Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 am

Nooska wrote:^^
Also, people that when asked to repeat themselves say something else (try to say it in another way) - one is not dumb because one has a hearing impairment (in my case several severe inner ear infections the first couple of years of my life) - please just repeat what you said - don't rephrase it, that just makes it even harder to find out what you said (and don't cover your mouth, I do actually lip read! even though I can't rely on lipreading alone)

In my martial arts training, I've worked with a few different folks with different levels of hearing impairment. It's amazing how often people apparently do the sort of thing you guys describe, and how things as simple as speaking clearly, repeating the same thing you said if asked, and perhaps *slightly* louder than normal (this varies-the others seem more useful, since if you yell it can make it even less clear) can really make things easier.
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 am

Chunes

Postby culhag » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am

Nooska wrote:Also, people that when asked to repeat themselves say something else (try to say it in another way) - one is not dumb because one has a hearing impairment

I sometimes do that, not because I think the other is dumb, but because I figure I could have phrased my thoughts better.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 am

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/30/gear-gone/#continued

Like so many wow-insider opinion articles, I can't help but feel like they never really bothered to bounce the idea of someone whose opinion they *didn't* know (or agree with).

Seriously, that just came off like it's time for him to play a new game.
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 am

I think the writer has some good points, but it will never really happen. WoW’s too set in its ways and the paradigm of crystallizing your time and effort into purps (i.e. increased stats) will likely never change significantly.

The change would just be too drastic for the bulk of the playerbase to understand, adapt and adjust to. It’s almost baked into your brain when playing wow, you kill things to get gear, to kill more difficult things. If they removed that, I think a lot of players would feel lost.

Now, if a new game came out that sported this sort of system that the author is getting at, I could get behind it in a heartbeat.
Chunes

Postby Teranoid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am

I love how he's talking about radically changing an almost 9 year old game. Should have thought of this in 2007 buddy.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am

Not to mention that the playerbase doesnt take the aesthetic reward hook.

Challenge modes are not the big thing they expected it to be, and heroic raiders proved it is not just about the title but also the gear.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 am

That is a terrible article on so many levels. It's written more as a forum post, full of misspellings, grammar errors, and even a few thoughts that aren't fully fleshed out. Does this guy get paid to write this? I'm sure I could turn in articles of at least that quality on a daily basis.
Shoju

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am

Shoju wrote:That is a terrible article on so many levels. It's written more as a forum post, full of misspellings, grammar errors, and even a few thoughts that aren't fully fleshed out. Does this guy get paid to write this? I'm sure I could turn in articles of at least that quality on a daily basis.

I think that's the managing editor's article...
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 am

What is the reasoning behind challenge modes not rewarding gear of substance?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could take your freshly leveled alt into a run as a test of skill, and as a reward for demonstrating that skill, you got a shot at some middle tier (with regard to iLvl) loot tables?
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 am

Chunes wrote:What is the reasoning behind challenge modes not rewarding gear of substance?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could take your freshly leveled alt into a run as a test of skill, and as a reward for demonstrating that skill, you got a shot at some middle tier (with regard to iLvl) loot tables?

Raiders not wanting to be forced to do 5-mans.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 am

I like matt rossi and anne stickney's articles.... Mostly cuz they deal with lore. Walsh's articles are like a summed up version of the latest theck blog of the week, so id just rather read theck even if it gives me a headache.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 am

benebarba wrote:
Chunes wrote:What is the reasoning behind challenge modes not rewarding gear of substance?

Raiders not wanting to be forced to do 5-mans.

Which is the same reason they decried the evils of lfr.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General