg equally hard, but for some reason, statistically, alliance seems to do better on them than horde overall. There was a petition at one point to "flip" AV so horde spawns at alliance and vice versa just to see if it was a fluke that alliance won more often than not, but of course that never happened. Still, I'd be curious to see what the result would be.

Personally, I think WSG and AB are two of the more balanced maps and it really just comes down to overall team coordination and skill on those maps. Twin peaks is pretty fun too in my experience. A lot of people hate on strand, but I actually really enjoy that map most times when people focus on killing/snaring the sieges rather than getting distracted padding their KDR
Chunes

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 am

To Quote one of my favorite movies of all time, which puts my feelings about the past few weeks at work into perspective.

"I'm tired of this Nickel and Dime Shit."
Shoju

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

Qeeze wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.

Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.

I use AMR as a reference, but never to do my reforging math. I use ReforgeLite for that.

AMR is best as a gear comparison list, but you always have to remember that it essentially overvalues hit and expertise for any dps class, and it will make you do wild swings after each piece of gear changes. But some of the new features, like "best in bag" are useful, especially if you are trying to decide on tier vs offset, etc. Especially with valor upgrades, that math can be a mess.

Just don't use it for reforging math, but you can use it as a sanity check for that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 am

Qeeze wrote:Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Qeeze wrote:Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.

Again, it's how you use it.

I've seen the interactions with the AMR developers and the theorycrafters from other communities, and they really do try to get it right, and run plenty of sims themselves. Of course, no everyone agrees. What I think is a weak point is when they don't have a viable theorycrafting community to balance against. (There really isn't one for hunters at the moment).

That said, the best route still seems to be using ReforgeLite, and using AMR as a gear guide and sanity check.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General