Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Gab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 am

"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law."

-Henry David Thoreau

Local government officials turned a mostly blind eye to the case and school officals helped to blind that eye. As far as I know none of the school officials who interfered in the investigation have been charged to this day. If the goverment is willing to let gang rape of young women happen without a proper inquiry and then let off the criminals who interfered then I applaud anyone that is willing to shed light on the case.

The method that was used to shed that light was illegal and the hacker should be punished. If he does have to serve a harsh sentence then all the better for making his "voice" heard. He becomes another martyr, similar to Aaron Swartz.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 am

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. But it is stupid that the guy is facing 10 years of prison just because he shamed a whole town that preferred to turn a blind eye on a gang rape of a minor just because they love HS football more.

It just smells of retribution by the local authorities at this point.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Gab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:02 am

Klaudandus wrote:I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. But it is stupid that the guy is facing 10 years of prison just because he shamed a whole town that preferred to turn a blind eye on a gang rape of a minor just because they love HS football more.

It just smells of retribution by the local authorities at this point.


Totally agree. If these aren't "mitigating circumstances" then I don't know what are. The punishment should fit the crime and locking up this guy for the maximum penalty would be a major fail of the system.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 am

Should there be a(n) (federal) investigation into the actions of the police in the case? probably (neither the AG nor anyone else has teh investigative and prosecutory initiative).
Should they look at the people that hindered justice? definately
Should the police's lack of action suddenly be mitigating circumstances for vigilantism? no, definately not.

This vigilante broke into peoples data - he found enough to make an exposition, but he didn't just find what he published, he found much more of a lot of other stuff. Anyone has a protection from unwarranted searches (not to mention the protection from selfincrimination) which was broken. True the protections enumerated are protections from governement - but the spirit of the protections should shine through in all circumstances.

This is teh same argument I have in regards to a lot of punishable offenses where objective evidence is very hard to come by - one of the most recognized circumstances is date rape (well rape in definition is problematic, as, as the justice systems base, for rape to be proven, you not only have to prove that the raped person was unwilling, but that the alleged rapist was or should have known this - hence why in most western countries having sex with a sleeping person is not considered rape, but has a seperate penal clause, so as to ease prosecution).

In the western justice systems (which are based on roman justice), you have to prove not only action, but intent for most crimes - this is also the reaosn that there are lower degrees of homicide charges for instance - where you get down to punishing someone for an action alone, but that punishment is lower than if you can prove intent.
It is also the reason that most western systems recognise certain exculpating conditions (like the inability to tell right from wrong - aka insanity, but also being put in such a state through drugs or alcohol, that you did not willingly partake of).
Being unsatisfied with the progress of police is not exculpatory, and never will be. There is a reason the police have rules regarding when to not pursue a case - its called the protection of the people; presumed innocence (while not very hot in this day and age) means that the police has to be able to show cause for anything to stick in court - no randomly searching peoples facebooks for instance to dig for evidence.

Lastly, though an investigation into the police may be warranted, we must remember, that if all those knowledgable deny and lie - there isn't much the police can do. The perfect crime is to have all the witnesses simply lie about what happened, that way there will be reasonable doubt by default. Having presumed innocence and the requirement of cause for actions taken by the investigative may be troublesome, and let some criminals go loose, but the basis for the justices system as inherited by the romans is that its better to let a criminal go free, then to imprison an innocent. (In modern legal philosophy, its usually referred to as 10 criminals vs 1 innocent).
Yes, I know that there is a hard "law and order" segment in most countries, that want to reverse it (basically) - its better to improsn innocents than to let criminals go, but I've yet to find one that holds on to that when presented with accusations that are untrue - just make sure to choose accusations that are hard to defend against, because there is a trend towards having the legal process be about the victim(s) rather than the crime.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 am

Gab wrote:If these aren't "mitigating circumstances" then I don't know what are. The punishment should fit the crime and locking up this guy for the maximum penalty would be a major fail of the system.


There are no mitigating circumstances - however there are no aggravating circumstances (to my knowledge), and the scope of the crime is rather small compared to what the penalty interval is designed for - if the article is about the perpetrator possibly going to jail longer, because the maximum penalty is greater than the actual penalty the convicted footballers got, is a strawman by the article, and if thats so, then it is absolutely made to call for harsher punishment of rape - or trying to call for hacking to be okay.

Either is a politically motivated story, and either is completely unreliable for facts.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Gab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 am

Nooska wrote:
Gab wrote:If these aren't "mitigating circumstances" then I don't know what are. The punishment should fit the crime and locking up this guy for the maximum penalty would be a major fail of the system.


There are no mitigating circumstances - however there are no aggravating circumstances (to my knowledge), and the scope of the crime is rather small compared to what the penalty interval is designed for - if the article is about the perpetrator possibly going to jail longer, because the maximum penalty is greater than the actual penalty the convicted footballers got, is a strawman by the article, and if thats so, then it is absolutely made to call for harsher punishment of rape - or trying to call for hacking to be okay.


Maybe this young man was enraged and in his diminished capacity comitted these heinous crimes of digging up the truth. /shrug
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am

Damn you monolith software!! Why are you making "X" a Wii U exclusive?

*Yeah, I am aware Monolith got bought by Nintendo*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

Over a year since I quit WoW. Abstinences are bad during summer. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am

Era wrote:Over a year since I quit WoW. Abstinences are bad during summer. :(


=/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Era wrote:Over a year since I quit WoW. Abstinences are bad during summer. :(


Someone needs a Rez Scroll. 8)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Not eligible for one! :( Even though I quit ages ago, my subscription ran for a few months after that.

To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft license that has not been active after March 4th, 2012. Only accounts that have been continually inactive since March 4, 2012 are eligible to receive a scroll. A license is considered active when it has game time, whether that time is a paid subscription or free game time.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm

halabar wrote:Quite frustrated about the new MacPro, because of 1) initial price, and 2) the price to expand it. I expect the starting price to be at least $4k, and those fancy TB external storage devices are gonna cost double of what a Firewire device costs. I'll wait till we see actual pricing, but I'm expecting Apple might finally have driven me to a Doghouse. They've taken a enterprise workstation and made it into a niche video/graphics workstation for trendy high-end studios. Fuu....


Initial price wasn't even announced yet it is a frustration. Interesting. Also a Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter is quite cheap, so could do that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Quite frustrated about the new MacPro, because of 1) initial price, and 2) the price to expand it. I expect the starting price to be at least $4k, and those fancy TB external storage devices are gonna cost double of what a Firewire device costs. I'll wait till we see actual pricing, but I'm expecting Apple might finally have driven me to a Doghouse. They've taken a enterprise workstation and made it into a niche video/graphics workstation for trendy high-end studios. Fuu....


Initial price wasn't even announced yet it is a frustration. Interesting. Also a Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter is quite cheap, so could do that.


Based on the GPU and CPU prices that we know, $5k is likely for the base model, unless they cut way back on the specs for that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Get the T15 legs off nalak (yay loot!) realize that now I have WAY too much hit....
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:55 pm

I am unable to tell the difference between Thunderforged and non-Thunderforged items, I don't read past the name basically, so after winning another Fortitude of the Zandalari on a bonus roll I vendored. Luckily I went through the guild news feed and noticed that it had some extra green text.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 am

Klaudandus wrote:Get the T15 legs off nalak (yay loot!) realize that now I have WAY too much hit....


ShadowPan trinkets are a major contributor to that..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am

I dont have hit trinkets, I got exp ones.

But seriously, I was like, OMG, need the T15 522 legs! And then I get them and even after shedding all the hit I can, I'd still at 8.50%
Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 am

Klaudandus wrote:I dont have hit trinkets, I got exp ones.

But seriously, I was like, OMG, need the T15 522 legs! And then I get them and even after shedding all the hit I can, I'd still at 8.50%


Before I got rid of one of the other ShadowPan items and an old weapon, I was sitting at 9.5% with no way to loose some.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 am

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I dont have hit trinkets, I got exp ones.

But seriously, I was like, OMG, need the T15 522 legs! And then I get them and even after shedding all the hit I can, I'd still at 8.50%


Before I got rid of one of the other ShadowPan items and an old weapon, I was sitting at 9.5% with no way to loose some.


A good friend of mine (on his BM hunter) is only at like ilvl 510 or so. He's stuck at about 11% hit and can't get it any lower. :shock:

My ilvl 522 BM-er (not sure how I got it that high doing 4/12 normal a grand total of ONE time) has 7.37% hit/7.6% exp.
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 am

I'm in the same boat. 8.3% hit and not a shit thing I can do about it except what I am doing, saving up for new pants that replace hit for expertise.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 am

Flex wrote:I'm in the same boat. 8.3% hit and not a shit thing I can do about it except what I am doing, saving up for new pants that replace hit for expertise.


Get the trinkets from the first wing of LFR (or normal) to replace that Shadowpan trinket will help... and get the drop bow... so much of the other valor gear has hit.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

this is for my paladin. Fuck my hunter til I'm done with the expansion.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 am

Maybe picking the Hit/Exp chest was not such a smart idea >.>
*It's probably the piece responsible for me having so much hit -- that or the T15 legs*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9727
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 pm

I've been stuck at 11-12% expertise for quite a while now.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 5209
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Back to hunter whining :P

Has anyone tried running Champions of the Thunder King and tank with a pet? My turtle simply couldn't hold aggro on the summoned mobs tonight, and that was with MD and BW and everything. :/

I've never, ever had a problem with it before. Does Growl just not work on those guys or something now?
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest