Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 am

New PoE patch has rendered my install unplayable. I'm going to monitor the discussions today, and maybe try to reinstall tonight. Ugh... I was so looking forward to playing my new little witch before work this morning.
Shoju

Postby benebarba » Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 am

Newsom wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I have yet to see loot from nalak as protection. I know they had said there was a bug where protection might not get loot from it...supposedly it got fixed but all i get is gold

I got some pvp cloak once!

here isn't where I should mention getting my prot pants and hands from nalak, huh? :P

on the other hand, my times rolling as ret: gold, gold, gold!
benebarba

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 11:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Newsom wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I have yet to see loot from nalak as protection. I know they had said there was a bug where protection might not get loot from it...supposedly it got fixed but all i get is gold

I got some pvp cloak once!

Actually, what pisses me off is that I've only had one meaningful drop from normal raiding this tier. We've not seen the swords or axes or whatever they are, no shields, nothing whatsoever. Whatever upgrades me and my cotank have gotten to our gear has been thru VP purchases for the most part. Nalak hates us both. LFR hates us for the most part. Only one tank piece that has dropped is the helm from horridon.

After bringing my spriest and hunter to Nalak ever since he's been out every week and getting nothing, took my mage there because I was getting my weekly key for charms, Nalak group is forming, and... my failmage gets tier legs... I knew that would happen...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

halabar wrote:After bringing my spriest and hunter to Nalak ever since he's been out every week and getting nothing, took my mage there because I was getting my weekly key for charms, Nalak group is forming, and... my failmage gets tier legs... I knew that would happen...

Yup. My hunter (#2 char) has gotten gloves, twice. Warrior (#3 char) has gotten Prot Gloves and Arms legs. Shaman (main) has gotten, nada, obv. (Using a coin every week, too...)

(Chars #4-6 haven't gotten anything either, but I don't get Nalak with all 6 every week.)

Edit: Any idea on how bad the Exotic Beasts CD reduction thing ended up? There _still_ was no mention of PvE Pet Cooldowns being reduced in the "final" patch notes I looked at last night...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:After bringing my spriest and hunter to Nalak ever since he's been out every week and getting nothing, took my mage there because I was getting my weekly key for charms, Nalak group is forming, and... my failmage gets tier legs... I knew that would happen...

Yup. My hunter (#2 char) has gotten gloves, twice. Warrior (#3 char) has gotten Prot Gloves and Arms legs. Shaman (main) has gotten, nada, obv. (Using a coin every week, too...)

(Chars #4-6 haven't gotten anything either, but I don't get Nalak with all 6 every week.)

Edit: Any idea on how bad the Exotic Beasts CD reduction thing ended up? There _still_ was no mention of PvE Pet Cooldowns being reduced in the "final" patch notes I looked at last night...

The jury is still out until someone can check the Spirit Mend and Rabid cooldowns once servers are back up. Those are the two critical ones. (Note: if they do change Rabid, that will be a buff to SV and MM).

To a lesser extent the debuff pets will be effected, but mostly when you are changing targets enough. If a boar is on one target, even with the Exotic nerf, it should still keep the bleed up. Multi-target will be a problem. (Some of the buffs/debuffs are AoE, so it gets more complicated with range and movement).

Still not happy about a PVP nerf of PVE abilities.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue May 21, 2013 12:32 pm

halabar wrote:The jury is still out until someone can check the Spirit Mend and Rabid cooldowns once servers are back up. Those are the two critical ones. (Note: if they do change Rabid, that will be a buff to SV and MM).

To a lesser extent the debuff pets will be effected, but mostly when you are changing targets enough. If a boar is on one target, even with the Exotic nerf, it should still keep the bleed up. Multi-target will be a problem. (Some of the buffs/debuffs are AoE, so it gets more complicated with range and movement).

Still not happy about a PVP nerf of PVE abilities.

*nod*

The big ones for me are Rabid, Spirit Mend and Dust Cloud. Got into a ToT with my hunter as a PuG the other day, and they specifically asked me if I had a Tallstrider for Horridon. (Which I do, I keep it on me at all times. *laugh*) I've seen the Windserpent/Dragonhawk pet used quite a bit for the spell damage taken debuff as well, and that the base CD on it is 30 seconds...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Tue May 21, 2013 12:37 pm

halabar wrote:Still not happy about a PVP nerf of PVE abilities.

haha you act like pve has the monopoly on skill balance priority.

(it doesn't)
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Chunes wrote:
halabar wrote:Still not happy about a PVP nerf of PVE abilities.

haha you act like pve has the monopoly on skill balance priority.

(it doesn't)

When the core talent of a spec is gutted as a knee-jerk PVP fix, that sucks, regardless of the class. The defining BM talent is now about pretty pixels and a few extra buffs/utilities.

halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 pm

But if that same class-defining ability is pretty damn imbalanced in pvp, it should be ok for that class to be inherently stronger in one area of the game than another?

I don't think that adds up.
Chunes

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Chunes wrote:But if that same class-defining ability is pretty damn imbalanced in pvp, it should be ok for that class to be inherently stronger in one area of the game than another?

Isnt there already a precedence of reworking how some abilities work in pve and how they work in pvp?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Chunes wrote:But if that same class-defining ability is pretty damn imbalanced in pvp, it should be ok for that class to be inherently stronger in one area of the game than another?

Wow, some hunter must have touched you in a bad place...

Besides that...

If something was OP and needed to be corrected, that's fine. But when that spec defining talent is nerfed repeatedly for the sake of PVP, and nothing is added to replace what taken away, that's the problem. If they had replaced the function with something else, I'd be much more agreeable to the change. (Remember, this isn't a talent getting nerfed where you can just go pick something else on the tier instead).

Let's remove the stats/utility from runeforging, but not allow DKs to use normal enchants. Seems to be on the same level.

halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

@klaud

I'm sure there is, but there's also a lot of precedent for favoring uniform changes in favor of making custom exceptions that require each spell be split into a pve and pvp form.

Blizz's leit motif of late has been "we don't have enough resources to do all the shit you want us to do" so I'm betting a flat nerf caused by pvp that affects pve falls into this category.

Not saying that's ideal for the players, otherwise hala wouldn't be frustrated, but unless they revamp the back end spell coding to have 2 flavors for every spell "so as to have more knobs to turn" to use a frequent phrase the CM's say, then it starts to get pretty cumbersome to doublecode everything.

Or hell, maybe that system already exists and they just don't want to maintain two different versions of a spell.

@hala

Yes, hunters routinely are a fucking pain in the ass due to their, honestly, way overloaded kit in pvp. If the change hurts them in pve flavor wise, yeah they need to account for that, but it's pretty stupid the level of shit hunters are capable of in pvp right now and it's good they're being changed.
Chunes

Postby Flex » Tue May 21, 2013 1:01 pm

halabar wrote:But when that spec defining talent is nerfed repeatedly for the sake of PVP, and nothing is added to replace what taken away, that's the problem

Why does anything need to be added when they took steps to make sure the key PvE spells had their cooldowns reduced?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Flex wrote:Why does anything need to be added when they took steps to make sure the key PvE spells had their cooldowns reduced?

Ok, I've been on the server for 1 minute now.

Growl: Not reduced (8s still)
Dust Cloud (Tallstrider): Not reduced (25s still)
Spirit Mend: Reduced to 30s.
Cower: Not reduced (45s still)
Spirit Beast Blessing: Not reduced. (Likely doesn't matter, but should be for completeness)
Burrow Attack: Reduced.
Acid Spit: Not reduced.
Eternal Guardian: Not reduced.
Fearless Roar: Not reduced.
Fire Breath: Not reduced.
Shell Shield: Not reduced.
Last Stand: Not reduced.

Nope. Nothing to worry about at all. :roll:

Edit: On the bright side, BM AoE is just stupid-good now (with blink strikes + new beast cleave). Wow.
Jabari

Postby econ21 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 pm

GTFO not making sounds - I died standing in the fire in a (normal) scenario, for shame.

I had known about the issue before though, so after rezzing disabled blizzard sound effects and could hear GTFO again.

WoW without sound effects is kind of weird though.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General