Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 am

the 6k VP grind is getting halved, iknow at least that one
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

They're also buffing the drops from T14 raids, iirc. The annoying bit is going to be grinding rep - patch 5.3 will be the first one where Wrathion rep doesn't come from the current dailies area.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 am

They also making all T14 raids drop both wisdom and power to even more simplify the gathering if I read the patch notes right.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 am

i think that is what i read too
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 am

1) It was horrifying not to have my ipad for 12 hrs.

2) http://www.smh.com.au/national/mother-c ... 2jeyo.html -- this. >=/

3) Cryptozoid's beta game, Zach Braff, and the Veronica Mars movie KS prove that KS has lost its meaning. I swear that if Nike and Jordan were to go to KS to crowdfund a new shoe, they would get it even though they're both rich beyond reason. I feel bad for the true independent projects that have no chance in hell in Kickstarter because other projects have names attached to them that steal the spotlight from them.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:3) Cryptozoid's beta game, Zach Braff, and the Veronica Mars movie KS prove that KS has lost its meaning. I swear that if Nike and Jordan were to go to KS to crowdfund a new shoe, they would get it even though they're both rich beyond reason. I feel bad for the true independent projects that have no chance in hell in Kickstarter because other projects have names attached to them that steal the spotlight from them.


Wait... kickstarter had meaning beyond people convincing random strangers to give them loads of money?
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 am

Kickstarter recently came out saying that people who signed up to donate to the Veronica Mars and Zach Braff Kickstarters (as their first ever donation on the site) actually went on to contribute over $400,000 to other projects.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 am

The whole thing just pisses me off. As an example, a local artist was trying to get his graphic novel published, he listed the projected expenses and such in the page, was only asking for 4.5K -- and didn't make it.

On the other hand, this artist, who is associated with DC, got crowdfunded for many times the amount, for his own graphic novel.

It just pisses me off that, like I said, big names are stealing the spotlight, and the stupid people that fund them in the first place.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am

Klaudandus wrote:The whole thing just pisses me off. As an example, a local artist was trying to get his graphic novel published, he listed the projected expenses and such in the page, was only asking for 4.5K -- and didn't make it.

On the other hand, this artist, who is associated with DC, got crowdfunded for many times the amount, for his own graphic novel.

It just pisses me off that, like I said, big names are stealing the spotlight, and the stupid people that fund them in the first place.


Well, remember - just because they are associated (as in have done work for in the past) with a big company doesn't mean they can just demand cash for a project whenever they want. Some can, sure, but certainly not all. This pretty much goes for any industry.

For example, I know of a rather famous sci-fi author who did a kickstarter for a videogame, essentially unrelated to anything he'd done previously. Did his name help? Yeah, probably. But you know what probably helped more? His talent.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 am

Well, yeah, but it is easier to ask for funds since he already has the social networking in place, from his association with DC.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 am

Seriously... Just look at the concept: you get a bazillion projects, some zany, some "dark horses", some purely "for the lulz", and some clear winners.

Victory is determined by popular vote via a paid channel, and a subculture has developped around the concept of supporting "the right candidate".

If you disregard the fact that multiple winners can arise, you've basically defined a competitive reality show. Is it at all surprising that the ability to create hype is paramount?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby twinkfist » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 am

The New Nova from Marvel Now! I don't like that character at all...and it's irritating that they won't bring back Richard Rider as the real Nova.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 am

Sagara wrote:Seriously... Just look at the concept: you get a bazillion projects, some zany, some "dark horses", some purely "for the lulz", and some clear winners.

Victory is determined by popular vote via a paid channel, and a subculture has developped around the concept of supporting "the right candidate".

If you disregard the fact that multiple winners can arise, you've basically defined a competitive reality show. Is it at all surprising that the ability to create hype is paramount?


And let's not forget that the proper management of hype goes by another name in established industries: marketing.

And it's *definitely* important.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 7:03 am

Klaudandus wrote:Well, yeah, but it is easier to ask for funds since he already has the social networking in place, from his association with DC.


Sure, but don't make the mistake in thinking that because he published with DC that he can walk up to them and say 'Give me <insert random number here> for this thing I came up with, with no strings, because I say it'll be awesome.'
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 am

If a project isn't able to gain enough attention or interest to fund, it's not because there are other projects in the news - it's because they weren't able to get enough attention or interest to fund*. If mass media weren't talking about the really big projects, they wouldn't fill that space talking about nobodies who aren't able to get that kind of attention, they'd just talk about something entirely different. The big projects draw attention to the business model and draw more people into the funding ecosystem.

If I was to pay $30 to the Veronica Mars kickstarter (I didn't, in the end), it'd be because I like Veronica Mars, not because I had $30 to give to a Kickstarter project and that's the one I saw first.


*This is not to say anything of whether they deserved funding or not.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 am

MoP has finally put the dagger in Lurkers-Terenas.
Looks like they will be moving / absorbed into another guild they have been friendly with since Vanilla.

Just lost too much momentum with the losses at the end of Cataclysm.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5064
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 am

benebarba wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Well, yeah, but it is easier to ask for funds since he already has the social networking in place, from his association with DC.


Sure, but don't make the mistake in thinking that because he published with DC that he can walk up to them and say 'Give me <insert random number here> for this thing I came up with, with no strings, because I say it'll be awesome.'


It isn't like comics artists/writers are hugely wealthy either since they are contract work for hire people most of the time. They may live comfortably but may not be able to afford to invest 100% of the funds needed to get the project moving. Add in that creator owned work is incredibly difficult to do within the confines of a big publishers, lots of risk for little reward after all, which is why big industry people like Gail Simone and Jimmy Palmiotti moved to Kickstarter for creator owned works. Both of them also regularly re-tweet Kickstarter pleas by young indie comics people all the time to help spread the love.
Last edited by Flex on Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am

this comic-related kickstarter reminded me: Kid Beowulf... check it out. Chatted with the artist this past weekend. Fun idea for a comic, and I like the guy's art.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby JoeBravo » Tue May 14, 2013 11:28 am

lost a dps again, so with exams going on a lot of cancelled raids >_<
Need fresh recruits :(
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am

Shoju wrote:MoP has finally put the dagger in Lurkers-Terenas.
Looks like they will be moving / absorbed into another guild they have been friendly with since Vanilla.

Just lost too much momentum with the losses at the end of Cataclysm.


D3 killed Lurkers long before MoP did.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Apple Configurator.

Would it hurt them if their gui would display percentages and etas?

I seriously hate apple.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Apple Configurator.

Would it hurt them if their gui would display percentages and etas?

I seriously hate apple.


http://xkcd.com/612/
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue May 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Apple Configurator.

Would it hurt them if their gui would display percentages and etas?

I seriously hate apple.


Sorry, they are too busy working on that new MacPro. Oh.. wait.. errm.. iOS7?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Tue May 14, 2013 1:41 pm

JoeBravo wrote:lost a dps again, so with exams going on a lot of cancelled raids >_<
Need fresh recruits :(


I know it's evil, and honestly, I'm a bit bummed, but it had to be done:

*coughs*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Apple Configurator.

Would it hurt them if their gui would display percentages and etas?

I seriously hate apple.


http://xkcd.com/612/


Better than a pie chart that is seemingly stuck at 90% for two hours.

Seriously, the apple configurator progress pie chart goes something like this

5% - starts downloading new IOS
15% - starts decompressing the IOS
35% - starts installing IOS
45% - starts checking supervision pairing with macbook
jumps to 90% - start installing apps
95% - start installing configuration profiles.

guess which step takes forever? the app installations -- and of course, it doesnt tell you how long its gonna take.

Also, would it hurt apple to give me a replace all option when updated all the apps in bulk and importing them to the apple configurator? One of the carts had 110 or so updates, but when importing them you have to click on the "accept" button for each and every single one when importing.

Not sure why so many people have a hard-on for apple.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest