Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah, I understood what you meant. Just think its sad that aol would rather have wow.com as a generic search page than a link to wow.joystiq.com
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:50 pm

AOL doesn't understand the interweb.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Chunes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:skinny jeans...

I recently swapped out my boot cuts for straights of the skinnier variety simply because where I live, the boot cuts have just plain gone out of style.

you just get used to them after a week or so.

Realizing I have to wear my boots OVER my jeans is a pretty bracing concept. I'm like years behind on this trend anyway... women have been doing this to be fashionable for like ten years now and I'm only suddenly being forced to jump on the bandwagon. That being said, I'm not overly convinced that skinny style is appropriate for my body type (heavier thighs and hips) tends to make the legs look like sausage rolls. I'm okayish with this style now... but 45 pounds ago... hellz no that shit is NOT flattering.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:37 pm

If it makes you feel any better I bought a pair of skinny jeans the other week. They look like straight leg. Honestly no one has realised they're meant to be skinny except for the partner that saw them in my wardrobe (on my floor because 20something male) and the friend that was with me when I bought them.

Forever stuck with boot cut or straight leg.
Levantine

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Chunes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:skinny jeans...

I recently swapped out my boot cuts for straights of the skinnier variety simply because where I live, the boot cuts have just plain gone out of style.

you just get used to them after a week or so.

Realizing I have to wear my boots OVER my jeans is a pretty bracing concept. I'm like years behind on this trend anyway... women have been doing this to be fashionable for like ten years now and I'm only suddenly being forced to jump on the bandwagon. That being said, I'm not overly convinced that skinny style is appropriate for my body type (heavier thighs and hips) tends to make the legs look like sausage rolls. I'm okayish with this style now... but 45 pounds ago... hellz no that shit is NOT flattering.

You wear boots over your jeans?

Wait, you can wear boots?

My calves are just muscular/shaped enough that I can't wear any boots that extend beyond the ankle. But I generally am not bothered by it, because I don't find elevated heels to be comfortable. Athletic shoes and flats all the way.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

with my leg size/shape i would never be able to pull off skinny jeans even if i wanted to
there is a reason i stick with boot cut or baggy jeans

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 am

Tried to do the two bosses before Lei Shen again in LFR, but just got Lei Shen again. Decided to stick it out, despite being valor capped. Apparently, according to my co-tank, I'm a retard for not letting every pylon get to 90%. I was following the Icy Veins approach - leave the first pylon, the one you want disabling, at around 80-90%; leave the others around 60-70%. I can't see how you can get them all to 90% and guarantee the first one is disabled, unless you let it level up. But I've not done the fight on normal, so I am not sure.

I used to think that Lei Shen wipes were the fault of tanks, but now I suspect it's often more general raid issues. You kill the boss with 6 stacks of determination, not because the tanks start playing better but because the raid performance is magnified by 30%. The 6 wipes before were usually not due to tanking mistakes.
econ21

Postby Bellanka » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 am

econ21 wrote:Tried to do the two bosses before Lei Shen again in LFR, but just got Lei Shen again. Decided to stick it out, despite being valor capped. Apparently, according to my co-tank, I'm a retard for not letting every pylon get to 90%. I was following the Icy Veins approach - leave the first pylon, the one you want disabling, at around 80-90%; leave the others around 60-70%. I can't see how you can get them all to 90% and guarantee the first one is disabled, unless you let it level up. But I've not done the fight on normal, so I am not sure.

I used to think that Lei Shen wipes were the fault of tanks, but now I suspect it's often more general raid issues. You kill the boss with 6 stacks of determination, not because the tanks start playing better but because the raid performance is magnified by 30%. The 6 wipes before were usually not due to tanking mistakes.

If DPS is REALLY low I like to hold him between conduits and leave him there for a count of 15, then pull him back into the conduit. That boss usually takes so much micromanagement I almost feel like I'm raiding in BC again.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 am

The way I've seen it done lately is charge as close as possible to full on the first pillar (the difussion one) and then the other ones to 70 as it has been mentioned, once the fourth pillar is done is drag Lei Shen to the center and eat the AOE until you push him to P2.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 am

Amirya wrote:You wear boots over your jeans?

Wait, you can wear boots?

My calves are just muscular/shaped enough that I can't wear any boots that extend beyond the ankle. But I generally am not bothered by it, because I don't find elevated heels to be comfortable. Athletic shoes and flats all the way.

Well these come up to my calves and fit over pants: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/clearan ... 5-batun/97

I've got a bunch of knee highs that are stowed away somewhere too. But yeah, I love boots.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 am

bldavis wrote:with my leg size/shape i would never be able to pull off skinny jeans even if i wanted to
there is a reason i stick with boot cut or baggy jeans

Bah, pants are so passe.

:P
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 am

Bene prefers going commando?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 am

People who get mad at me, or frustrated when I ask them to repeat themselves, yet know that I am at some degree hearing impaired. It's not a joke. It's not funny. Yeah, it's probably my fault that my hearing has suffered (HELLOOOOOOO playing in a band and saying "I don't need no fuckin' earplugs).

But dammit man. Unless you want me to

1.) Not answer you.
2.) Nod and Smile, pretend I know what you're saying, only to have no idea.
3.) give you the same attitude you gave me

Please, stop being a dick about it.

If I ask you what you said, or ask you to repeat yourself, or in a loud environment want you to look at me when you are talking, Please comply. It's not that I "can't" hear you, It's that there are points when multiple noises at the same time, or from a distance, turn to mush. I'm sure it's nerve damage of some sort, after playing 150+ shows a year for 7 years.
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 am

^^
Also, people that when asked to repeat themselves say something else (try to say it in another way) - one is not dumb because one has a hearing impairment (in my case several severe inner ear infections the first couple of years of my life) - please just repeat what you said - don't rephrase it, that just makes it even harder to find out what you said (and don't cover your mouth, I do actually lip read! even though I can't rely on lipreading alone)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 am

Nooska wrote:Bene prefers going commando?

I'll occasionally rock the kilt, but sadly, they frown upon the fig leaf here at work. So I rock slacks more than anything else, unless I'm at home where it pretty much immediately becomes loose pajama pants/shorts or out where it's straight-leg jeans or cargos (unless it's shorts weather, then it's pretty much always cargo shorts).

for me, it's not the legs, but the region just north of the waistband that causes fit/look issues these days ;)

funny thought of the day: why is it not just 'pant'... it's not like I'm wearing more than one. :P
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General