Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:50 pm

i find it amazing how i can go through 2 sets of $75 dollar headphones in less than 3 months, yet the fucking cheap ass $20 ones can last me over a year each

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:53 pm

bldavis wrote:i find it amazing how i can go through 2 sets of $75 dollar headphones in less than 3 months, yet the fucking cheap ass $20 ones can last me over a year each

sometimes you don't actually get what you pay for... well, unless you count maybe a fancy box and logo. ;)

Seriously though, I feel with certain types of consumer electronics, you have to actually get to a pretty high price-point before a real quality/craftsmanship difference is discernible. And even then, it's not a guarantee.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:02 pm

bldavis wrote:i find it amazing how i can go through 2 sets of $75 dollar headphones in less than 3 months, yet the fucking cheap ass $20 ones can last me over a year each

Don't get the ones with an in-line volume control. That's the bit that breaks the most often with me (and they are always unfixable because of the way they are wired up).
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Era » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:13 pm

benebarba wrote:Welcome to the weirdness that is trying to automate roleplay. Neverwinter Nights back in the day had the same problem (at least in the official campaign).

Seriously, I've just gone back to P&P for my roleplay fix because of it :P

I felt like NWN did a better job, though I guess one could argue that having a more pure good/neutral/evil system is easier than ME1's system, which like Nooska says is a bit more situational. With that being said, I wasn't nearly as critical of these things ten years ago (or however long it's been). :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Fetzie wrote:

Don't get the ones with an in-line volume control. That's the bit that breaks the most often with me (and they are always unfixable because of the way they are wired up).

htat is never the issue...my issue is always shit breaking, or wires coming loose

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:04 pm

My mic broke today too! Interesting. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:57 pm

RL stress, plus raider annoyances got the better of me and i now have a possible dislocated pinky (and ring finger)...
fairly sure its not broke, as i can move it without much extra pain, but it still hurts like hell
Last edited by bldavis on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

bldavis

Postby Amirya » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:03 am

So I know you tend to nerdrage throw your headset, now are you nerdrage punching walls or something?

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 am

Amirya wrote:So I know you tend to nerdrage throw your headset, now are you nerdrage punching walls or something?

:shock: :?

*clears throat*

:oops:

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 am

It's ok, I have a friend who once after not winning a loot in LFR threw his keyboard on the wall and pretty much destroyed it. We were on skype so I heard the sound.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 am

i havent done that...
esp not in LFR

bldavis

Postby Era » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:34 am

People who break their own stuff in rage always fascinate me. Have a friend who, in rage at dying for the n'th time at some boss, threw his Xbox controller at his TV, which then broke and collapsed the shelf it was on, crushing the Xbox and PS2 sitting beneath it (good old CRT TVs). It was hilarious and tragic at the same time.
Last edited by Era on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 pm

We lost Undying at Kel'thuzad with the boss at 2%. The guy who died (to a void-zone of all things) trashed a cupboard.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Since when did horde start sucking so terribly bad at AV, and all leveling BGs in general? 20 or so BGs this weekend, 1 win. Not to mention the hackers in IoC, where the alliance had capped all the resources before the gates opened...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 pm

I don't know, my faction seembs to lose BGs all the time I'm in, so I realized it's not my faction that sucks but just me being so bad they can't carry me ^_^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 am

I never was very good at BGs. Had a pretty good run in Arenas, but BGs never quite worked out for me. Though, at some point I figured out I had a knack for brutalizing flag carriers though, so I took it upon myself to make their lives hell. :lol: What class/spec do you PvP as? Shadow priest?
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 am

Does it matter? I fail at all of em XD

The only class I ever was good at playing in PvP was Holy Pala in Wotlk. Well, they were pretty OP back then so that's likely why :lol:

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 am

My faithful 5 year old laptop graphic card died.

RIP GeForce 9600M GT, you served me well through Europe travels, heat and cold.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:36 am

Always sad when hardware dies. :(
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:37 am

It shall have a proper funeral.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 am

I tried a few more BGs late last night, and it was still utter fail, and i got so pissed I was gonna Bldavis my keyboard, but then I realized that might hurt, and then I began to wonder if I Worldied the BG when I moved my Orc hunter, so then I said screw it and just Flexed the miserable dolts in /I until the BG ended.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:10 am

halabar wrote:I tried a few more BGs late last night, and it was still utter fail, and i got so pissed I was gonna Bldavis my keyboard, but then I realized that might hurt, and then I began to wonder if I Worldied the BG when I moved my Orc hunter, so then I said screw it and just Flexed the miserable dolts in /I until the BG ended.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bldavis

Postby Era » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 am

halabar wrote:I tried a few more BGs late last night, and it was still utter fail, and i got so pissed I was gonna Bldavis my keyboard, but then I realized that might hurt, and then I began to wonder if I Worldied the BG when I moved my Orc hunter, so then I said screw it and just Flexed the miserable dolts in /I until the BG ended.

That's hilarious. :lol:
Era

Postby Chunes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:09 am

halabar wrote:Since when did horde start sucking so terribly bad at AV, and all leveling BGs in general? 20 or so BGs this weekend, 1 win. Not to mention the hackers in IoC, where the alliance had capped all the resources before the gates opened...

AV and IoC are pretty much the only BG's that alliance dominates for some reason that is really still unknown to me.

I think the AV advantage has something to do with the bridge choke point leading up to the main alliance base and I've also heard that one of the alliance GY's is a little less accessible and thus easier to defend back near the base.

Either way, most horde just blacklist those two maps because their chances of actually winning them are lower than 50/50.
Chunes

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 am

there is a fairly good choke point at the GY right before the bridge, where the equivalent horde gy is out in the open

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General