Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu May 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Mine never came out. Which kind of gives me an excuse to ark like dork or jerkass, depending on the situation, and say I never became wise cuz I never got my wisdom teeth in the first place =P

They can come out rather late.. anywhere from 15 to 35...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Then I shall die before 35! Fuck being wise!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Of course my upper wisdom teeth would start to come in wouldn't they? I mean, it was just last month that my company changed their benefits policy and reduced dental coverage from 90% down to 50%. )#$%&*$#)&%)#

At least those are (usually) the easy ones to get out. Simple tooth extraction is normally fine. Lowers suck - those usually need a trip to the oral surgeon and knockout gas and surgery.

(If it's still too expensive, you can always take those out like my dad threatened to do to us if we got cavities: Tie one end of a string around the tooth, the other around a doorknob. Slam the door. Yes, we all stayed far, far away from the candy!)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Thu May 23, 2013 2:41 pm

I was always told that my tooth would be tied to a lamp post and my dad would bring a red-hot iron closer and closer to my face until I either got my eyeball burned out or I jerked my head away, thus extricating the tooth.

gotta love that guy.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Oh I'm not bothered about the pain. I used to pull out my own child teeth when I was younger because it was fun. And I had an excellent experience with my bottom wisdom teeth. Was flawless and relatively painless - I wasn't put under either, just normal local anesthetic.

I'm more pissed off about the cost difference.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 pm

halabar wrote:
Just make sure you don't take out the wrong tooth... :shock:

(I had 8 wisdom teeth taken out when I was younger, so, yeah...

You're the second person now in the past month that I've ever even heard of having more than more. A coworker of mine has already had six out and her dentist surprised her recently saying she'd need to get another two out.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Beasts of Fable are tough as balls now
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Fri May 24, 2013 5:53 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Chunes wrote:But if that same class-defining ability is pretty damn imbalanced in pvp, it should be ok for that class to be inherently stronger in one area of the game than another?

I don't think that adds up.

Isnt there already a precedence of reworking how some abilities work in pve and how they work in pvp?

Topic necro from like 5 pages back.

I wish I had this bullet point from a dev interview at the time:

AJ interview w/ Holinka/GC wrote:Sam: PvE and PvP changes seem to collide very often, do you guys believe that balancing both may require a lot of specific PvP and PvE only changes? An example would be Find Weakness in 5.3.

Brian: Yes, and when we do it. Find weakness is a great example where PvE needed a buff and it would've cost big problems to PvP. We keep it in mind and Frost bomb is another example. We try not to do it too often, it’s a lot of things to keep track of. We’re the designers and people on Arena Junkies are really passionate players that really keep up on all the changes, but a lot of players are not. To ask our general player base that your spell does this and it does half damage or 25% or something like that, it’s really not something we want to do too often. Especially hey we want eviscerate to hit 10% less on players. That’s really inconsistent and a tough thing. We usually do it when it’s really a significant thing such as Find Weakness is 50% less and Frost bomb is 40% less.

Greg: There’s also this persistent, I’ll just call it a myth, that if we just bite the bullet and make 2 versions of every spell suddenly we’ll have class balance nailed and it’ll never be a problem again. I’m pretty confident if we went ahead and split sub rogues into 2 abilities on every ability with different damage numbers you’ll still see players saying why they can’t just tune down this one ability that’s costing pvp burst problem. In other words players will still want us to make changes even if we have the numbers split up, I don’t think it’ll suddenly make players feel their class is viable in every situation

source:
http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/657-pv ... -patch-53/
Chunes

Postby Shoju » Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:Dear people in other countries who purchase things from me

Stop asking me to lower your value on the customs forms, or to mark it as a gift. I can't. As in. I physically, am not capable of changing the price you paid on the customs form. It is entered into the system by either our website where you placed the order, ebay, or the Order form I use when you call. I can't do it.

Also, It's illegal. And, if I were to be found falsifying customs documents for your $50 order, I could forfeit our license with the government to import, and export government surplus.

Do you know how much that is? I do. It's about fifty thousand a year. And If I lose that license, I can't participate in some of the surplus auctions that I currently purchase from. And I'll lose my job.

So. If you want to pay $50K for the license, and talk with my boss about how you didn't mean to fuck up his business, and represent me in court when I have to go to trial, and pay me my yearly income, and deal with my wife who will be..... F.U.R.I.O.U.S., SURE! I'll falsify your stupid customs form, so you can pay a few dollars less for buying it out of the country.

Otherwise? Shut up, and give me your money.

Of course, most of them won't realize it, as unless there are coming from one of the handful that actually enforce rules, they expect that you like everyone else they know will do side deals, skirt the law, or flat out ignore it.

The ultimate hilarity being that the very license they want me to risk for their side deal, is what allows me to purchase what they are buying from me. Military Surplus doesn't just grow on trees in the back here, where I can prune it off, and sell it to them.
Shoju

Postby Fenrìr » Sun May 26, 2013 10:38 am

Sometimes...more often than not, my wife's feminism irks the living f out of me....
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun May 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Fenrìr wrote:Sometimes...more often than not, my wife's feminism irks the living f out of me....

You misogynistic bastard you! :roll:

Feminism reminds me of "lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good" alignments.

There's the lawful feminists, who seems to dislike the term feminist and tend more towards equality.
Then there's neutral feminist, who focus on equality through the uplifting of women.
Then there's the chaotic feminist, who will MURDER-STAB-CHAINSAW YOUR MAN-BITS OFF at anything less than complete submission.

:P
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fenrìr » Sun May 26, 2013 2:32 pm

She can be all three...but when her mother is around/on the phone, oh man...better head for the hills.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Mon May 27, 2013 12:44 am

I had a couple of teeth extracted yesterday, and was told that once these ones heal, they'll pull out some more on the other half of the mouth. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Era » Mon May 27, 2013 3:01 am

Passionario wrote:I had a couple of teeth extracted yesterday, and was told that once these ones heal, they'll pull out some more on the other half of the mouth. :(

The tooth-people do not be liking maintankadins these days!

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General