Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 am

Wipes. - normal

More on H Jin Rokh - less normal

More on N MEGAERA??? - Holy sweet mother of effing hell!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 06, 2013 4:46 am

Sagara wrote:Wipes. - normal

More on H Jin Rokh - less normal

More on N MEGAERA??? - Holy sweet mother of effing hell!

Should meet my raid group. We wipe every week on normal Jin'rokh and then one shot the bosses after that.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 am

halabar wrote:
Well, not sure about a ret pally.. but...

Leveling my lock right now, and many times if the tank is good I barely get to do anything. I've had made occasions where with a good tank doing the lion's share of the dps stuff will die before I can get a cast off. Also noticed that it's more often tanks that don't bother to loot, and keep moving, so by the time I finish looting, even with AOE looting, they are already on the pack in the next room. And so it goes...

Also realizing that likely until I get to panda content I probably won't be able to optimize my rotation due the the speed at which stuff dies in 5-mans while leveling. I swapped from destro to affliction to see if I could have more of an impact, sofar stuff is still dying before dots even would have to be refreshed...

@ low levels afflic/destro are gimped for that very reason. Stuff doesn't live long enough until you get to pandaria for either of those specs to be worth using in dungeons.

Just go demo, Hand of Guldan 2x, meta, aoe fire aura, ??, profit.

Sub 85 it's just a zergfest anyhow. I wasn't able to start beating tanks in dps until about level 35 or so as demo and that was against my monk tank buddy who was leveling with me, a very competent player. Destro gets competitive in northrend, since that's where the one and only lock in group besides me ever beat me on the meters. Rain of Fire + havoc cleaves puts out some impressive numbers, but demo is significantly easier imo.
Chunes

Postby Nooska » Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 am

Worldie wrote:Guild disbanding.

Again.

Not a joke.

Please someone shoot me IRL.

Thats not humane, a proper euthanization is a lot more humane, here, come lie down on this bed and just relax while you go to sleep :-P
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 am

halabar wrote:
Worldie wrote:As I'm in the process of leveling my 3rd warlock now (after 2 lvl 85s, third is at 71! and all 3 of them are dwarves!) I can give you some suggestions
Affli -> just spam corruption on everything or rain of fire

Well, I'm trying to setup for actually knowing what I'm doing.. but in the 70s today stuff was still dying before the first set of dots wore off..

Hit 80, got in one fail dungeon, but it seems like I might actually get to refresh dots, lol

Well, since I'm only seeing fights actually lasting a reasonable amount of time (couple minutes) by soloing dungeons...

Downside to soloing leveling dungeons: holy hell some of the later classic dungeons are big and swamped with trash packs. I'd forgotten how much of a pain Zul'Farrak and Dire Maul are, though I did figure out how to scoot past most of the packs in Zul'Farrak by wall-climbing. Combined with the reset times, It's tough to sit down for the couple hours it takes to clear some of these places. Oddly it seems the trash packs (3-5 mobs) are harder than the bosses, and I'm pretty sure do more damage.

But I have reinforced that some of the big old dungeons were really cool lore/environment wise but were really not great layouts encounter-wise because they become an exercise in how little trash you *need* to clear (or if you'll just massacre everything but let it take a long time), or how far you need to go to actually get to a boss. Looking back, that seems to be something that's gotten a bit better over time. Say BRD vs Grim Batol.

in the end, now that I'm more comfortable with my monk, maybe I'll start doing groups :P
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 am

While leveling however, trash filled dungeons are much more appealing than the trashs with little or no trash (MoP ones for example).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 8:10 am

Worldie wrote:While leveling however, trash filled dungeons are much more appealing than the trashs with little or no trash (MoP ones for example).

yeah, it's interesting how that works out - when solo, you (generally) don't have the DPS for the trash to really be 'trash', it's really like each group is a mini-boss with no loot. And between the XP, pacing and how it helps to kind of help places seem kind of occupied, it has convinced me that trash is important :P

I think what it really comes down to is that it's kinda lame to run a long distance without anything to do. Even in places like DM and ZF you get this: Some of the areas it ends up just being 'ok, run all the way over there to get to your next thing to do'.
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am

I just got a heroicc with 3 dps all doing sub 15k dps. At level 90. Including a SP who would basically spam VT -> SWP -> Mind Spike. Yes, in that order.
Me and my healer friend just left out of desperation after spending 3 minutes to get the first boss to 50%.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

Worldie wrote:I just got a heroicc with 3 dps all doing sub 15k dps. At level 90. Including a SP who would basically spam VT -> SWP -> Mind Spike. Yes, in that order.
Me and my healer friend just left out of desperation after spending 3 minutes to get the first boss to 50%.

I was in a run like that with a 4/5 group, and to boot the 'slightly above autoattack' DPSer was an unresponsive loot ninja (hunter needing on int gear. We asked if they were just new, nothing). A quick boot later, we just decided to 4 man the rest :P
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

Saw a dk doing less than 14k dps on a tot lfr

However id not kick or leave a 5 man with low dps, mostly because most of the time, they confess they are new and learning.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 am

I'd still wonder HOW they got to level 90 by doing 10k dps. Mobs have 3-400k HP in Pandaria, they would be taking so much damage by fighting mobs for 30+ seconds each.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 am

I wish I could be level 85 with BoA 463/450 weapons forever.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 am

Get home and my internet line has a fault AGAIN. Getting really sick of this.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Mon May 06, 2013 10:27 am

Worldie wrote:I'd still wonder HOW they got to level 90 by doing 10k dps. Mobs have 3-400k HP in Pandaria, they would be taking so much damage by fighting mobs for 30+ seconds each.

While leveling my shadow/disc priest in dungeons the other day, we got a rogue that literally did ~1k DPS. All he used was auto-attack.

For a frame of reference, this was Temple of the Jade Serpent. The rest of us were pulling 20k-30k DPS. Including me, as Disc.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby twinkfist » Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 am

i was bored and have not tanked in about two or three months so i decided to run a heroic dungeon. so, i haven't tanked or been in a dungeon in about two to three months.

i did see what everyone was talking about though...i think a rogue and i had around 55k dps or so...then the other two dps were at 13 and 17. it still went pretty fast to be honest...but it was nice...i outhealed the healer.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General