Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm

horde guild's raid cancelled, so did a random on my 86 warrior tank with a friends mage
get a group with a hunter, a boomkin, and a resto ahaman

first thing i say is im a bit rusty at warriors sorry
hunter proceeds to chain pull everything, shaman is bitching about healing aggro and the druid is barelyt doing anything

shaman bails after the second boss (after claiming i was bad and should reroll, despite me explaining i havent touched that toon as far as tanking since pre-5.1), we get a resto druid

start doing trash between 2nd and 3rd bosses
first set of trash in the boss room, huntard starts kiting it back through the dungeon
boomkin dies from standing in crap, and hunter is still kiting

hunter FINALLY FDs and goes HES INC!!!
kill trash, get everyone up and boss spawns
instantly pulled and every time i try to taunt back, distracting shot, growl, basically every trick in this huntards book to keep aggro

after we wipe at 80% i decide fuck it not dealing with it anymore..

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Mon May 13, 2013 11:52 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:Realizing that the legendary quest chain will be a royal pain if not impossible once my lock hits 90....

thats cute, you actually thought you could do it on more than one toon!

Well, hunter and spriest are both collecting in ToT, the lock however... /shudder.

Tecnically the first part is getting easier in 5.3, no idea how easier though!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 am

the 6k VP grind is getting halved, iknow at least that one

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

They're also buffing the drops from T14 raids, iirc. The annoying bit is going to be grinding rep - patch 5.3 will be the first one where Wrathion rep doesn't come from the current dailies area.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 am

They also making all T14 raids drop both wisdom and power to even more simplify the gathering if I read the patch notes right.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 am

i think that is what i read too

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 am

1) It was horrifying not to have my ipad for 12 hrs.

2) http://www.smh.com.au/national/mother-c ... 2jeyo.html -- this. >=/

3) Cryptozoid's beta game, Zach Braff, and the Veronica Mars movie KS prove that KS has lost its meaning. I swear that if Nike and Jordan were to go to KS to crowdfund a new shoe, they would get it even though they're both rich beyond reason. I feel bad for the true independent projects that have no chance in hell in Kickstarter because other projects have names attached to them that steal the spotlight from them.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:3) Cryptozoid's beta game, Zach Braff, and the Veronica Mars movie KS prove that KS has lost its meaning. I swear that if Nike and Jordan were to go to KS to crowdfund a new shoe, they would get it even though they're both rich beyond reason. I feel bad for the true independent projects that have no chance in hell in Kickstarter because other projects have names attached to them that steal the spotlight from them.

Wait... kickstarter had meaning beyond people convincing random strangers to give them loads of money?
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 am

Kickstarter recently came out saying that people who signed up to donate to the Veronica Mars and Zach Braff Kickstarters (as their first ever donation on the site) actually went on to contribute over $400,000 to other projects.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 am

The whole thing just pisses me off. As an example, a local artist was trying to get his graphic novel published, he listed the projected expenses and such in the page, was only asking for 4.5K -- and didn't make it.

On the other hand, this artist, who is associated with DC, got crowdfunded for many times the amount, for his own graphic novel.

It just pisses me off that, like I said, big names are stealing the spotlight, and the stupid people that fund them in the first place.
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am

Klaudandus wrote:The whole thing just pisses me off. As an example, a local artist was trying to get his graphic novel published, he listed the projected expenses and such in the page, was only asking for 4.5K -- and didn't make it.

On the other hand, this artist, who is associated with DC, got crowdfunded for many times the amount, for his own graphic novel.

It just pisses me off that, like I said, big names are stealing the spotlight, and the stupid people that fund them in the first place.

Well, remember - just because they are associated (as in have done work for in the past) with a big company doesn't mean they can just demand cash for a project whenever they want. Some can, sure, but certainly not all. This pretty much goes for any industry.

For example, I know of a rather famous sci-fi author who did a kickstarter for a videogame, essentially unrelated to anything he'd done previously. Did his name help? Yeah, probably. But you know what probably helped more? His talent.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 am

Well, yeah, but it is easier to ask for funds since he already has the social networking in place, from his association with DC.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 am

Seriously... Just look at the concept: you get a bazillion projects, some zany, some "dark horses", some purely "for the lulz", and some clear winners.

Victory is determined by popular vote via a paid channel, and a subculture has developped around the concept of supporting "the right candidate".

If you disregard the fact that multiple winners can arise, you've basically defined a competitive reality show. Is it at all surprising that the ability to create hype is paramount?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby twinkfist » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 am

The New Nova from Marvel Now! I don't like that character at all...and it's irritating that they won't bring back Richard Rider as the real Nova.
twinkfist

Postby benebarba » Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 am

Sagara wrote:Seriously... Just look at the concept: you get a bazillion projects, some zany, some "dark horses", some purely "for the lulz", and some clear winners.

Victory is determined by popular vote via a paid channel, and a subculture has developped around the concept of supporting "the right candidate".

If you disregard the fact that multiple winners can arise, you've basically defined a competitive reality show. Is it at all surprising that the ability to create hype is paramount?

And let's not forget that the proper management of hype goes by another name in established industries: marketing.

And it's *definitely* important.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General