Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 am

Klaudandus wrote:I like matt rossi and anne stickney's articles.... Mostly cuz they deal with lore. Walsh's articles are like a summed up version of the latest theck blog of the week, so id just rather read theck even if it gives me a headache.

Agreed, and I like Theck's writing style more anyway.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 am

Chunes wrote:What is the reasoning behind challenge modes not rewarding gear of substance?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could take your freshly leveled alt into a run as a test of skill, and as a reward for demonstrating that skill, you got a shot at some middle tier (with regard to iLvl) loot tables?

Was a response to "we don't care about the items, we only want the challenge".
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 am

Fetzie wrote:
Chunes wrote:What is the reasoning behind challenge modes not rewarding gear of substance?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could take your freshly leveled alt into a run as a test of skill, and as a reward for demonstrating that skill, you got a shot at some middle tier (with regard to iLvl) loot tables?

Was a response to "we don't care about the items, we only want the challenge".

greatest bluff calling ever, btw :P
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 am

Haha, fickle playerbase is fickle.

You never will be able to please millions all at the same time I suppose.
Chunes

Postby Teranoid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 am

Klaudandus wrote:Not to mention that the playerbase doesnt take the aesthetic reward hook.

Challenge modes are not the big thing they expected it to be, and heroic raiders proved it is not just about the title but also the gear.

Except that's false. Blizzard even stated that more people were doing CMs than they expected and they weren't even designed to be something for everyone to begin with.

It's not huge because most people give up when they realize it actually requires effort and can't be facerolled like heroics.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:09 am

Dont look at me! I was never interested in challenge modes to begin with :p
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 am

Teranoid wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Not to mention that the playerbase doesnt take the aesthetic reward hook.

Challenge modes are not the big thing they expected it to be, and heroic raiders proved it is not just about the title but also the gear.

Except that's false. Blizzard even stated that more people were doing CMs than they expected and they weren't even designed to be something for everyone to begin with.

It's not huge because most people give up when they realize it actually requires effort and can't be facerolled like heroics.

I hadn't heard that bit about CMs exceeding expectations. Still a good bluff-calling though.

Well, and let's be fair: this whole 'heroic' thing in 5-mans really is just a single word to mean 'level 90 only' now (explicitly stated by the devs back before release), as opposed to the old normal/heroic dungeons where stuff actually changed.
benebarba

Postby Winkle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 am

Teranoid wrote:

Didn't you buy your way to victory?
Winkle

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 am

Klaudandus wrote:Dont look at me! I was never interested in challenge modes to begin with :p

I was, but then again I was interested in raiding too... and that didn't turn out so great in the long run :P
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 am

Winkle wrote:
Teranoid wrote:

Didn't you buy your way to victory?

And that has what to do with my post exactly?
Teranoid

Postby Winkle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 am

That there's already significant enough reward that people are willing to pay for it. In fact i'd argue the transmog sets have more longevity and worth than gear would, since at 463 ilvl what gear would the x-mode actually reward?
Winkle

Postby Teranoid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 am

I wouldn't consider myself part of a general populous that would pay 200k for xmog gear, a mount and some achievements. I've spent ridiculous amounts of gold on the dumbest things but yeah it's really no different than people who buy raid titles and stuff I suppose.
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 am

Teranoid wrote:I wouldn't consider myself part of a general populous that would pay 200k for xmog gear, a mount and some achievements. I've spent ridiculous amounts of gold on the dumbest things but yeah it's really no different than people who buy raid titles and stuff I suppose.

well, and presumably, unlike a raid that's been overgeared and on farm for months, I'd imagine you have to be able to carry a fair amount of the weight.
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 am

Dear winter storms that keep happening in the middle of spring,

Please kindly fuck off back to canada or wherever you're coming from.

Thank you,

An Annoyed Colorado Resident.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 am

Winkle wrote:That there's already significant enough reward that people are willing to pay for it. In fact i'd argue the transmog sets have more longevity and worth than gear would, since at 463 ilvl what gear would the x-mode actually reward?

IF you're a class with a decent looking Challenge mode set. Hunter set is fugly (then again, every hunter set for the past 2+ years has been fugly except for a few conquest sets that I likely won't get).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General