Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:48 am

Chunes wrote:
halabar wrote:Since when did horde start sucking so terribly bad at AV, and all leveling BGs in general? 20 or so BGs this weekend, 1 win. Not to mention the hackers in IoC, where the alliance had capped all the resources before the gates opened...


AV and IoC are pretty much the only BG's that alliance dominates for some reason that is really still unknown to me.

I think the AV advantage has something to do with the bridge choke point leading up to the main alliance base and I've also heard that one of the alliance GY's is a little less accessible and thus easier to defend back near the base.

Either way, most horde just blacklist those two maps because their chances of actually winning them are lower than 50/50.


I wonder if its a case of the better players blacklisting certain BGs that is leading to even worse groups when those pop up as a random. But trying it from the Ally side leveling a different toon a few weeks ago I wasn't seeing the same pattern of losses (same time frame and day, and same level range). I also wonder if due to server and faction population the matchups wind up being different.

My dwarf hunter needs to farm some honor to buy the S13 set for tmogging when that is available, so I'll have to test it them. But that's at 90, so things might be different still.

But it was bad enough this weekend that I won't try with my Orc again until 90. Which stinks because I need the honor for gear, but that was just too brutal. Perhaps I can farm the horde version of the Domination point mobs for honor. If they aren't being camped, that's an easy 750 honor per hour if I get all three.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Chunes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am

halabar wrote:I wonder if its a case of the better players blacklisting certain BGs that is leading to even worse groups when those pop up as a random. But trying it from the Ally side leveling a different toon a few weeks ago I wasn't seeing the same pattern of losses (same time frame and day, and same level range). I also wonder if due to server and faction population the matchups wind up being different.

My dwarf hunter needs to farm some honor to buy the S13 set for tmogging when that is available, so I'll have to test it them. But that's at 90, so things might be different still.

But it was bad enough this weekend that I won't try with my Orc again until 90. Which stinks because I need the honor for gear, but that was just too brutal. Perhaps I can farm the horde version of the Domination point mobs for honor. If they aren't being camped, that's an easy 750 honor per hour if I get all three.


Yeah I'm sure it's a YMMV kind of thing regarding AV wins on either faction. Whenever I log in in the evenings and check the scoreboard on oQueue, IoC and AV are the only two in the blue while literally every other BG is at least somewhat in the red, indicating horde winning more overall (at least as far as oQueue can see.)

Farming the elites as horde is cake and I definitely did that to get quick honor gear on my DK. The priest NPC is somewhat bugged though in that she almost never leaves her little tent. There's some sort of pathing issue with her character model that's never really been sorted out. DK's can't even grip her out. All that means though is that you'll need to clear out the little area by her before you engage. Still though, hunters have by far the easiest time soloing those npc's so it should be really easy for you to farm them, provided someone else isn't there farming them first.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Dammit Ask Mr Robot...

I start to regem based on their optimization, log out, reload my armory, click optimize again and changes all my hybrid gems to pure haste... wtf!?

Edit: And it keeps doing it! First, it has me in a balanced set of gems, with several hybrids for the red sockets, yellow for the yellow sockets and greens for the blue sockets, I start gemming as such, click reload armory and switches me to pure haste gems. Then I change some gems again, and it changes my serpent eyes to stamina instead of haste!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9735
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Maybe AMR is a secret Blizzard plot to remove money from the economy by making you reforge and regem even after following its advice!
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Qeeze » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

Fenrìr wrote:Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.


Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.
Image
Qeeze
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 am

Chunes wrote:
halabar wrote:Since when did horde start sucking so terribly bad at AV, and all leveling BGs in general? 20 or so BGs this weekend, 1 win. Not to mention the hackers in IoC, where the alliance had capped all the resources before the gates opened...


AV and IoC are pretty much the only BG's that alliance dominates for some reason that is really still unknown to me.

I think the AV advantage has something to do with the bridge choke point leading up to the main alliance base and I've also heard that one of the alliance GY's is a little less accessible and thus easier to defend back near the base.

Either way, most horde just blacklist those two maps because their chances of actually winning them are lower than 50/50.

Interesting, because during Cataclysm the Horde started totally dominating AV in my experience. They'd get the Alliance trapped behind the chokepoint at Icewing and just farm kills. I haven't PvPed much since MoP launched, though.

(Although generally, the most important factor is if the Alliance cap Iceblood GY. If they cap Iceblood at the start, the Horde spawn south of the main Alliance group and push them back north; if the Alliance ignore it, they're south of the Horde's spawn point by the time people start dying.)
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 5215
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 am

Am I the only one who likes AV/IoC just for the zergy nature and hates 10 men bgs? (Expecially warsong and twin)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9205
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:45 am

I'm okay with AV, don't like IoC. I used to like AB the most, then when I was PvPing a lot I started to like WSG.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 5215
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:10 am

What's so cool in Wsg when with pugs you pretty much always get stuck with 0-0 for 20-30 minutes with both flags at opponent's base?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9205
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:48 am

Ha, it's not all that bad. I either go for flag running or defence, both can be fun. If you've got a lot of midfighting and only small groups are attacking/defending at a time, it tends to work out better.

Playing a prot paladin, it helps if you enjoy just stunning/silencing/annoying the hell of out attackers.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 5215
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 am

I have no PvP gear right now and likely no will to farm it.
It's excessively frustrating to be more or less 2shot by any DPS class.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9205
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 am

Don't really need PvP gear now a days with the base resil. I run 1/2 PvP and 1/2 PvE just for the extra dmg but can easily just run straight PvE for insane damage.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:26 am

I really dislike both of the pvp "mega maps" simply because they're just base races with little complex strategy in play these days.

AV, you just steamroll towers and zerg the raid boss as fast as you can. IoC much the same. Cap an objective then zerg the fortress. Both sides zerg equally hard, but for some reason, statistically, alliance seems to do better on them than horde overall. There was a petition at one point to "flip" AV so horde spawns at alliance and vice versa just to see if it was a fluke that alliance won more often than not, but of course that never happened. Still, I'd be curious to see what the result would be.

Personally, I think WSG and AB are two of the more balanced maps and it really just comes down to overall team coordination and skill on those maps. Twin peaks is pretty fun too in my experience. A lot of people hate on strand, but I actually really enjoy that map most times when people focus on killing/snaring the sieges rather than getting distracted padding their KDR
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 am

To Quote one of my favorite movies of all time, which puts my feelings about the past few weeks at work into perspective.

"I'm tired of this Nickel and Dime Shit."
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5075
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

Qeeze wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Yea...I sort of don't go to AMR anymore.


Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.


I use AMR as a reference, but never to do my reforging math. I use ReforgeLite for that.

AMR is best as a gear comparison list, but you always have to remember that it essentially overvalues hit and expertise for any dps class, and it will make you do wild swings after each piece of gear changes. But some of the new features, like "best in bag" are useful, especially if you are trying to decide on tier vs offset, etc. Especially with valor upgrades, that math can be a mess.

Just don't use it for reforging math, but you can use it as a sanity check for that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 am

Qeeze wrote:Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Qeeze wrote:Why anyone trusts that site is a mystery to me.


Again, it's how you use it.

I've seen the interactions with the AMR developers and the theorycrafters from other communities, and they really do try to get it right, and run plenty of sims themselves. Of course, no everyone agrees. What I think is a weak point is when they don't have a viable theorycrafting community to balance against. (There really isn't one for hunters at the moment).

That said, the best route still seems to be using ReforgeLite, and using AMR as a gear guide and sanity check.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm

I just wish AMR wasnt so schizophrenic. You can have the same weights and every time you press the Optimize, it can give you a different result.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9735
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I've never seen it like that; it tends to be pretty consistent for me with my custom weights. The only time it changes something if my weights haven't changed is if my gear changes move the amount of hit/exp.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 5215
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 pm

More Mass Effect 1 frustrations... I was tired of the dialogue options, so I spent 6 points to max out Charm for my current level, yet the dialogue option is still greyed out? :/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Era wrote:More Mass Effect 1 frustrations... I was tired of the dialogue options, so I spent 6 points to max out Charm for my current level, yet the dialogue option is still greyed out? :/


I think that's because you're still not "paragon-y" or "renegady" enough for whatever option you're going for.

Isn't the "charm" thing you're talking about just an overall modifier towards your pargon/renegade value for conversations?

been years since I played ME1, I could be wrong.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm

I don't know, the game hasn't given me much information on the subject. :( The talent tree option says that charm and intimidate unlocks new dialogue options, and that paragon/renegande and spectre levels will unlock more charm and intimidate ranks. But doesn't say anything about having to have a certain paragon/renegade values to use it, or spectre for that matter. :/

It does sound like a reasonable explanation though, I just wish the game would've told me before I pointlessly threw 6 ranks into the trait...
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm

iirc charm is always a good choice universally, any game ever in the history of games. So no worries there. You'll get more paragon/renegade stat as you progress through the game and lean more one way or the other.

I don't remember of ME1 had a zero sum paragon/renegade system, where you could only be one or the other. I thought ME2 let you build either as you went. You may have to play around with it.

I went full paragon on my first playthrough and I don't remember there being any paragon options that were locked from me after about 1/3 - 1/2 way through the game. Renegade was often greyed out for me though as I progressed.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 pm

ME2 and 3 allowed you to build both up, but of course things could be locked out, such as smoothing over ruffled feathers after loyalty missions, if you mixed it up too much and could wreck your play through with the last mission results.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest